PDA

View Full Version : Visa - unemployed

chino
21st December 2011, 23:55
Evening all..

Firstly i think i have a strong case for my fiancée coming over to the UK as i have known her from 2007 and have proof of me visiting her (pics and visa stamps) and speaking to her nearly every day(phone logs), plus she will have trips to Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and India before i apply for the visa...

Anyway onto my question...

I am technically unemployed, though i have a good income (from rental properties) and good savings - is this an issue as i have seen visa's been processed in days...?

Thanks..

imagine
22nd December 2011, 00:08
im no expert but rental income is an income as far as inland revenue is concerned, you are a landlord so therefore your self employed, so i would think what matters is the amount of disposable income as in the same way as being employed, assuming of course your renting propertys leagaly , you do your tax returns for the same, and have the required proof

Bluebirdjones
22nd December 2011, 11:24
I'm assuming that you have rental/lease contracts in place & you pay tax ? .... hence you have a "record" of income received.

You're basically a sole-trader, a self-employed person, so you must address the application form from that angle.

joebloggs
22nd December 2011, 12:10
If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) does not work, then the employment contract and P60 can be substituted with certified copies of the previous two years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his business accounts.

If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is retired, then the employment contract and P60 can be substituted with a statement from his pension scheme.

chino
22nd December 2011, 12:27
Thanks all!

Looks like it will not be an issue :D

Sim11UK
23rd December 2011, 00:01
If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) does not work, then the employment contract and P60 can be substituted with certified copies of the previous two years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his business accounts.

Well we didn't have these, to be able to submit them. We did have a lot of cheques, coming in and photocopied them and included them with the application. We explained the situation in detail.

You shouldn't have a problem chino. :)