PDA

View Full Version : anti turkey:)

Moy
21st December 2011, 22:49
i dislike turkey from the start and am thinking for alternative roast dinner for x mas:rolleyes::D

any ideas:D

grahamw48
21st December 2011, 22:53
I'll be having baked beans on toast....just for the hell of it. :D

Moy
21st December 2011, 22:55

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp:

Tawi2
22nd December 2011, 09:55
Venison,pheasant or guinea-fowl :)

Tawi2
22nd December 2011, 09:57
OR...........failing that I will be at Hampton court later,I can grab you a mute-swan from the Thames,good enough for the queen and eastern-europeans then its good enough for us right?:icon_lol:

Terpe
22nd December 2011, 10:57
i dislike turkey from the start and am thinking for alternative roast dinner for x mas:rolleyes::D

any ideas:D

I'm with you on that Moy, I don't care for turkey neither does my wife.

If you want to stick with tradition why not just go for a nice fresh cockerel instead. You may still find one at your local butcher.

We always have cockerel every Christmas.
Hmmmm, tasty and tender.

You'll probably not get Faverolles (the best breed imo) at such short notice. But anything you get will be so much better than turkey.

Faverolles cockerel

http://www.beanwoodfaverolles.com/photos/young%20cockerel.jpg

KeithD
22nd December 2011, 11:15
I eat turkey throughout the year :D ..... when I want a change from chicken :Erm:

lordna
22nd December 2011, 11:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeEZ3pCG4Rk&feature=related

grahamw48
22nd December 2011, 11:20
How can one take a poor innocent birdie's life at Xmas ? :bigcry:

lastlid
22nd December 2011, 11:25
If my wife has her way it will be Pork Adobo or similar.....:icon_lol:

Tawi2
22nd December 2011, 11:29
Chicken-takeaway pinoy style,I think this was sunday afternoon following a sabong session :Erm:

RickyR
22nd December 2011, 13:06
BBQ On the beach vs Turkey hmmmm

Englishman2010
22nd December 2011, 13:20
I'm undecided, I've got a choice of two options in my freezer - Chinese style crispy duck (without the pancakes) or a 4 bird roast (Turkey, Chicken, Duck and Goose). I did have an option on a pheasant too, but I forgot to pick it up from my colleagues house when I dropped him off yesterday.

Tawi2
22nd December 2011, 13:30
I will be eating my christmas dinner somewhere hot and recovering from jet-lag :heartshape1::heartshape1: What about a genetically modified 8-legged chernobyle ostrich Moy?Comes pre-microwaved,self-plucked and you wont have to fight for the drumsticks because theres enough for everyone :icon_lol:

Moy
22nd December 2011, 17:41
mute-swan from the Thames

:Rasp::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd December 2011, 17:42
I will be eating my christmas dinner somewhere hot and recovering from jet-lag :heartshape1::heartshape1: What about a genetically modified 8-legged chernobyle ostrich Moy?Comes pre-microwaved,self-plucked and you wont have to fight for the drumsticks because theres enough for everyone :icon_lol:

well i actually having Saffron Rice with Chorizo and Peas terpe:D:heartshape1: i could make some if you want:Rasp::D

imagine
22nd December 2011, 19:44

scrooge :olddude::laugher:

imagine
22nd December 2011, 19:49
plenty road kills about :icon_lol:

Terpe
22nd December 2011, 19:52

In all seriousness, I actually do love a nice baked beans on toast.
Topped off with a nice runny egg :hubbahubba:

Carina like it too.

imagine
22nd December 2011, 19:55
In all seriousness, I actually do love a nice baked beans on toast.
Topped off with a nice runny egg :hubbahubba:

Carina like it too.

a gollop of tomato sauce on that for me ,,, eggactly perfect :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
22nd December 2011, 21:10
plenty road kills about :icon_lol:

Pheasant ? :Erm:

Needs to be fresh though. :)

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3565/roadkill3457859.jpg

imagine
22nd December 2011, 21:40
plenty Pheasant here, i get them wander into my back garden at times ,,,,, (fools ) lol.

the occasional road kill veneson, quite fresh , it never lays on the road long lol,

think we leave the hedge hog for the gipo's ,:icon_lol: though im not opposed to eating hedge hog

Tawi2
22nd December 2011, 21:59
plenty Pheasant here, i get them wander into my back garden at times
If they wandered in my garden they wouldnt leave ;)I really like pheasant,I used to live on it as a kid,my dad used to send me out with his .410 and a pocket of cartridges once the leaves were off the trees and they could be seen silhoutted against the sky when roosting :icon_lol:

imagine
22nd December 2011, 23:08
If they wandered in my garden they wouldnt leave ;)I really like pheasant,I used to live on it as a kid,my dad used to send me out with his .410 and a pocket of cartridges once the leaves were off the trees and they could be seen silhoutted against the sky when roosting :icon_lol:

those lead pellets play havock on your teeth :icon_lol:

Terpe
22nd December 2011, 23:55
This is really true. I opened my front door yesterday morning to find a pheasant sitting on the doorstep.
I had to shoo it away before it would move :icon_lol::icon_lol:.

When I was a kid we had plenty of pheasant and also rabbit.
Can't stand to eat that now.