PDA

View Full Version : Skype problem (in Phils)

grahamw48
21st November 2011, 14:50
Hi all you boffins. :D

My girlfriend has skype on her pc, but is having trouble getting herself 'online' with it.

She has a skype ID which has been recognised by my skype, but when I try contact, it says she's not available.

Any ideas that I can give her ?

Thanks. :)

(also she hasn't received my messages/request).

Englishman2010
21st November 2011, 15:49
Is it her connection Graham? Skype needs a good connection to work properly. Another downside of Skype is that it wont send messages if either of you are offline (unlike YM, GM or MSN). To receive Skype messages you both have to be on line at the same time. Personally I wouldn't bother with Skype unless you want to have a video or voice call, YM and GM are much better for type chatting

raynaputi
21st November 2011, 15:55
Is it her connection Graham? Skype needs a good connection to work properly. Another downside of Skype is that it wont send messages if either of you are offline (unlike YM, GM or MSN). To receive Skype messages you both have to be on line at the same time. Personally I wouldn't bother with Skype unless you want to have a video or voice call, YM and GM are much better for type chatting

I can send and get offline messages from Skype...I think it's probably graham's gf hasn't accepted or added him on her friend's list yet..:Erm: coz that's one way of not receiving any message from him...

lastlid
21st November 2011, 16:30
Me and the wife use Skype a lot and I use it at work. It gets better the better the network signal is. At worst it wont work at all.

If it isnt as Rayna says then try and find out if your gf is getting 3G.

sars_notd_virus
21st November 2011, 16:54
Hi all you boffins. :D

My girlfriend has skype on her pc, but is having trouble getting herself 'online' with it.

just make her a new skype name/account , and let her go through the settings

Pete/London
21st November 2011, 18:19
I can send and get offline messages from Skype...I think it's probably graham's gf hasn't accepted or added him on her friend's list yet..:Erm: coz that's one way of not receiving any message from him...

Same here, I can get or send messages off line, but its not always a great connection with the Philippines, tried YM and MSN, same trouble.
Not sure if its weather connected or user contention ratios.
Sometimes work better with the video turned off.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st November 2011, 19:00
Good news guys....problem resolved.

She managed to get hooked up eventually, and was able to hear one of my amazing renditions of Elvis Presley.

Whether or not she wants to repeat the experience, not sure. :laugher:

Englishman2010
21st November 2011, 19:02

I bet she was far too polite to say who the :censored: is Elvis:action-smiley-081:

philuk
21st November 2011, 21:07
Good news guys....problem resolved.

She managed to get hooked up eventually, and was able to hear one of my amazing renditions of Elvis Presley.

could be thats why it didn't work first time graham, skype is fussy what goes over there network

But seriously glad you got it working, i had to send the sister in law the full downloaded skype software as she could not get it to download directly, the network in angeles is not the fastest and just good enough for skype, and maybe a fraction better quality than yahoo.

Terpe
21st November 2011, 21:21
I bet she was far too polite to say who the :censored: is Elvis:action-smiley-081:

Elvis Costello ? :Erm:

grahamw48
21st November 2011, 21:51
could be thats why it didn't work first time graham, skype is fussy what goes over there network

But seriously glad you got it working, i had to send the sister in law the full downloaded skype software as she could not get it to download directly, the network in angeles is not the fastest and just good enough for skype, and maybe a fraction better quality than yahoo.

Network speed in Angeles ?....tell me about it....back in 2003 last time I lived there :rolleyes: :

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6549/skeletonatcomputer.jpg