PDA

View Full Version : David Beckham inviting Filipinos to watch...

Maria B
23rd November 2011, 12:08
To all David Beckham and LA Galaxy Fans, it’s finally confirmed! They will play against our very own Philippine Azkals at the Rizal Memorial Football Staduim on 3rd December 2011. Watch out for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxLsLnMid7c
http://www.futbolph.com/2011/11/friendly-game-philippine-azkals-vs-la-galaxy-match-and-ticket-details/

Can't believe it. Tickets too expensive:cwm3:

Englishman2010
23rd November 2011, 13:07
Does he still play for them? I read yesterday that he has played his last match for them as his contract expires this week:Erm:

Maria B
23rd November 2011, 13:27
It's a friendly Game of Philippine AZKALS vs LA Galaxy (with David Beckham).

Read from twitter that "David Beckham has suggested that he may make a shock return to Serie A if he decides to leave LA Galaxy following the end of his contract with the club".

I don't know about when his contract ends:Erm:

sim&lil
23rd November 2011, 13:51
Ticket prices for this game are a :censored: scandal. Cheapest ticket is p2000 going up to p15,000. The last WC quailifier against Kuwait the most expensive ticket was p3000 and cheapest p150. The organisers have priced the regular pinoy out of the game.

Terpe
23rd November 2011, 14:15
Ticket prices for this game are a :censored: scandal. Cheapest ticket is p2000 going up to p15,000. The last WC quailifier against Kuwait the most expensive ticket was p3000 and cheapest p150. The organisers have priced the regular pinoy out of the game.

Ouch!! those prices really are scandalous. :doh
Disgrace :furious3:

Dedworth
23rd November 2011, 14:24
Ouch!! those prices really are scandalous. :doh
Disgrace :furious3:

They're obviously hoping for a high turnout of mugs

ConfusedMe
24th November 2011, 01:37
Waaahhhh!!!! Is this for real?! My gawd!!!! Nice Kaayo :)

sim&lil
24th November 2011, 07:46
According to the PFF the prices are so high because the owners of the Rizal Memorial Stadium asked for P1,000,000 in rent. The local press are saying the prices are ok because everyone will be getting their 13th month bonus soon. Obviously the rich writers and broadcasters don't have to worry where there next kilo of rice is coming from.

The big shame in all this is, in the last 12 months football has really taken off here, even to the point of overshadowing basketball. But ticket prices like these will soon make folks lose interest.

andy222
24th November 2011, 07:55
According to the PFF the prices are so high because the owners of the Rizal Memorial Stadium asked for P1,000,000 in rent. The local press are saying the prices are ok because everyone will be getting their 13th month bonus soon. Obviously the rich writers and broadcasters don't have to worry where there next kilo of rice is coming from.

The big shame in all this is, in the last 12 months football has really taken off here, even to the point of overshadowing basketball. But ticket prices like these will soon make folks lose interest.

Funny you should say that. When I was there in october I watch a watched the Philippine national side play and they were good. I even said to my nephew there. If they concentrated on soccer more rather than basketball they would be a great team.

Maria B
24th November 2011, 10:16
If they concentrated on soccer more rather than basketball they would be a great team.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

sim&lil
24th November 2011, 13:59
Funny you should say that. When I was there in october I watch a watched the Philippine national side play and they were good. I even said to my nephew there. If they concentrated on soccer more rather than basketball they would be a great team.

Something that strikes me as quite sad has come out of the footie team doing quite well. A lot of people think it's unfair that the team is full of "half pinoy" players. There is a lot of anti player abuse going on across the Azkal forums etc. Admittedly most of the team is half pinoy, but there are some very good local players in the team also.

elvie89
24th November 2011, 15:23
hmmmm what a lot of bull'its hehehe would love to watch but the price is bloody expensive its my one week budget hahahaha

sim&lil
24th November 2011, 15:25
I think it's on the TV. ABS=CBN or Studio 23.

elvie89
24th November 2011, 16:13
I think it's on the TV. ABS=CBN or Studio 23.
really,if so then its lovely!!