PDA

View Full Version : kakanin ala pinoy:)

Moy
1st January 2012, 20:07
http://images.liveinthephilippines.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/puto.jpg

http://casaveneracion.com/cooking/wp-content/pinoycook/wp-content/putobumbong.JPG

:D:Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
1st January 2012, 20:23
happy new year Ross :xxparty-smiley-050:, still thinking about pinoy food :rolleyes:

Moy
1st January 2012, 20:46
happy new year Ross :xxparty-smiley-050:, still thinking about pinoy food :rolleyes:

hiya boss joey i mean joe:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: its new year and i more crave of the pinoy foods as usual..:hubbahubba::yikes::icon_lol: apologize:cwm24::D:doh:D
you are still:Rasp: my fav:cwm24::laugher::action-smiley-081: critics here though:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:
wish you all the best and to your family..happy 2012:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

joebloggs
1st January 2012, 20:56
thanks ross,
maybe you should open your own little pinoy cafe :rolleyes:
or are you a eater only ( like my misses :D) or can you cook :rolleyes:

Moy
1st January 2012, 21:01
[QUOTE] are you a eater only ( like my misses ) or can you cook

sadly i am a frustrated cook:doh:rolleyes::D joe:yikes::D
i do enjoy eating of course:cwm24: but it should pass according to my taste buds:Rasp::icon_lol::Cuckoo:

joebloggs
1st January 2012, 21:08
:icon_lol: same as my misses then :D, what little she does cook, she always manages to burn it :cwm24:

the misses rice cooker has just died :cwm24:, looks like burn rice from now on :icon_lol:

Moy
1st January 2012, 21:32
:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Moy
1st January 2012, 22:00
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AJMUfpqcOkQ/TnV37qSJ2VI/AAAAAAAAADw/3Esy67KpqXo/s1600/kinilaw_na_isda_recipe.jpg

imagine
1st January 2012, 22:28
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AJMUfpqcOkQ/TnV37qSJ2VI/AAAAAAAAADw/3Esy67KpqXo/s1600/kinilaw_na_isda_recipe.jpg

if thats chicken i hope its to be cooked :icon_lol:

Moy
1st January 2012, 22:46
Kinilaw na isda is considered a main dish so it is best eaten with warm steamed rice. This recipe is also great if you’re on a beach vacation. Beer drinkers here in the Philippines also love to eat kilawing isda while they drink beer.

you should live and spend sometime in the philippines for you to understand the concept of this food imagine:rolleyes::omg::D

Kinilaw na isda is considered a main dish so it is best eaten with warm steamed rice. This recipe is also great if you’re on a beach vacation. Beer drinkers here in the Philippines also love to eat kilawing isda while they drink beer.

½ kilo fish (sliced in cubes and preferrably tuna)
200 mL vinegar
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 small red onion (chopped)
2 thumb-sized ginger (chopped)
1 cucumber (sliced and seeds removed)
10 pcs red bird’s eye chilis (chopped)
Salt

Procedure:

1) Marinate the fish with lemon juice for 10 minutes.
2) Pour the vinegar on a bowl and add the chopped onions, ginger, and chilis. You may add more or less chilis.
3) Pour the vinegar on the fish.
4) Add salt to taste.
5) Add the cucumber then mix.
6) Refrigerate the kinilaw for 30 minutes.

Serve cold!

Cooking Tips:
1) Use only fresh meat as meat will be cooked with the absence of heat.
2) You may also add mayonnaise to improve taste.:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
1st January 2012, 23:14
moy,,, you make food sound so appetising :hubbahubba:

im sure philippine cuisine would do me a world of good,

i would easily swop my boreing home alone cant be bothered diet for the above:hubbahubba::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

daff 'O dill
19th January 2012, 15:37
hai! kakagutom!

:Cuckoo: I could'nt cook such good pinoy food now as hubby is complaining about his big tummy :NoNo: even the fridge should be empty and we can only eat a tiny piece of sandwich in a cafe :omg:

lastlid
19th January 2012, 15:41
There's a battle of wills going on in our household just now. I just need to steer my wife clear of fried foods. She loves her pinoy food fried.

We have both put on weight since she arrived 4 months ago :icon_lol: and now she is coming round to my way of thinking.

daff 'O dill
19th January 2012, 16:32
There's a battle of wills going on in our household just now. I just need to steer my wife clear of fried foods. She loves her pinoy food fried.

We have both put on weight since she arrived 4 months ago :icon_lol: and now she is coming round to my way of thinking.

:icon_lol:today steer clear of fried foods, tomorrow sweet foods and all other kind of pinoy foods, until we adapt english culture - eating bland foods :Rasp::icon_lol:

lastlid
19th January 2012, 16:46
:icon_lol:today steer clear of fried foods, tomorrow sweet foods and all other kind of pinoy foods, until we adapt english culture - eating bland foods :Rasp::icon_lol:

Now thats not true. English food can be and is very tasty if its done the right way. It is perfectly possible to eat healthily without sacrificing taste. It doesnt have to have either sugar or fat in it to make it tasty.

daff 'O dill
19th January 2012, 17:06
Now thats not true. English food can be and is very tasty if its done the right way. It is perfectly possible to eat healthily without sacrificing taste. It doesnt have to have either sugar or fat in it to make it tasty.

Absolutely! eat healthily is possible.:D mind you :xxgrinning--00xx3:I I love English ham, fish and chips and English breakfast :D:Rasp:with yummy bacon on it!!! makes me hungry:NoNo:

lastlid
19th January 2012, 17:28
Absolutely! eat healthily is possible.:D mind you :xxgrinning--00xx3:I I love English ham, fish and chips and English breakfast :D:Rasp:with yummy bacon on it!!! makes me hungry:NoNo:

Yummy bacon....the Swedes have just reported that bacon amongst other processed meats has a strong link with cancer....:omg:

daff 'O dill
19th January 2012, 17:56
Yummy bacon....the Swedes have just reported that bacon amongst other processed meats has a strong link with cancer....:omg:

:omg:Really!! why do English add them then on their special English Breakfast :bigcry::bigcry:

lastlid
19th January 2012, 18:07
Good question. But we all love bacon :icon_lol:

Moy
19th January 2012, 18:33
i dont:yikes::Rasp::D i love salted egg with fresh tomatoes instead:doh:yikes::icon_lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n6VqTWFHFNg/TFKLgW1peCI/AAAAAAAAB5c/rt4wSIgdBhY/s1600/salted+egg.jpg

sarapppppppppppp:hubbahubba::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th January 2012, 18:44
i like my favourite best of all, and its not english food, indian, chicken madras hot and spicy with rice, chapatties or pita bread, yum yum and its heating up now for supper :hubbahubba:

daff 'O dill
20th January 2012, 03:40
:tea_cup5: So many yummy foods!! hard to resist eating:doh

lastlid
20th January 2012, 08:40
i love salted egg with fresh tomatoes instead

OMG Not extra salt!! My wife eats too much salt. Salted mango etc etc. She likes salted salt.
BTW, she also uses Magic Sarap....I need to check the ingredients in that....:D

Maria B
20th January 2012, 18:43
http://images.liveinthephilippines.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/puto.jpg

http://casaveneracion.com/cooking/wp-content/pinoycook/wp-content/putobumbong.JPG

:D:Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:
:hubbahubba:yummylicious:Cuckoo:

Maria B
20th January 2012, 18:45
i dont:yikes::Rasp::D i love salted egg with fresh tomatoes instead:doh:yikes::icon_lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n6VqTWFHFNg/TFKLgW1peCI/AAAAAAAAB5c/rt4wSIgdBhY/s1600/salted+egg.jpg

sarapppppppppppp:hubbahubba::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:hubbahubba:itlog maalat :Cuckoo: luv it

Maria B
20th January 2012, 18:47

deliciouso...especially w/ cocomilk....bolinao is also yummy

Terpe
20th January 2012, 18:48
OMG Not extra salt!! My wife eats too much salt. Salted mango etc etc. She likes salted salt.
BTW, she also uses Magic Sarap....I need to check the ingredients in that....:D

Wait until strawberry season. She'll dip them strawberries in salt :yikes:

lastlid
20th January 2012, 19:13
Wait until strawberry season. She'll dip them strawberries in salt :yikes:
Or ketchup .....:icon_lol:

stevie c
20th January 2012, 19:18
i like my favourite best of all, and its not english food, indian, chicken madras hot and spicy with rice, chapatties or pita bread, yum yum and its heating up now for supper :hubbahubba:

Has to be anything mexican for me :hubbahubba:

daff 'O dill
20th January 2012, 20:11
Or ketchup .....:icon_lol:

:icon_lol: how bout apples in salt :icon_lol:

juvyjones28
21st January 2012, 04:57
:hubbahubba: Those kakanin looks delicious. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here is the kakanin ala pinoy I love to make.:D

Maja Blanca & Biko

lastlid
21st January 2012, 20:02

Yuk :icon_lol:

stevie c
21st January 2012, 20:05

:omg::NoNo:

daff 'O dill
31st January 2012, 13:41
:omg::NoNo:

:icon_lol:try it Stevie :xxgrinning--00xx3::laugher:

daff 'O dill
31st January 2012, 13:42
Yuk :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:you don't know what you're missing :laugher:

lastlid
31st January 2012, 15:38
:icon_lol:you don't know what you're missing :laugher:

I certainly do. I actively avoid copious quantities of salt and avoid adding it to food, with the exception of good old fish and chips, but not in large quantities......:icon_lol:

Apples, the right ones, have enough flavour of their own without ruining it with salt.....

Terpe
31st January 2012, 15:47
The only thing I ever dip in salt is the rim of my glass for a margarita :D
:hubbahubba:

lastlid
31st January 2012, 15:49
The only thing I ever dip in salt is the rim of my glass for a margarita :D
:hubbahubba:

Thank god it is the just the rim of your glass, Terpe.....:icon_lol:

Terpe
31st January 2012, 20:35
Thank god it is the just the rim of your glass, Terpe.....:icon_lol:

Tell you what lastlid, I do have a true story about me cooking with hot chillies that ends with me sitting in a bath of cold water in some considerable pain :bigcry::bigcry:

I'm sure you get my drift :rolleyes: