PDA

View Full Version : where to adventure in uk ????

5olidsnake
31st May 2007, 20:49
ok guys n gals

can you lot recommend places you,ve seen n visited for a day or weekends in the uk

newquay, stonehenge, up snowdon and cadar, also alton towers any others ???

andypaul
31st May 2007, 21:44
London all the usual tourist locations plus huge china town, phill shops and cafes in earls court and one just off goodge street if the mrs is missing some home foods.

baboyako
31st May 2007, 22:27
if you are looking for outdoors wales is a good bet :xxgrinning--00xx3: :omg:

lake bala is good place for canoing :Jump:

elan valley has some impressive reservoirs & has the rare red kite

tywyn, barmouth and dolgellau are good too

there is also the welsh newquay :Erm: bit down market mind :icon_lol:

closer to london try windsor great park & virginia water - it's gated so you will need to sneek on in if you're driving:D, near to ascot of course :222:

chedder caves is a good stop off the motorway, and get some cream tea:Rasp:

if you're based in london - hastings and whitstable make good days out.

cotswolds has a farming museum & wildlife park (and cream tea) :icon_lol:

I think weardale, tynedale are not great, but north of carlisle things pick up & it's all very pleasant :D (ettrick forest/cheviots) the only place in scotland I've been :mad:

lake district for a long weekend? new forest (expensive i think)

talking of expensive - scilly isles by helicopter? you can go by boat also, or go by plane (4 seater) & come back on the boat

if you want historic towns, canterbury, york, oxford etc

places I wouldn't recommend - great yarmouth, southend, leeds, manc land, liverpool :NoNo: :icon_lol:

chessington is another adventure park..

loads n loads there

silver13
31st May 2007, 23:11
Hi everyone Anilyn's Fiance here try these places, Loch Lomond in Scotland that is breathtakingly beautiful like my Marikit Annie (Silver13), Beddgelert in wales, look for the story of Gelert the masters dog in search engines, it is a sad story about the masters wrong doing to his dog as legend of Gelert says, but it has moral and story to teach as well as the place is beautiful :-) Coombe Abbey in Coventry hgas a huge heronry with a large percentage of the countrys heron population Have Fun

KeithD
1st June 2007, 09:06
Come our house in wales......you can walk the 3 miles for my papar every morning......now that is an adventure :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
1st June 2007, 11:02
If I was you I'll bring my lady to the popular tourist spots in London first like London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Wax Museum, etc.

LadyJ
1st June 2007, 11:08
Speaking of Newquay, anyone been there before? They said that place is a Ibiza version, hmmm..

We will visit Holywell Bay Park for weekend camping on August and the place looks nice on their website with 300ft slide to their pool and a short walking distance to the beach.

KeithD
1st June 2007, 11:10
Speaking of Newquay, anyone been there before? They said that place is a Ibiza version, hmmm...

Only after 10 pints of Strongbow :doh

joebloggs
1st June 2007, 13:14
whats your new job badboyako :Erm: tourist guide :D

yeah cheeky lechon lover , whats up with manc land ? we've got the trafford centre, and errr , oh , theres ... oh, their building a ski slope near trafford centre, for those pinoys who've never seen snow.. nowt much else thou :yikes:

baboyako
1st June 2007, 20:16
Speaking of Newquay, anyone been there before? They said that place is a Ibiza version, hmmm..

I've only been there once, I got :66: smashed & threw up in the street :xxgrinning--00xx3: my mate got arrested for suspected drug dealing :beatnik2:& spent the rest of the night in the slammer :icon_lol:

whats ibiza like? :Erm:

joebloggs
2nd June 2007, 01:36
I've only been there once, I got :66: smashed & threw up in the street :xxgrinning--00xx3: my mate got arrested for suspected drug dealing :beatnik2:& spent the rest of the night in the slammer :icon_lol:

whats ibiza like? :Erm:

:yikes: hope you don't need to apply for any visa's badboyako, your going to need a extra sheet to put down your criminal record :D

:NoNo: badboyako leave to the scousers to make fools :Rasp: of themselfs, their experts at it :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Chrisirene
3rd June 2007, 12:22
Try visit Lake District... :D

andypaul
3rd June 2007, 14:43
One thing i would say is make sure you have a look round your local area.

My Wife and i stolled around the local area as much as we could when she came over and now takes phills and friends from other backgrounds some who have been here up to ten years (if phill) or all their lifes, around local parks, rivers, nature reserves which they never knew existed.

Now they all go for pinics and walks when the weathers fine like this all the time. Costs little, takes less time traveling and good for your carbon footprint:xxgrinning--00xx3: