PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bristol

Eia
8th December 2011, 12:04
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum today. I've been living in Bristol since March this year. My family moved from Australia, where I was an immigrant, too.

I'm 33 yrs old, I have a British husband, and a cheeky 2 year old son. I used to be in PR & Marketing, freelance journalism, and the Manila music scene. Currently, I am studying to be a Nutrition Therapist.

I love reading, writing, the beach, audiobooks, coffee mornings, chocolate, old school R&B, alternative house, chill-out, and progressive music. If I could be re-born into anyone famous, I would be STING. And I truly regret that I wasn't living in England yet while Freddie Mercury was still alive and performing. He is truly truly awesome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am currently reading about the Cardiovascular System :yikes: for an exam this weekend. On the side, I have been reading "Crimson Petal and the White" by Michel Faber. My current ipod playlists include Kaskade, Jon Secada, Workshy, and Gary Valenciano. :Jump:

I think that's enough for an introduction. :D

It would be nice to meet like minded people in Bristol. I live in BS9 and sometimes visit the city centre and Cribbs Causeway. I have only ever met 2 Filipinos here, one on the street and one working at John Lewis. If anyone's interested in meeting up for coffee and a chat, do please let me know.

:Wave:
Eia

Blesslady
8th December 2011, 15:07
Hello!Eia,

Welcome to friendly and informative forum:)
i am just new like you and i am glad to hear your story.wow!you work so hard and like how would you manage your time?:)

like you, i wish to meet filipino's who lives in the same place.by the way i am still here in philippines. and while waiting for the right time to file my spouse application i wish to meet fellow pinoy's in exeter devon once i get there.and i wish to meet you in the future:) i know its still far but who know's one day.hehe!its always nice to have friends.

wow!i noticed also that you have lots of favorite.including our pride local singer gary v. its nice to know.:)

Arthur Little
8th December 2011, 15:21
:) Hi, Eia ... :thankyou: for such an interesting and enlightening introduction. I've been married to a Filipina from Davao del Norte' for 3 years - indeed, today is our anniversary!

It's such a pity WE live so far away from you in Bristol. :bigcry: But don't despair! I'm sure there ARE members from your locality. And, being part of this forum, is an IDEAL way to strike up lasting friendships ... even if they're only online to begin with.

Arthur Little
8th December 2011, 15:30
Therefore ... a warm :welcomex: to this friendly filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joancarillo
8th December 2011, 15:40
Hi Eia,

I am from bristol as well near in the city center if you want to meet up just let me know!

Thanks!

JoanC :Wave:

grahamw48
8th December 2011, 16:54
Result ! :D

Terpe
8th December 2011, 17:37
Hi there Eia, welcome to the forum.

Hope you can add Martin Nievera to your fave list :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
8th December 2011, 18:03
Hi Eia,

I am from bristol as well near in the city center if you want to meet up just let me know!

Thanks!

JoanC :Wave:

Result ! :D

:iagree: ... looks like Eia's ALREADY "struck lucky"! :)

Doc Alan
8th December 2011, 20:18
Welcome to the forum, Eia :xxgrinning--00xx3: Palarin ka sana with your cardiovascular system exam :)

sweetnote143
9th December 2011, 01:53
welcome to the forum, Eia :Wave:

rani
9th December 2011, 06:28
:) Hi, Eia ... :thankyou: for such an interesting and enlightening introduction. I've been married to a Filipina from Davao del Norte' for 3 years - indeed, today is our anniversary!

:anni-vi::anni-vi:

joancarillo
11th December 2011, 21:34
Hi Eia,

Let me know if you want to meet up, email me your number joancarillo@gmail.com.

JoanC:Wave:

stevewool
11th December 2011, 21:39
welcome:)

sars_notd_virus
12th December 2011, 12:04
Welcome to the forum Eia...am not far away to bristol,...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

...been there a couple of weeks ago(Cabot Circus) via train ..hoping to be back January for more sale , will PM you by then so we can meet @ Nandos :)

Eia
27th January 2012, 23:32
Hello everyone! Thanks for your replies. I hope you've all had wonderful Christmas holidays, anniversaries and birthdays:Wave:, an even more fabulous start of the year, and continuing luck with the start of the Chinese New Year! :) Apologies for the very late reply. I'm very bad at keeping up with forums. The computer stays online far longer than me.

Thanks, Joan for giving me your email address. Let's meet up. :D

My cardiovascular exam did NOT go very well. Passing rate was 80% and I missed it by 2. So now I am studying to retake it, along with a midterm exam coming up for the last 5 months' lectures. Oh what fun. So will probably come back here around March. :Hellooo:

Eia
30th January 2012, 17:45
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the warm replies! Yes, RESULT!!! Thank you for your email addy, Joan C! I think I sent you an email the other day. I'll be happy to have online friends, but friends that I can have a cuppa with would even be better! :D

I hope you have all had a wonderful start of the year, and enjoy the upcoming capitalist Valentine celebrations. Any reason to have a nice meal. :)

Oh, and sorry I'm replying so late to this thread. I thought I replied the other day, but didn't see it here. So maybe it didn't go through. I am pretty bad at keeping up with forums. Re the cardiovascular exam, I flunked it. Passing score was 80%. Test score was down by 2.

To the moderator: I'm sure you had a lovely anniversary, Mr. Little! :) Have you been to Davao? I haven't, but my relatives say it's really lovely.

Eia