PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting

jlags90
22nd November 2011, 04:37
Is there anyone here who have had an experience sending documents through ordinary mail? My fiance sent his documents last week and it hasn't arrived yet. He doesnt have duplicate copies of those since he sent all the original copies.... We have been using ordinary post in sending cards and it arrived before 10 days..It might be different this time since our future depends on the documents!... Please please share your experiences.. I am quiet sure that he did not include money in it or other valuable stuff. :Help1::Help1::Help1: Help

sheldon1
22nd November 2011, 04:56
As long you have requested it to be signed for, it should be ok. I send packages to my wife registered it usually takes about 21 days always gets there.

With documents though and important things recommend you use dhl. Wh smith have them in most shops and they will take care of it for you.
Sheldon

jencha8569
22nd November 2011, 07:00
Dont worry it will arrive soon. My husband been using normal mail to send me things and all of it arrived. It will be better if you go to post office to check if the parcel is already there. Recently my husband send me his documents for the visa it arrived 9 days after, i went to the post office to check and eventually get it before the post man send me the parcel notice.

joebloggs
22nd November 2011, 07:40
i wouldn't use the post office to send original and important documents, thou cheaper than a courier you cant trace it and it could take weeks, he could have got it to you in a couple of days for around £40 using dhl/fed x etc.

jlags90
22nd November 2011, 08:41
As long you have requested it to be signed for, it should be ok. I send packages to my wife registered it usually takes about 21 days always gets there.

With documents though and important things recommend you use dhl. Wh smith have them in most shops and they will take care of it for you.
Sheldon

Yeah, we did not talk when he sent the documents. I wasn't able to tell him the risks of sending the documents on a regular mail. I just knew it was flying already to the Philippines. Just hoping it will arrive... Thanks sheldon...

jlags90
22nd November 2011, 08:42
i wouldn't use the post office to send original and important documents, thou cheaper than a courier you cant trace it and it could take weeks, he could have got it to you in a couple of days for around £40 using dhl/fed x etc.

Youre right joebloggs...sigh.. now here goes another sleepless nights again...:)

jlags90
22nd November 2011, 08:44
Dont worry it will arrive soon. My husband been using normal mail to send me things and all of it arrived. It will be better if you go to post office to check if the parcel is already there. Recently my husband send me his documents for the visa it arrived 9 days after, i went to the post office to check and eventually get it before the post man send me the parcel notice.

jencha8569

I hope his documents will arrive safe and sound like yours... Those are all I am waiting, then I am ready to lodge the application. Does it arrive later than the arrival of cards?

jencha8569
22nd November 2011, 08:49
It depends, just to be sure go to the post office then ask if ur parcel is already there.. Thats what i did, thankfully it was there safe and sound.

jlags90
22nd November 2011, 09:01
It depends, just to be sure go to the post office then ask if ur parcel is already there.. Thats what i did, thankfully it was there safe and sound.

thanks jencha8569.. thats what i will definitely do... :)

stevewool
22nd November 2011, 09:07
depending how important they are to you both, always make copies

jlags90
22nd November 2011, 09:12
depending how important they are to you both, always make copies

he sent the documents without my permission....:) so i wasn't able to instruct him to make copies..... sigh!

malchard888
22nd November 2011, 09:44
For your information none of my submitted documents were originals or attested copies other than my monthly salary slips and these were accepted by the ECO wthout any problem and after all it doesnt say in the list of docs to be submitted by the UK resident that they have to be originals. Problem is if he didnt take any copies and God forbid they go astray in the mail, then u might have a dilemma so be positive im sure they will arrive in the fullness of time. :)
Malcolm

Dedworth
22nd November 2011, 20:11
I find it hard to believe that anyone would be mug enough to send important original docs by ordinary post and not even bother to copy them. I hope jlags90 they arrive OK soon

ynwa
22nd November 2011, 21:30
jlags theres a little delay on packages and letters due to christmas season.
Dont worry it will come to you soon.
I send a parcel recently and it took 21 days to arrived!

jlags90
23rd November 2011, 02:29
For your information none of my submitted documents were originals or attested copies other than my monthly salary slips and these were accepted by the ECO wthout any problem and after all it doesnt say in the list of docs to be submitted by the UK resident that they have to be originals. Problem is if he didnt take any copies and God forbid they go astray in the mail, then u might have a dilemma so be positive im sure they will arrive in the fullness of time. :)

Malcolm

Malchard888, most of the documents were original except the passport which was a certified true copy. I am still worried, and I asked my fiance if in case they dont arrive, will he still be willing to secure the copies and start over again.. He was negative to the idea. So I think the end is near.. :)

jlags90
23rd November 2011, 02:34
jlags theres a little delay on packages and letters due to christmas season.
Dont worry it will come to you soon.
I send a parcel recently and it took 21 days to arrived!

did you send it by ordinary post ynwa? I am so worried now, before it will only take maximum of ten days for his cards to arrive... when did you send the parcel? he sent it second saturday of november. I just hope it arrives.... Are there no horror stories on Philippine Postal Mail these days?

jlags90
23rd November 2011, 02:36
I find it hard to believe that anyone would be mug enough to send important original docs by ordinary post and not even bother to copy them. I hope jlags90 they arrive OK soon

thanks dedworth... your neighbors a mug... hahaha! i forgot to tell him to scan all the documents in case it will be lost.. as i have said, it was too late since he just told me he had sent the documents the day after he sent it.:Help1:

jencha8569
23rd November 2011, 05:23
its peak season so it might take longer than the usual. keep on the positive side, as what u said all that he sends you arrived. just be patient and keep checking at the post office.

jlags90
23rd November 2011, 07:40
good Lord, it's in my hands!

jlags90
23rd November 2011, 08:21
Do you know someone who's fiance's remaining balance in one bank account is between 1200-1700 uk pounds? I am worried this would affect the decision. Please help...

lastlid
23rd November 2011, 08:36
My wife gave me the wrong zip code and she had no letter box in her house door or gate in Dasmarinas, Cavite. Yet her Starbucks t shirt still got there in just under 28 days.

malchard888
23rd November 2011, 08:40
Malchard888, most of the documents were original except the passport which was a certified true copy. I am still worried, and I asked my fiance if in case they dont arrive, will he still be willing to secure the copies and start over again.. He was negative to the idea. So I think the end is near.. :)

I am sorry to hear that news from you, but i do hope u have the read the situation wrong and that everything will be ok soon.
I guess being somewhat older I am a bit more understanding perhaps of the need to get it right first time and of course the frustration of waking up each morning with no mail on the doormat can be a bit depressing when u are anxious to submit everything to the ECO which of course will be even more heartache as it took us a whole month to get the ok.
Well keep posting in here and keep us all aware of the situation, we all feel for you at this worrying time.:)
Malcolm

joebloggs
23rd November 2011, 12:03
My wife gave me the wrong zip code and she had no letter box in her house door or gate in Dasmarinas, Cavite. Yet her Starbucks t shirt still got there in just under 28 days.

my wife sent me an important document, after waiting and waiting it didnt arrive, and months later, she told me she got the letter back, the post office had written unknown address on the envelope and sent it back to my misses, she put a 1 instead of a 7 for part of the house number, but my name was correct (they are only 2 people with my surname in the who country , me and my younger brother, the rest of the address and post code was correct :cwm23::angry::censored::censored:) that letter had travelled 13,000 miles and she sent it back to me again :doh:laugher:

jlags90
24th November 2011, 03:32
Thanks guys for the ideas.. I have received the documents yesterday... sound and not safe.. The envelope was already open when I had it.. just one wage slip missing...:) The next worry would be the visa... :) this forum helps a lot... KUDOS!

KeithD
24th November 2011, 10:18
Malchard888, most of the documents were original except the passport which was a certified true copy...... :)

Thanks guys for the ideas.. I have received the documents yesterday... sound and not safe.. The envelope was already open when I had it.. just one wage slip missing...:) The next worry would be the visa... :) this forum helps a lot... KUDOS!

If I was your other half I'd take every step possible against identity theft. If it's been opened and an important document like that is missing then someone has had access to set themselves up as your other half.

For anyone else reading this that hasn't sent documents yet.... ALWAYS USE DHL/FEDEX/UPS, NEVER SEND IMPRTANT DOCUMENT TO THE PHILIPPINES USING NORMAL POST

lastlid
24th November 2011, 10:22
Well, ironicaly there is always the exception. A friend of my wife's had her parcle of papers posted to her from Scotland, recently, by FEDEX and it never arrived. She waited a month. It is still in Scotland. So they are going to try another carrier.