PDA

View Full Version : Confused..

yanghwa
25th December 2011, 13:42
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas.... Which English test must i take, A1 or IELTS? Any possible help is appreciated....thanks

joebloggs
25th December 2011, 14:36
which ever you prefer, you can take either, but the A1 test must be by an approved test provider

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/275292/46-english-test-partners

yanghwa
25th December 2011, 15:07
which ever you prefer, you can take either, but the A1 test must be by an approved test provider

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/275292/46-english-test-partners

Hi joebloggs, thank you very much that most helpful....

toging
25th December 2011, 16:11
if im not mistaken A1 is the level that u need to pass,no matter where you will be taking it (IELTS or TOIEC)as long it is an approved test center by the UKBA......good luck!

Terpe
25th December 2011, 16:42
if im not mistaken A1 is the level that u need to pass,no matter where you will be taking it (IELTS or TOIEC)as long it is an approved test center by the UKBA......good luck!

This is correct.
There is no test called the A1 test.
A1 is the level which must be passed in order to satisfy UKBA.

I would suggest to review the UKBA approved listing and find an approved test centre and provider near to where you live.
Might be a good idea to request information on how long it takes to process the pass certificate. Some members have had to wait a long time.

There's plenty of threads/posts on this subject if you do a quick search.

Good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yanghwa
25th December 2011, 21:31
This is correct.
There is no test called the A1 test.
A1 is the level which must be passed in order to satisfy UKBA.

I would suggest to review the UKBA approved listing and find an approved test centre and provider near to where you live.
Might be a good idea to request information on how long it takes to process the pass certificate. Some members have had to wait a long time.

There's plenty of threads/posts on this subject if you do a quick search.

Good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi terpe and Toging, thank u for the reply it will be most helpful.

Terpe
25th December 2011, 23:54
Hi terpe and Toging, thank u for the reply it will be most helpful.

I forgot to mention that it's better to choose a test that actually does get graded at A1.
UKBA have some very odd rules and regulations.

I'm sure you'll be OK as A1 level is not so tricky.:xxgrinning--00xx3: