PDA

View Full Version : Marriage License

bigmarco
22nd December 2011, 01:20
Hi Guys
Anyone got any idea how long it takes to get the marriage certificate from NSO.
We got married at the start of October and my wife has just passed her IELTS exam. I am just in the process of getting all my documentation together for The Spousal Visa application but there appears to be a delay in getting the certificate from the NSO.
Has anyone got any idea how long it takes.
I would of course welcome any other pointers from our resident experts on do's and dont's when submitting our visa application.
Thanks in advance
Mark

Marie
22nd December 2011, 04:08
Hello bigmarco...try to ask the local registry office first if they have already transferred your papers to the NSO...in my personal experienced after a week of the wedding I told them that I will be the one who will send it to the NSO because if you let them do it .. will take 45 days to 2 mos......as far as NSO is concerned it will take you just 2 hrs. upon submission of the filled up forms........if your marriage cert is already in their posession from the local registry office......hope this will help you....God Bless

RickyR
22nd December 2011, 06:45
Yeah agree with Maria. You can forward it yourself from the Registry Office to the NSO Manila, and e-mail the NSO with the tracking number, it then takes 1 week.

bigmarco
22nd December 2011, 19:44
Thanks Guys. Everything seems to take ages over there just anxious to get the paperwork sorted, get the application in and please god my wife over here.