PDA

View Full Version : Deportees to be allowed back and paid £40k Compo

Dedworth
9th December 2011, 23:25
No it's not an April fool but 2011 UK lunatic judiciary

A family of asylum seekers deported from the UK must be allowed back and paid nearly £40,000 in compensation, the High Court has ruled, even though they may then be ordered out again.

The five Sri Lankans, who are now living in Germany, were deported in 2006, but a judge ruled they were unlawfully detained in the process and gave them leave to return, if they so wished.

He also ruled that the Home Office pay the husband, his mentally-ill wife and their son and two daughters a total of some £37,000 in compensation for the violation of their rights.

Mr Justice Cranston, sitting in London, awarded the basic and aggravated damages after a QC for the family described their treatment as 'a moral outrage'.

The judgement was made even though it was accepted that it was uncertain whether the family would be given permission to remain in the UK when they were returned.

Nevertheless, lawyers for the family said today the ruling was 'a tremendous relief' to the family, and that they would be returning to the UK - 'which is something they have been longing for for nearly six years'.

Manjit Gill QC, representing the family in court, described how they were taken from their beds and flown out of the country after being denied access to legal advice.

The QC said the family, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, had their north London home raided at about 2am on January 10, 2006 by immigration and police officers.

A few hours after being detained, they were put on a 7.50am flight to Germany, the EU country they stopped in before coming to the UK.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2071933/Deported-family-allowed-paid-nearly-40-000-compensation--ordered-again.html#ixzz1g4xHAECB

Doesn't it make you want to throw up ? :angry:

hawk
10th December 2011, 08:45
wish they would give me £40.000 then deport me to philippines i then marry marites and have money to come back lol uk gone nuts :crazy: