PDA

View Full Version : Ilr time..

Takenoprisoners
13th January 2012, 10:47
Can you experts please tell me when you apply for ILR.. is it 2YRS from the arrival date in the UK... or is it 2YRS from the date your visa expires !!!!!!

Think its 2yrs from arrival in UK but not 100% sure.....

thanks for your replies....:doh

Terpe
13th January 2012, 10:57
Can you experts please tell me when you apply for ILR.. is it 2YRS from the arrival date in the UK... or is it 2YRS from the date your visa expires !!!!!!

Think its 2yrs from arrival in UK but not 100% sure.....

thanks for your replies....:doh

The qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK
The earliest you may apply for ILR is 28days before the end of the 24 months qualifying period.

Before applying you will need to have a pass certificate for Life in UK test. I suggest studying this and taking the test as soon as you can. You can actually take this test as many times as is needed, but you must pass before applying for ILR.

:)

Bluebirdjones
13th January 2012, 14:25
If you arrived via the fiancee visa route, its the date specified on your biometrics card.

Moy
13th January 2012, 14:59
The qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK
The earliest you may apply for ILR is 28days before the end of the 24 months qualifying period.
taLking about ILR :D HELLO MY FRIEND TERPE :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D
my visa (SPOUSE VISA) stamp by (UK) immigration :rolleyes: the 20th of May 2010 :rolleyes:
WHEN is the exact time that i should apply :) any advice

Arthur Little
13th January 2012, 16:49
my visa (SPOUSE VISA) stamp by (UK) immigration :rolleyes: the 20th of May 2010 :rolleyes:

:sorry-2: ... it's not Terpe, Ross ... will I do instead ? :D

Anytime between Monday, April 23 this year, and the date your Spousal Visa expires. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Takenoprisoners
13th January 2012, 16:52
ok thanks 2yrs from arrival date in uk thats what i thought.....(already passed the life in uk test last year)

Moy
13th January 2012, 19:23
... it's not Terpe, Ross ... will I do instead ?

Anytime between Monday, April 23 this year, and the date your Spousal Visa expires.

am sorry too :D my spouse visa expire on 29th of June 2012:rolleyes:

thanks for the prompt reply arthur:)

Takenoprisoners
14th January 2012, 11:35
Can anyone tell me ........ on the ILR form there is a section on benefits, we are claiming housing benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit and council tax credit.... does that affect the ILR???? We told the relevant government departments that we have no recourse to public funds. but they say its a partner thing so these are claimed on the husband... anyone know about this situation??????

Terpe
14th January 2012, 11:57
Can anyone tell me ........ on the ILR form there is a section on benefits, we are claiming housing benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit and council tax credit.... does that affect the ILR???? We told the relevant government departments that we have no recourse to public funds. but they say its a partner thing so these are claimed on the husband... anyone know about this situation??????

As long as it's ONLY claimed in the name of the eligible spouse, then it's OK.

I strongly advise you to double-check the housing benefit and council tax benefit just to be sure it's only calculated for the eligible spouse.

Please review the booklet No Recourse To Public Funds (http://www.readingcab.org.uk/Files%20for%20immigration/no_recourse_to_public_funds.pdf)

Also see this leaflet called Child Benefit -Getting your claim right (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/ch2-2007-notes.pdf)

When claiming any Tax Credit your UK citizen spouse/civil partner should tick the box for himself as the claimant.

Claims for Tax Credits are assessed jointly if you are living with a spouse or partner who is allowed to claim tax credits.
It will automatically be a joint application at the request of HMRC and your name will therefore appear. This is not a problem for you.

Here is some useful information from HMRC called What are Tax Credits (http://taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/WhatAreTaxCredits.aspx)

Other benefits such as, Contribution Based Jobseeker's Allowance, Housing Benefit and Council Tax benefit may technically only be claimed under certain very specific conditions of the eligible spouse. That's why I have strongly suggested you make some very detailed checks with the authorities.
To be honest many government departments do not fully understand 'no recourse to public funds' and may well put you in a sticky position.
I would normally not advise anyone to make any claims for those unless they are 100% certain of the appropriate legislation and can secure written confirmation of such from the legal teams of each concerned department.

Not trying to frighten you, just trying to help.

Maybe others here have made those claims, declared on the ILR and had no issues. If so I hope they can share there knowledge and experience here.

rusty
14th January 2012, 12:36
When we applied for ILR for my wife, we were claiming child benefit and tax credits, in my name and had no problem in getting the ILR issued. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not sure about the other benefits you mentioned, if you were caliming these benefits before your partner arrived and the amount you recieved has not increased because your partner is here, I dont think you will have a problem.

Arthur Little
14th January 2012, 12:47
am sorry too :D my spouse visa expire on 29th of June 2012:rolleyes:

thanks for the prompt reply arthur:)

Ah ... in that case, you can apply from June 1. :)

Arthur Little
15th January 2012, 23:57

:sorry-2: ... it's not Terpe, Ross ... will I do instead ? :D

Anytime between Monday, April 23 this year, and the date your Spousal Visa expires. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

am sorry too :D my spouse visa expire on 29th of June 2012. :rolleyes:

Ah ... in that case, you can apply from June 1. :)

:icon_eek: ... back to "Square One"! Since you actually arrived in the UK on 20 May 2010, then your eligibility for applying WILL begin on 23rd April - the date I first quoted - as long as you ensure your application is lodged in plenty time before your spousal visa expires.

:icon_sorry: if you were :confused: by my two earlier responses.

Moy
16th January 2012, 14:49
... back to "Square One"! Since you actually arrived in the UK on 20 May 2010, then your eligibility for applying WILL begin on 23rd April - the date I first quoted - as long as you ensure your application is lodged in plenty time before your spousal visa expires.

if you were by my two earlier responses.

no worries got it now and many thanks:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: