PDA

View Full Version : LODGING the APPLICATION next WEEK

jlags90
27th November 2011, 01:28
Hello Everyone!

I think I am ready to lodge my application. I have the printed visa application form and the appointment confirmation. Now I have to ask more questions since I will be traveling alone in an unfamiliar place for the first time. I also wanted to assess if how will our application be. (either denied or granted) based on your experiences.

1. FIANCE'S SAVINGS - As of the last bank statement, my fiance has a total of around 1,800 pounds in his two bank accounts. His wage for November wasn't appearing yet since the statement ended Nov. 7th. He has two houses, the other house has a deposit of 20, 000 and is rented by Calderade State for 400 pounds monthly. The other house (where is currently living) has an initial deposit of 45, 000 pounds. Would these be considered his savings? He currently opened a new bank account (he said it has bigger interest rate than others) but doesn't have bank statement yet coz it was just opened recently.

2. MY CURRENT FINANCES. Do I need to include my wage slips? There was a question in the form which asks about my current financial status and since I am working, I provided details. Do I need to have supporting documents? I am not financing this application (my fiance does).

3. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. I answered YES to the question, do you intend to work in UK? But I quoted "once my immigration status permits work...." Is this OK?

4. LODGING THE APPLICATION. I have already the appointment confirmation letter at hand. I want to use VIP Premium Service to be able to finish the application soon since I can't leave my job for two days. Is it OK if I book VIP Premium Service even if I already have one appointment letter?

5. VISA FEE When I pay the visa fee through a bank, what shall I tell the teller? Would they need bank account number?

6. VIP FEE. What are the modes of payment for availing the VIP Service?

7. MISSING WAGE SLIP. When I received my fiances documents, the envelope was already opened. His September wage slip was missing. It might have been lost along the way. But his wage appeared in his bank statement for September, is it ok to put a note in the bank statement?

Lastly, wish me good luck! This will be another NEW and WORTHWHILE experience.!

Thanks for taking time to read.. I will wait for your expert replies....

JONA

lastlid
27th November 2011, 13:09
Answer to Question 4. yes. When you makle the VIP booking it automatically cancels the original normal booking if already made. This happened with us. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
27th November 2011, 13:12
Answer to Q 5

From an email from VFS to me in August...check the UKBA website as it may have changed. or email Tess at VFS....

"You can pay your visa application fee in any of the following ways:

By cash only over the counter at the Union Bank Pasong Tamo Branch. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.
The bank's address is:
Union Bank
Ground Floor
Kingswood Arcade Vito Cruz Ext. corner Pasong Tamo,
Makati City

By cash only over the counter at any other branch of the Union Bank. There is a service charge of Php 150.00 per visa application. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.

By manager's cheque obtained from any bank registered in the Philippines. Cheques should be made payable to the 'British Embassy'. Only managers' cheques with the correct fee and payable to 'British Embassy' will be accepted. There is a bank charge when you purchase a manager's cheque which varies from bank to bank. You should ensure that you obtain a receipt."

lastlid
27th November 2011, 13:14
Answer to Q6

I recall that the VIP Lounge fee is paid on the day the application is submitted, directly to VFS. No banking involved

jlags90
28th November 2011, 05:07
Answer to Q 5

From an email from VFS to me in August...check the UKBA website as it may have changed. or email Tess at VFS....

"You can pay your visa application fee in any of the following ways:

By cash only over the counter at the Union Bank Pasong Tamo Branch. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.
The bank's address is:
Union Bank
Ground Floor
Kingswood Arcade Vito Cruz Ext. corner Pasong Tamo,
Makati City

By cash only over the counter at any other branch of the Union Bank. There is a service charge of Php 150.00 per visa application. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.

By manager's cheque obtained from any bank registered in the Philippines. Cheques should be made payable to the 'British Embassy'. Only managers' cheques with the correct fee and payable to 'British Embassy' will be accepted. There is a bank charge when you purchase a manager's cheque which varies from bank to bank. You should ensure that you obtain a receipt."

Thanks lastlid... do you think my fiance's finances is ok?

lastlid
28th November 2011, 09:59
Thanks lastlid... do you think my fiance's finances is ok?

The finance part of the application is not so straight forward and varies from one applicant to the next. And I wouldnt like to give you the wrong advice so it is best left to others on those aspects.

jlags90
28th November 2011, 10:07
The finance part of the application is not so straight forward and varies from one applicant to the next. And I wouldnt like to give you the wrong advice so it is best left to others on those aspects.

thanks... I hope somebody would be generous enough to give me a piece of advice regarding this matter...

lastlid
28th November 2011, 10:13
For Q3, I think you are okay for that. Ours was a Spouse visa, but from what I have seen, that answer you have drafted, for a Fiancee visa, looks okay. Someone else will be able to confirm that.

jlags90
28th November 2011, 10:18
For Q3, I think you are okay for that. Ours was a Spouse visa, but from what I have seen, that answer you have drafted, for a Fiancee visa, looks okay. Someone else will be able to confirm that.

Thanks lastlid,

Did you include savings account statement? Thanks, I would really need to work when allowed so we won't be begging for food in England... hahaha!

lastlid
28th November 2011, 10:30
Yes. We submitted my savings account statements. 6 months worth.

jlags90
29th November 2011, 05:24
Thanks lastlid,

Will an email suffice? My fiance's savings account statements are delivered to him once every three months. The last one might be irrelevant. i have an appointment at VFS on Dec. 5... so if he request one, it might not arrive before my appointment.

lastlid
29th November 2011, 09:37
Thanks lastlid,

Will an email suffice? My fiance's savings account statements are delivered to him once every three months. The last one might be irrelevant. i have an appointment at VFS on Dec. 5... so if he request one, it might not arrive before my appointment.

We requested one. We basically waited till we got the bank statements and then submitted the application. The bank statements were the last thing we waited for.

jlags90
29th November 2011, 09:49
We requested one. We basically waited till we got the bank statements and then submitted the application. The bank statements were the last thing we waited for.

Is bank statement different from savings account statement? I already have his bank statements with me...

lastlid
29th November 2011, 09:58
A lot depends on your individual circumstances. In our case we submitted 6 months current account statements (where my wages are paid in and bills are paid from) and 6 months deposit (savings) account statements. The idea of the deposit (savings) account statements appears to be to prove your spouse has savings and to prove that they havent just appeared overnight.

We waited till we got both, before submitting our application in late august.

jlags90
29th November 2011, 10:06
A lot depends on your individual circumstances. In our case we submitted 6 months current account statements (where my wages are paid in and bills are paid from) and 6 months deposit (savings) account statements. The idea of the deposit (savings) account statements appears to be to prove your spouse has savings and to prove that they havent just appeared overnight.

We waited till we got both, before submitting our application in late august.

I see... The money he deposited to his savings account were reflected on his bank statements (transfer to D. Bamford) I have encircled those and placed a note saying that those amounts were going to his savings account.... Is this ok already? His savings account statements are given to him once every three months so the last statement was from September this year...

Thanks lastlid...

lastlid
29th November 2011, 10:25
I see... The money he deposited to his savings account were reflected on his bank statements (transfer to D. Bamford) I have encircled those and placed a note saying that those amounts were going to his savings account.... Is this ok already? His savings account statements are given to him once every three months so the last statement was from September this year...

Thanks lastlid...

That sounds okay. But we didnt write any notes or circles on ours as any transfers between the 2 accounts is obvious.

Regarding the savings account statement. With most banks you can ask for an up to date statement at any time. But it can take a few days to arrive by post. Maybe quicker if you call into the bank - not certain......

MissAna
29th November 2011, 12:11
:Wave: good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3: