PDA

View Full Version : "'Do you need help with packing your bags sir ?"

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 15:38
NOOOOOOOOO !!!

I am not a senile old cripple...though my appearance may suggest that...if you're 16. :angry:

Englishman2010
3rd December 2011, 15:45
:icon_lol: has someone offended you today Graham;)

TBH my local Asda ask every customer if they want help with their packing

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 16:01
Mate, I am at that touchy age when grumpiness lies in a very shallow place. :icon_lol:

If there wasn't likely to be a couple of miles of crap women drivers between me and Asda, instead of a mere half mile of them before Tesco, I'd probably shop there too.:rolleyes:

Doc Alan
3rd December 2011, 16:28
The employees are told to ask this, whether or not they can see you're able bodied and carrying your own bags.
I have a fit young female friend ( lucky me :) ) who works for Tescos, and she says it annoys her workmates intensely when she does some off duty shopping, they ask her if she needs help, and she says " yes ", then waits while they pack everything for her :icon_lol:.
On the same theme, I was amazed just how many filipinos / filipinas work in the Philippines shopping malls - I was told on less than minimum wage :yikes:. They pack your bags without asking, then staple them closed with the receipt outside so you can get past the armed guards when you leave the mall.

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 16:53
My abiding memory of my first trip to the Phils (Cebu City) and my first visit to a shop....all the tiny and beautiful assistants giggling, and vying for my attention. :hubbahubba:

I truly had arrived in 'paradise'. :D

scottishbride
3rd December 2011, 17:07
NOOOOOOOOO !!!

I am not a senile old cripple...though my appearance may suggest that...if you're 16. :angry:

Don't be so sensitive Graham ;), I have been asked several times by the cashier at Asda, Tesco & Morrissons too. So you're not the only one..

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 17:18
Yes, I know it's standard procedure.

I was joking, and I'm a miserable old :censored: at the best of times. :D

RickyR
3rd December 2011, 18:20
I always say yes, its nice having someone pack your bags.

imagine
3rd December 2011, 19:40
at least they didnt ask to hold your stick :icon_lol::icon_lol::olddude:

gWaPito
3rd December 2011, 19:49
Mate, I am at that touchy age when grumpiness lies in a very shallow place. :icon_lol:

If there wasn't likely to be a couple of miles of crap women drivers between me and Asda, instead of a mere half mile of them before Tesco, I'd probably shop there too.:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with the Tesco shopping experience :xxgrinning--00xx3: Not in Swindon anyway :)

We tried Asda and Sainsburys once a couple of months ago...we had to keep going back to Tesco to get what Asda and Sainsburys didn't stock :NoNo:

Hence, we are back full time shopping at Tesco :)

grahamw48
3rd December 2011, 19:55
Thanks for making my decision easier. :icon_lol:

South-east boy
6th December 2011, 11:57
Yeah, even I get asked too at Sainsburys! Wish they asked me at Lidl's though! What really winds me up there is that they don't have baskets and if you don't have a £, then you can't use a trolley or if you don't need to get a larger amount, then you don't need to use a trolley. But it's a pain using bags to put items in, on;y to have to take them all out when you pay, and then put them all back in again!:rolleyes: The other thing is that the area after they scan items is so short with hardly any room and they always scan everything as quick as they can , then there's a pile-up of items and you can't keep up with packing the bags, getting the next one & starting on that, then they sit there waiting for you, looking pee'd off! :cwm23:

grahamw48
6th December 2011, 12:50
I always pack my own, the way I want and at the speed I want.

Having been a life-long salesman I'm very calm and 'together' in public situations, so if they're not happy I don't give a :censored: :)