PDA

View Full Version : another spouse visa or ilr?

Lime
1st January 2012, 18:08
happy new year everyone!

here again to ask some questions about my visa. ive been living here in the uk for more than 18 months now. ive only got 7 days left on my allowed holiday on my visa which is gunna expire in july this year. i need to go back to philippines in april to sort some family matters out, coz of that i wont be able to finish my spouse visa period. we're just wondering, what about i decided to come over again sometime after my visa expires, do i need to apply for another spousal visa since i didnt get to stay here for 2 years or am i still gunna be eligible for ilr? any advice will be much appreciated. thanks! once again happy new year! :)

joebloggs
1st January 2012, 19:08
ive only got 7 days left on my allowed holiday on my visa which is gunna expire in july this year.

:Erm: what allowed holiday on your visa ?

how long are you going to the phils for in April ?
if you let your visa expire , you'll have to go thru all the process again,,
if you can give us more details of when you got your visa, how many days you've been out of the uk, but if you not eligible to apply for ILR , might be possible to apply for FLR which might be granted for upto 2yrs.

Lime
1st January 2012, 19:42
pardon i said it wrong. they issued me my visa in april 2010 but i came over here in june 2010 and i had 3 weeks holiday in phils last year, so to get the 2 year required stay in uk to get ilr, if im going out the country again, i should come back in 7 days. when i go in april i wil be stayin in philippines for quite a bit, i dont think il be back in july before my visa expires. :NoNo:. so going through all the process again???:doh:rolleyes:

Terpe
1st January 2012, 19:50
Lime, have you already passed your Life in UK test?
How long MUST you stay in Phils?
Being granted ILR will have a major positive impact in many ways, it would be a real shame to let the opportunity pass by.

Perhaps you have some chance to prioritise and at least apply for ILR.
Maybe even consider applying by personal appearance 28 days before the end of your 24 months qualifying period. It does cost quite a bit more, but if your application is straightforward the decision would be made on that same day.

Food for thought.

joebloggs
1st January 2012, 20:02
pardon i said it wrong. they issued me my visa in april 2010 but i came over here in june 2010 and i had 3 weeks holiday in phils last year, so to get the 2 year required stay in uk to get ilr, if im going out the country again, i should come back in 7 days. when i go in april i wil be stayin in philippines for quite a bit, i dont think il be back in july before my visa expires. :NoNo:. so going through all the process again???:doh:rolleyes:

you should have a 27 month visa (which is right if you were issued it in April and it expires in July 2012)

you can apply for ILR upto 28days before you've been in the UK 2yrs, post the exact dates you came to the uk and the date your visa expires, and we can give you more help

Lime
1st January 2012, 20:38
they issued me the visa 21st of april 2010, came over here on 24th of june 2010 and my visa will expire on 21st of july this year, had a 3 week vacation in philippines. im going in april and will be staying in philippines for quite a bit, so i wont be how to apply for my ilr in june some time.:NoNo:

joebloggs
1st January 2012, 20:51
24th June 2012 - 28 days is 27th may - a Sunday thou, so say 28th may is the earliest you could apply for ILR, the latest a few days before you visa expires , say 18th July 2012

if your going in April and you don't think you'll be back b4 18th July then i think you should apply for FLR (m) b4 you go, i would need to check, but i'm sure you could apply for FLr say in jan, so even if they take 3 months to process it you should have it b4 april.. if you've not done the life in uk test, good reason to ask for flr is that you couldn't pass the test in time.

Terpe
1st January 2012, 20:55
they issued me the visa 21st of april 2010, came over here on 24th of june 2010 and my visa will expire on 21st of july this year, had a 3 week vacation in philippines. im going in april and will be staying in philippines for quite a bit, so i wont be how to apply for my ilr in june some time.:NoNo:

Means you can apply for ILR on 28 May 2012

If by personal appearance the decision will be done on the same day.

If you are unable to re-prioritise your April May schedules, then you will have no choice anyway.
It's entirely up to you what you decide to do at the end.

Have you seriously considered the implications of your spouse visa expiring whilst you are in the Philippines?

Have you seriously understood the high probability of proposed changes to settlement visa applications?

If not I strongly suggest you do so as you could be facing a very difficult position regarding UK entry.

Please read here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/33616-Proposed-changes-to-UK-family-immigration

Just trying to help you understand all the probabilities in your personal prioritisation.