PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everybody on here.....

taxidriver41
26th November 2011, 18:03
Just a short message to introduce my self, i am Jim and i work in London as a black cab driver for about 5 months of the year and the rest of the time is spent with my partner Weng and our kids in Las Pinas Manila, no plans at the moment to relocate to the UK, we are both happy where we are but hope to get married within the next year or so. Glad i checked this site out it seems to have lots of useful information, hope I can make a decent contribution here as well.

les_taxi
26th November 2011, 18:15
Welcome from a Harrogate Taxi driver:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The forum is great and you will get lots of advice and make some good friends on here:)

grahamw48
26th November 2011, 18:53
Welcome to the forum Jim. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't know, you can't find a taxi-driver for love nor money, and then they show up in pairs. :icon_lol:

stevewool
26th November 2011, 19:54
hi there Jim, so lots of knowledge from you then:)

Terpe
26th November 2011, 20:22
Just a short message to introduce my self, i am Jim and i work in London as a black cab driver for about 5 months of the year and the rest of the time is spent with my partner Weng and our kids in Las Pinas Manila, no plans at the moment to relocate to the UK, we are both happy where we are but hope to get married within the next year or so. Glad i checked this site out it seems to have lots of useful information, hope I can make a decent contribution here as well.

Hello Jim and welcome aboard :xxgrinning--00xx3:

taxidriver41
26th November 2011, 22:42
Thanks for the welcome , I am just getting sorted to go back to manila next week, although i wish i booked up a few days earlier then i could have gone to the azkals LA galaxy game, quite gutted really:doh....., although i see the tickets are a bit pricey.....still saves me trying to explain the offside rule to Weng though !!!!!!!

sweetnote143
27th November 2011, 07:04
welcome to the forum, jim:Wave:

Englishman2010
27th November 2011, 09:02
Welcome to the forum Jim:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
27th November 2011, 22:03
Welcome aboard Jim - here's a pic of Les your fellow Taxi Driver :D

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRNJwTo9XYN9ekMxl5v3wD5FirTspPGPUh_4OLCd1eUNnBf9ti

Englishman2010
27th November 2011, 22:08
This is more up Les' street:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
27th November 2011, 23:06
I wish....:)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4725/yankpolicyed2.jpg

Arthur Little
28th November 2011, 10:48
Just a short message to introduce my self, i am Jim and i work in London as a black cab driver for about 5 months of the year and the rest of the time is spent with my partner Weng and our kids in Las Pinas Manila, no plans at the moment to relocate to the UK, we are both happy where we are but hope to get married within the next year or so. Glad i checked this site out it seems to have lots of useful information,

Hello, Jim ... since you're dividing (or should I say "taxi~ing"? :airline:) your time between :Britain: and the Phils :philippines: presumably it's [normally] the British "summer" :rolleyes: months you spend here and the other seven in Manila! ;)

Anyway ... good to see you & Les have acquainted yourselves already ... the pair of you will soon be "comparing notes"!! :welcomex: to our joint filipino/uk site, and goodluck with your future plans. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th November 2011, 11:04
hope I can make a decent contribution here as well.

:) ... I'm sure you CAN!

Arthur Little
28th November 2011, 11:44
I am just getting sorted to go back to manila next week

:) ... I'm sure you CAN!

Ah ... wise man! I NOW note you've decided to go back to warmer climes before the need for anti freeze - not to mention WD40 to disperse the painful effects of 'Jack Frost' and his wintry talons on your window panes - so we wish you Bon Voyage, :Wave: and look forward to your forthcoming contributions from da Pinas.

iamamanda
28th November 2011, 14:07
Hi there. I'm new here too! Nice to meet you

taxidriver41
9th December 2011, 16:54
Hi everybody
Glad to say that I got back to Manila on wednesday, it is great to be back home again...The good lady is looking after me very well, in fact she is just getting me a nice cold san mig as we speak, if anyone is in the las pinas area over the next 3 months please leave a message if you fancy meeting up sometime for a beer or three or a bite to eat... you can be assured of a warm welcome here at taxidriver towers...anyway all have a nice xmas and lots of love to you all xx

grahamw48
9th December 2011, 16:56
All the best to you and yours, and a happy Xmas. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm not jealous. :cwm3:

Hmm....I won't be far from there in February. :Erm:

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 16:58
Hi everybody
Glad to say that I got back to Manila on wednesday, it is great to be back home again...The good lady is looking after me very well, in fact she is just getting me a nice cold san mig as we speak, if anyone is in the las pinas area over the next 3 months please leave a message if you fancy meeting up sometime for a beer or three or a bite to eat... you can be assured of a warm welcome here at taxidriver towers...anyway all have a nice xmas and lots of love to you all xx

It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it :D

gWaPito
9th December 2011, 17:18
Hi everybody
Welcome Jim

My wife is from CAA....We and baby James are currently settled here in Swindon, not far from the great metropolis. :)

Sounds if your in a good situation Jim...splitting your time between both.
The best of both worlds....uk income...philippine living expenses...a very enviable position.

Good for you Jim.....dont ruin it by rushing here. Except to get your wife citizenship :)