PDA

View Full Version : He is disbabled - can he petition his girlfriend?

jane2009
24th November 2011, 18:02
Hi,
My sister met a british man online they been chatting for many months now. The man will be coming to philippines to meet my sister in person.
He is claiming a benefits since he damaged his back few years ago. Is there any pssible he can petition my sister to come here? Many thanks

pat090909
24th November 2011, 19:00
hi jane :Wave: please read thread titled 'Prohibited? posted by toneec :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
24th November 2011, 20:05
my goodness me:crazy:!!!!!!Sorry everyone my keypad's fault....Disabled I mean......

Terpe
24th November 2011, 21:33
Hi,
My sister met a british man online they been chatting for many months now. The man will be coming to philippines to meet my sister in person.
He is claiming a benefits since he damaged his back few years ago. Is there any pssible he can petition my sister to come here? Many thanks

Yes he can sponsor her. Anyone can apply. There is no restriction and no discrimination. Just they need to comply with the immigration rules and UKBA visa requirements.
Reading the media reports , if there are any financial or accommodation constraints it's better to get the visa applications in asap before any new changes come into force.

However, if someone truly cannot meet the current financial and maintenance requirements, then it means they should not bring anyone they care about to UK.

I have a friend who recently arrived to UK on a spouse visa who finds herself in a very difficult financial position . Additionally there is a 6 year old child.
My personal opinion should never be printed here.

In the case I refer to, the husband is totally not up the job of being a responsible caring husband and father and is putting his wife and child through hell.
They would be much better to go back to Philippines with the support and friendship of their family and friends.

Many apologies for my rant. No offence intended to you at all

jane2009
24th November 2011, 22:07
Yes he can sponsor her. Anyone can apply. There is no restriction and no discrimination. Just they need to comply with the immigration rules and UKBA visa requirements.
Reading the media reports , if there are any financial or accommodation constraints it's better to get the visa applications in asap before any new changes come into force.

Howebver, if someone truly cannot meet the current financial and maintenance requirements, then it means they should not bring anyone they care about to UK.

I have a friend who recently arrived to UK on a spouse visa who finds herself in a very difficult financial position . Additionally there is a 6 year old child.
My personal opinion should never be printed here.

In the case I refer to, the husband is totally not up the job of being a responsible caring husband and father and is putting his wife and child through hell.
They would be much better to go back to Philippines with the support and friendship of their family and friends.

Many apologies for my rant. No offence intended to you at all

Hi,
thank you so much Sir for being so helpful. I understand what you mean! According to my sister her boyfriend got some savings!( i hope its true) he will go to the philippines next month and maybe we will met when hes back! If everything will be ok we will see if we could help as much us we can...cheers

grahamw48
24th November 2011, 22:44
Sorry to be negative, but there are a LOT of daydreamers browsing the dating sites....both men and women.

Best to see what happens once they have met, and then take things from there. :)

elvie89
25th November 2011, 03:20
Sorry to be negative, but there are a LOT of daydreamers browsing the dating sites....both men and women.

Best to see what happens once they have met, and then take things from there. :)
lol i can relate with the day dreamer thing hahaha

grahamw48
25th November 2011, 11:15
Yeah me too at the moment I suppose. lol :Rasp:

I do have serious plans and realistic expectations though, as I've been down this route before. :)

Arthur Little
25th November 2011, 15:51
my goodness me:crazy:!!!!!!Sorry everyone my keypad's fault....Disabled I mean......

No problem, Jane ... I've amended it! :)