PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - Salford UK's Counterfeit Capital

Dedworth
19th December 2011, 19:10
Radio 5 live Investigates has found Manchester and Salford to be the biggest counterfeiting cities in the UK.

According to Trading Standards, a series of rolling raids in the rag-trade area of Manchester over seven days uncovered £2m worth of counterfeit items, such as designer clothing.

Gavin Terry, lead officer for Intellectual Property for the Trading Standards Institute, took part on a raid in Cheetham Hill, which is seen as an assembly and distribution hub for the fake goods trade throughout the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16249834

No surprise there's a football club up there run by some American trailer park owning pikeys :laugher:

les_taxi
19th December 2011, 19:31
Radio 5 live Investigates has found Manchester and Salford to be the biggest counterfeiting cities in the UK.

According to Trading Standards, a series of rolling raids in the rag-trade area of Manchester over seven days uncovered £2m worth of counterfeit items, such as designer clothing.

Gavin Terry, lead officer for Intellectual Property for the Trading Standards Institute, took part on a raid in Cheetham Hill, which is seen as an assembly and distribution hub for the fake goods trade throughout the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16249834

No surprise there's a football club up there run by some American trailer park owning pikeys :laugher:

Yes they can knock up a copy of the Champions League trophy for you to display at Chelsea as it's the only way you will ever have one:laugher:

Englishman2010
19th December 2011, 19:57

I believe one of the most expensive fakes in the UK can be found near The King's Road in London, there's a young Spaniard claiming to be a striker:laugher:

tone
19th December 2011, 20:01
I believe one of the most expensive fakes in the UK can be found near The King's Road in London, there's a young Spaniard claiming to be a striker:laugher:

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Dedworth
19th December 2011, 20:06
:D I suppose I asked for that but I got the first shot off.

I'll see if that programmes on a podcast though sounds interesting

joebloggs
20th December 2011, 08:02
:icon_lol: thats old news dedworth, i think most mancs know where to buy fake stuff from if your into being a advertising board, sorry into 'designer label' stuff :rolleyes:

ynwa
20th December 2011, 11:25
i can see old trafford at the end of our street :D

lastlid
20th December 2011, 11:29
WOW you must live even closer than my ex wife does. Also I used to live on Sevenways roundabout (not actually on the roundabout itself you understand) which was within audible distance of the ground and sniffing distance of Kelloggs and Barton sewers......

jimcarie
20th December 2011, 11:30
its a whole new world in cheetham hill you should visit dedworth, great bargains to be had

Dedworth
20th December 2011, 11:43
i can see old trafford at the end of our street :D

A terrible burden to bear :D

lastlid
20th December 2011, 11:53
its a whole new world in cheetham hill you should visit dedworth, great bargains to be had

Its a few years since I was there last, but hasnt all of that been cleared out....presumably not. Hasnt the brewery been knocked down too?

jimcarie
20th December 2011, 15:10
Its a few years since I was there last, but hasnt all of that been cleared out....presumably not. Hasnt the brewery been knocked down too?

the boddies house is still there, and the side streets off cheethamhill road are still busy selling designer lables at working mens prices :xxgrinning--00xx3: