PDA

View Full Version : A question for all you lucky guys who have their good ladies over here?

andy222
20th November 2011, 22:18
Just a question I would like an answer to guys? What do your good ladies really miss about the philippines?

gWaPito
20th November 2011, 22:28
Just a question I would like a answer to guys? What do your good ladies really miss about the philippines?

Food Family and weather, warm weather. Apart from that everything else is hunky dorry :Jump:

grahamw48
20th November 2011, 22:30
I would guess at family, friends, food and weather. :Erm:

Our deserted streets and neighbours who don't speak to each other are usually a shock to the system too.

grahamw48
20th November 2011, 22:30
Snap ! :icon_lol:

andy222
20th November 2011, 22:34
Hmm I wonder what would be the top answer?

gWaPito
20th November 2011, 22:38

Our deserted streets and neighbours who don't speak to each other are usually a shock to the system too.

I agree with last sentence :NoNo:

My good lady says living here is comparable to living In the mountains..or being invisible..i get the feeling she not liking it :icon_lol:

Me and her both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Philippines bound in a couple...that's the plan.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
20th November 2011, 22:38
my talkative gosspiy neighbors :cwm24::omg::laugher:, my bed, malling..my flip top:Rasp: and many more to be enumarated in next post:crazy::icon_lol:

ConfusedMe
20th November 2011, 22:51
Talkative Gossipy Neighbors... :icon_lol: Love that one... I know all the people living in the same street as me. Actually, I know most of the people living in the same subdivision...

I miss the beach and the bars around the beach...

and oh oh... I miss CHEAP shopping :D

Moy
20th November 2011, 23:00
my envious relative:yikes::icon_lol:..my 17 years old dog:(:bigcry::cwm24::doh, the dirty canals and emburnal:cwm24::xxaction-smiley-047:yikes: and the pullution :yikes:, jeepney..the noisy busses,tricycle etc..:D

more to come:Rasp:

toging
20th November 2011, 23:11

definitely:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

toging
20th November 2011, 23:13
i miss the fatty pork and my super loud music system!!!!!!

grahamw48
20th November 2011, 23:38
Oh yes !

When I lived out there I loved the ex-nightclub sound system I had installed....belting out everything from Mary J Blige to Black Sabbath. :D

Out there the neighbours loved it....dancing in front of our gates.:icon_lol:

Here, the council would be round in 10 minutes. :cwm3:

andy222
21st November 2011, 07:01
Too true Graham! Some good comments here but its what I expected especially the weather. I have warned the wife about the weather here. As for neighbours who dont talk she wont mind that. She will definatley see a change when she comes here though. If I had my way it would be the phils anyday like most on here. Thanks for your input guys.

lastlid
21st November 2011, 11:05
Grilled Pork.

Food and family, mostly. Her moms cooking.

Dedworth
21st November 2011, 11:27
The TV but all the tripe seems available online or via TFC :D

raynaputi
21st November 2011, 15:24
I miss my family, friends and my pets! :bigcry: also the family gatherings, especially now that Christmas is near..oh and watching movies in the theatre/cinema! In Manila, we live near malls and it's so easy going there even for a stroll or window shopping or just meetup with friends over coffee or dinner or watch a movie..here it's kinda hard especially if you don't know how to drive! :NoNo: But simple things still makes me happy like feeding the fish and seeing the sheep outside the house..hahahaha :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
21st November 2011, 15:56
Balut, Adidas, and all the other offal based street food

LeoLady
21st November 2011, 16:03
i missed food especially inun-onan, pork sinigang, adobo. family and friends.. but most of all celebrating christmas in the philippines....

lastlid
21st November 2011, 16:07
i missed food especially inun-onan, pork sinigang, adobo. family and friends.. but most of all celebrating christmas in the philippines....
We just found out where to buy Knorr Sinigang mix locally. Dont know how it will taste. Tried to find Tamarind but with little success.

sars_notd_virus
21st November 2011, 16:56
Family, Friends and Weather:xxgrinning--00xx3:
i have no problems with foods , i can cook some alternative filipino dishes over here.

Arthur Little
21st November 2011, 17:24
Family, Friends and Weather :xxgrinning--00xx3:
i have no problems with foods , i can cook some alternative filipino dishes over here.

:iagree: with most answers given so far ... but, like you, Mari ... :anerikke: ... Myrna is accustomed to cooking her own recipies. :)

Arthur Little
21st November 2011, 17:34
and oh oh... I miss CHEAP shopping :D

NOT so cheap now ... under the current administration! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
21st November 2011, 17:45
Balut, Adidas, and all the other offal based street food

:yikes: ... balut? :omg: ... AWFUL ...

Arthur Little
21st November 2011, 17:52
... or perhaps it's just the thought of it! :vomit-smiley-011:

andy222
21st November 2011, 17:53
Got to admit Arthur I havent tried balut. The wife tried to tempt me with balut but when i saw it it put me off a bit.

Englishman2010
21st November 2011, 18:00
This is a good alternative to balut:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
21st November 2011, 18:04
Got to admit Arthur I havent tried balut. The wife tried to tempt me with balut but when i saw it it put me off a bit.

ME neither, Andy :nono-1-1: ... think I'll give it a miss too!!

John_10
21st November 2011, 18:37
Arthur I agree
balut...its nasty:omg:...Day old chicks that just sick.

Moy
21st November 2011, 20:17
balut...its nasty...Day old chicks that just sick.

same with principle that marmite:xxaction-smiley-047:laugher: would be nasty if tasted by some pinoy:omg::icon_lol::Rasp:

andy222
21st November 2011, 20:56
Fair comment moy.:D

stevewool
21st November 2011, 21:12
i do my best to make sure Emma is happy here, tell her i love her everday and more then once, keep talking and sharing all when we can, but like many here say, its the family she will miss, but here is a question, it seems to me that once someone is here from the phils, its the person here making contact with back home, its very rare that back home makes contact first unless its wanting something

Terpe
21st November 2011, 21:19
i do my best to make sure Emma is happy here, tell her i love her everday and more then once, keep talking and sharing all when we can, but like many here say, its the family she will miss, but here is a question, it seems to me that once someone is here from the phils, its the person here making contact with back home, its very rare that back home makes contact first unless its wanting something

Steve, you made the very key point. Even though we all know it does cost more (relative) to call to UK, where there's a will there's a way.
This is something I always say and is mostly something that causes 'friction' from Carina. But true nevertheless.
Good point mate.

stevewool
21st November 2011, 22:59
what gets me is sometimes when the family are on the computer in the phils, there are very few messages to emma saying hi , or anything, its down to Emma to to start the coversation, even though they are talking to other people in other parts of the world

purple
22nd November 2011, 17:09
Family friends and weather.

Food is not a problem to me.

28 more days to go and Pilipinas here I come!!!:Jump::Jump::Jump:

jocelyn86
22nd November 2011, 17:59
Grahamw48..Your diffinetely rigth

gWaPito
23rd November 2011, 17:34
'Family, friends and weather' everything else is ok.:cwm3:
There was me thinking those three ingredients were the essence of life, especially with Filipinos.

South-east boy
24th November 2011, 21:20
We just found out where to buy Knorr Sinigang mix locally. Dont know how it will taste. Tried to find Tamarind but with little success.

I bought some from my local shop and thought it was pretty good-a Filipina friend also bought some and loved it, there's a few different ones they do-the Knorr and Mama Sitas ones. I'll make some more sometime later.

lastlid
25th November 2011, 11:20
I bought some from my local shop and thought it was pretty good-a Filipina friend also bought some and loved it, there's a few different ones they do-the Knorr and Mama Sitas ones. I'll make some more sometime later.
We had the Sinigang a few days ago. My wife loved it. The first Phils meal (other than Chicken Adobo) that my wife has had since she arrived here 2 months ago.

Its a soup innit eh? Soup served with rice. I have to say I enjoyed it to.

malditako
25th November 2011, 11:33
I miss my family, friends and my pets! :bigcry: also the family gatherings, especially now that Christmas is near..oh and watching movies in the theatre/cinema! In Manila, we live near malls and it's so easy going there even for a stroll or window shopping or just meetup with friends over coffee or dinner or watch a movie..here it's kinda hard especially if you don't know how to drive! :NoNo: But simple things still makes me happy like feeding the fish and seeing the sheep outside the house..hahahaha :icon_lol:

welcome to a country life ryna :) count the deers, foxes, rabbits and peasants if thats what they call them ( like a roaster flying) in our backyard lol

malditako
25th November 2011, 11:36
i miss every bit of phils....can't wait to come back and stay there for good. If we could only get what it takes to stay there ( work and money wise) we would.

malditako
25th November 2011, 11:37

very typical steve...its b.coz they busy talking to neighbors all the time lol

lastlid
27th November 2011, 13:03
My wife also misses a good range of clothes that fit her. She's a UK size 6 with short legs. And she misses Tribal Gear.

lastlid
27th November 2011, 13:04
Anybody know of any Tribal outlets in the UK? I have searched but haven't found any.

grahamw48
27th November 2011, 13:42
My ex used to buy 11 year-old girl sizes from the High Street outlets, and also made her own clothes. She was 4'10" and probably size 0....not that I understand such measurements. :Erm:

gWaPito
27th November 2011, 18:29
Anybody know of any Tribal outlets in the UK? I have searched but haven't found any.
My wife likes that brand also. Try looking at River Island and Republic. That's where she gets the majority of her clothes from :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
28th November 2011, 10:05
My wife likes that brand also. Try looking at River Island and Republic. That's where she gets the majority of her clothes from :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks.

I dont know if you know much about the Isle of Man, but the shopping here is very poor and its a long ferry journey just to get to Liverpool. Anyhow thanks. I think we need to get back over to the mainland soon, probably over christmas, for a mega shop.

lastlid
28th November 2011, 10:07
My ex used to buy 11 year-old girl sizes from the High Street outlets, and also made her own clothes. She was 4'10" and probably size 0....not that I understand such measurements. :Erm:

Well, thats just about the size of it with us, too. The hoodie we bought for her from Liverpool FC was for an 11 year old.:icon_lol: