PDA

View Full Version : When is the last post?

andy222
15th December 2011, 17:39
Hi all. When is the last post date for sending something to the phils for christmas?

Dedworth
15th December 2011, 17:50
:yikes: I think Air Mail about 2 weeks ago, slow boat September

andy222
15th December 2011, 18:01
your joking ded?:laugher:

Dedworth
15th December 2011, 18:05
your joking ded?:laugher:

Nope I'm assuming it's the same "recommended" dates as Oz/NZ which is always first few days of Dec - this lot will DHL it for about 40 quid http://www.parcelsplease.co.uk/

Terpe
15th December 2011, 18:34
I think you'd be very surprised Andy if you looked here (http://www.royalmail.com/greetings)

As Dedworth suggests something like DHL is your only possibility. Even using that service you'd need to get a wiggle on.

grahamw48
15th December 2011, 23:29
In pre-internet days it took at least 2 weeks for a letter to reach the Phils, and that was without the Xmas rush.

Anything enclosed with the letter would be extracted en route at the Phils end. :rolleyes:

Dedworth
15th December 2011, 23:38
Anything enclosed with the letter would be extracted en route at the Phils end. :rolleyes:

That's now taken care of in the UK by asylum seekers, illegals etc employed by the Royal Mail

grahamw48
16th December 2011, 01:48
I was going to add that at the end....but knew you'd come up trumps. hahaha. :icon_lol:

stevewool
16th December 2011, 08:11
depends on what you are sending,if its only small and light, maybe i could help you out by taking it myself, just a thought

jimcarie
16th December 2011, 11:49
depends on what you are sending,if its only small and light, maybe i could help you out by taking it myself, just a thought

banged up abroad springs to mind .:yikes:

lastlid
16th December 2011, 11:53
banged up abroad springs to mind .:icon_lol:

andy222
16th December 2011, 21:19

Thanks lads and thanks to you Steve. Great offer mate but you and your good lady enjoy your vacation.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
16th December 2011, 21:22
Sorted now lads I will just send her the money for her pressie. Maybe it will be better if I can get her over here next year.

stevewool
16th December 2011, 21:37

now now lads would you do i thing like that :yikes:

andy222
16th December 2011, 21:55
:laugher::laugher::laugher:, Superb.

Terpe
16th December 2011, 22:54

Great response Jim :xxgrinning--00xx3:
So funny :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
17th December 2011, 18:22
So ... WHEN IS THE LAST POST? :rolleyes:

Depends, I suppose ... :anerikke: ... on the context in which it's being taken ... e.g. ... whether in the "MAILBAG(S) - via the man in the wee red van" - or ... MILITARILY.

Militarily, of course, it is commonly played (usually on a bugle) whenever a country's 'National Standard' :engflag: is being lowered from a flagpole during late evening.

Festively ... I seldom have any :idea: ... and rarely bother finding out - UNTIL THE LAST MOMENT - although an element of "play" comes into this too ... in that ... I believe we're being "played along" - both pricewise and timewise - by Royal Mail & the Postal Authorities. :doh