PDA

View Full Version : some questions now that my wifey is in uk with me

\\\\ToNy////
16th January 2012, 20:39
hi all, we are having a great time together, but now we need a little advice,
my wife has been here since November and the first thing we tried to do was try to get her registered at the local doctors, but came to a halt because they said she needs a bank account :Erm:, so we went to Barclays and was basically told "no", can't remember the reason, so then we went to my bank "Lloyds", we filled in the application form and i wrote an introducing letter, all was going well and they sent a letter saying that her new account is set up, all they need now is proof of ID and proof of address, proof of address is the problem because she doesn't pay any of the bills there, all the bills are in her sisters name, we could put one of the bills in my wifes name but the next paper bill is months away, so we had the idea of getting her a phone contract in her name but payments through my account, but I'm guessing that they will want her to have a bank account first? any advise?
wife already has her NI number and is now searching for a local job, i would like her to find a nice little job in a card shop of flower shop, but will have to wait and see.
is there anything that we should be doing in her 2 years here before she applies for British Citizenship, some one mentioned receipts? but i think receipts will be useless if not in her name and i can't see how receipts are of any proof of anything?
any advice would be very appreciated.

oh, and while im here ill wish you all a happy new year :):party-smiley-012:

alanp
16th January 2012, 21:42
Hi Tony
one of the things I did was to get my wife's name put on the Council Tax bill so she had proof of address, and when we registered at the doctors we just showed them the letter from the Council Tax department. As for a bank account, I found it easier to change my current account into a joint account. our next step will be to get the gas and electric bills changed with my Jennies name on them and she has started preparing on the Life in the UK Test

Alan

stevie c
16th January 2012, 22:07
Tony my wife opened an account with Natwest, all they asked for was to see her passport & a letter with her address on it.
Im sure when your wife received her NI number that would have her address wrote on it.

As for joining the gp surgery it was straight forward all she had to show was her passport & copy of her NI number then she was registered.

hawk
16th January 2012, 22:18
nothing to stop you opening another account in your name for her, theres nothing wrong in getting wages put into account not in your name or joint account

Terpe
16th January 2012, 22:39
hi all, we are having a great time together, but now we need a little advise,
my wife has been here since november and the first thing we tried to do was try to get her registered at the local doctors, but came to a halt because they said she needs a bank account:Erm:, so we went to barcleys and was basicly told "no", cant remember the reason, so then we went to my bank "loyds", iwe filled in the application form and i wrote an introduceing letter, all was going well and they sent a letter saying that her new account is set up, all they need now is proof of id and proof of address, proof of address is the problem because she dosnt pay any of the bills there, all the bills are in her sisters name, we could put one of the bills in my wifes name but the next paper bill is months away, so we had the idear of getting her a phone contract in her name but payments through my account, but im guessing that they will want her to have a bank account first? any advise?
wife already has her NI number and is now searching for a local job, i would like her to find a nice little job in a card shop of flower shop, but will have to wait and see.
is there anything that we should be doing in her 2 years here before she applies for british citizenship, some one mentioned recepts? but i think recepts will be useless if not in her name and i can see how recepts are of any proof of anything?
any advice would be very appreciated.

oh, and while im here ill wish you all a happy new year :):party-smiley-012:

Hi there Tony. Best wishes for a happy new Year to you both.

This is tricky, as I know you don't want to antagonise them.......but it's an absolute disgrace.
A bank account is not required to register for a GP

You can of course be refused to join the list of patients. But normally only if you don't live in their catchment area (bit like schools) or they have officially closed their list of patients as they already reached their limits.

You do have some options to try:-
For the surgery to refuse your wife it needs to have reasonable grounds for doing so. Nothing to do with race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or a medical condition etc. It must also give you reasons for its decision in writing.
As far as I know not having a bank account is not a reason for refusal.

Try to contact to your local Primary Care Trust (PCT) and tell them you have such problems registering the GP. They will nearly always be able to help you fix it up.

Try asking your Council to include your wife on the bill and confirm in writing asap for ID purposes. I'm sure they will understand and help you.

The worst case scenario I guess is that you pay for a bank account. This is very easy for your wife to secure with the HSBC Passport Account:-
http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-accounts/uk-bank-account

But it costs £8 per month so only good advice as the very last resort if all else fails.

So sorry to hear about this problem. It really is a disgrace and makes me so mad.

rusty
16th January 2012, 23:42
they said she needs a bank account:Erm:,

Not sure why this is needed to register at the doctors? did they just say they needed proof of address, like a bank account statement?

maybe you could try a different doctors?

is there anything that we should be doing in her 2 years here before she applies for British Citizenship

The current requirements are that after 2 years you need to apply for ILR, then after another year you can apply for Citizenship.

For the ILR requirements you will need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

Examples of these are letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service, bank statements, mobile statements etc.

These letters need to cover the 2 years here so start collecting these now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
17th January 2012, 00:00
Hmmm...:Erm: when I registered to a local GP here, I wasn't even asked for anything...they only asked me to fill-up the registration form and then after they put the data in the computer I'm already registered and already was able to set an appointment with the nurse and the doctor. I'm not sure if it's applicable but when we're registering for the wedding in the registry office and I was asked for a proof of address, I just showed the "spam" mail I got from Matalan showing my name and address here in UK and they said it's acceptable..:Rasp::D

Arthur Little
17th January 2012, 00:10
I just showed the "spam" mail I got from Matalan showing my name and address here in UK and they said it's acceptable..:Rasp::D

:cwm24: ... wow, Rayna ... just goes to SHOW that even "spam" mail can (sometimes - not often!) have its uses. :D

ConfusedMe
17th January 2012, 00:39
In my case, they didn't ask for bank account just to be registered in GP. They only checked my visa, passport and proof of address, as what I remember. They also enrolled me straight away for NHS.

Since she got the NI number already, you can use the letter attached to the NI card as 'proof of address'.

Hope this helps

Doc Alan
17th January 2012, 01:44
Registering with a GP should be straightforward, if you are clear beforehand what is involved and your entitlements as a UK citizen. Here are the basics :- Choose the GP surgery (or GP practice) that you want to register with. Check first that the surgery covers the area where you live. You can find a surgery near you using the NHS Choices services directory.
Contact the GP practice and ask to register with them. They will ask you to complete form GMS1 * ( General Medical Services ), giving details such as: name and address and date of birth, your NHS number (if applicable), and other information, such as the name and address of your previous GP ( if applicable ).

They may require photo identity such as your passport ( or driving licence ), proof of your address, such as a recent utility bill (gas, electricity, water or phone bill, but not a mobile phone bill) or council tax bill.
They will send GMS1 to the local Primary Care Trust (PCT), who will write to you confirming that you’re registered with that practice. Your medical records - where applicable - will be transferred to the new practice. These would include chest X Rays and any other information which you may have from UK or Philippines about medication, illnesses such as diabetes, and vaccination.
The practice may ask you for your NHS medical card or your NHS number ( if applicable ). However, you don’t need either of these to register with a GP or to get NHS treatment.
When you register with a GP, some PCTs will send you a new NHS medical card. However, not all PCTs issue medical cards and some will only do so on request.
You will be registered with the GP practice, rather than an individual GP.
If you prefer to see a specific GP, the practice can note this in your records. However, you may have to
wait longer to see your preferred GP or
see someone else if your preferred GP is unavailable.
When you register with a new GP practice, you’ll be invited to make an appointment for a health check within six months.
Health checks are usually done by the practice nurse, who will ask you about your personal and family medical history. They will also ensure that any tests or checks you need are up to date, such as measuring your blood pressure or arranging cervical screening.
You may not be able to register with a particular practice, for example, if
you live outside the area that the practice covers, or
the practice is not accepting new patients.
You then need to register with another nearby practice.
If you have difficulty finding a GP or registering, contact your local primary care trust (PCT). You can find your PCT:
using NHS Choices' services directory or in the phone book, under Health Services, in the A-Z listing of local businesses and services.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1095.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=158

* http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Documents/GMS1.pdf

lastlid
17th January 2012, 10:47
I know that the IOM can throw up differences in procedure but we just simply registered with our GP without quibble, no passport or marriage cert was needed to be submitted or the like. My wife had to fill out a form and have a preliminary health check (simple one). The medical card arrived within a week or two. As Confused Me says, we now have that card as proof of address for our ILR application.

We did have a problem with the bank account, but eventually got round that by submitting a copy of our lease agreement with the wifes name on along with her passport and the marriage certificate -took a while but we managed it.

lastlid
17th January 2012, 10:54
I'm not sure if it's applicable but when we're registering for the wedding in the registry office and I was asked for a proof of address, I just showed the "spam" mail I got from Matalan showing my name and address here in UK and they said it's acceptable..:Rasp::D

:icon_lol:

We could do with some spam mail like that too.

Advice on this please.....

rusty
17th January 2012, 11:28
:icon_lol:

We could do with some spam mail like that too.

Advice on this please.....

Apply for items like store cards, credit cards and some online promotions or shopping. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
17th January 2012, 11:54
Apply for items like store cards, credit cards and some online promotions or shopping. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cracking idea. Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Who would have thought I / we would be actively seeking spam mail.....:icon_lol:

Dedworth
17th January 2012, 17:29
I'm not sure if it's applicable but when we're registering for the wedding in the registry office and I was asked for a proof of address, I just showed the "spam" mail I got from Matalan showing my name and address here in UK and they said it's acceptable..:Rasp::D

:cwm23:

That's an absolute disgrace - is it any wonder there are so many sham marriages taking place ? Do us all a favour report your Registry Offices lax procedures to your local Police, The UKBA and Home Secretary (mayt@parliament.uk)

Doc Alan
17th January 2012, 18:58

That's an absolute disgrace - is it any wonder there are so many sham marriages taking place ?
The apparent inconsistency in requirements to register with a GP may not be such a disgrace, but it's certainly confusing :doh. That's why I posted # 10, with two internet links. Anyone still in doubt as to what is required should print or take note. Be firm but polite when negotiating with GP receptionists, who may be formidable and intimidating :yikes:.

raynaputi
17th January 2012, 19:01

That's an absolute disgrace - is it any wonder there are so many sham marriages taking place ? Do us all a favour report your Registry Offices lax procedures to your local Police, The UKBA and Home Secretary (mayt@parliament.uk)

:Erm: I don't think it's a lax of the registry office..:Erm: they checked my passport and visa and lots of questions were asked too. They almost didn't even registered us when Keith didn't bring his passport. Good thing he has driver's license with him showing his details and picture. It's obvious that I still don't have any proof of address at that time other than the mails sent to me of some magazine subscriptions Keith had for me and that Matalan membership. At that time the letter from the GP hasn't arrived yet too. So I think they can accept reasonable circumstances. My point of view only and that made everything easier for us.

Dedworth
17th January 2012, 19:32
:Erm: I don't think it's a lax of the registry office..:Erm: they checked my passport and visa and lots of questions were asked too. They almost didn't even registered us when Keith didn't bring his passport. Good thing he has driver's license with him showing his details and picture. It's obvious that I still don't have any proof of address at that time other than the mails sent to me of some magazine subscriptions Keith had for me and that Matalan membership. At that time the letter from the GP hasn't arrived yet too. So I think they can accept reasonable circumstances. My point of view only and that made everything easier for us.

I don't think any Public Body should be taking items such as Matalan Memberships or Magazine Subscriptions as proof of address particularly at present when so many illegal immigrants are using sham marriages to stay in the UK.

As you say they almost turned you away because Keith didn't have his passport and good luck you got it all accepted OK. These sham marriages 99% of the time are between a non Brit EU citizen (ie legally resident in the UK) and a Rest of World citizen ie the person wishing to aquire UK residency through the marriage - if people have to wait for more official letters to be addressed to them then so be it.

If you want to post the location of the Registry Office here I will gladly report them to the authorities.

Dedworth
17th January 2012, 19:37
The apparent inconsistency in requirements to register with a GP may not be such a disgrace, but it's certainly confusing :doh. That's why I posted # 10, with two internet links. Anyone still in doubt as to what is required should print or take note. Be firm but polite when negotiating with GP receptionists, who may be formidable and intimidating :yikes:.

Doc - I didn't read your post #10 re inconsistencies registering with GPs - but it is of great concern that a Registry Office doesn't make stringent checks on the legitimacy of foreign nationals, present company excepted of course

Arthur Little
17th January 2012, 19:41
:anerikke: ... I know there are a great many who would disagree with me on this - SCOFF :laughitupsmilie: at me, even - for "living in Cloud :Cuckoo: Land" ... but I've long~felt that, in an "ideal world" (which, sadly, :bigcry: ours most certainly ISN'T!) healthcare OUGHT to be freely available to ALL nationalities - regardless of WHERE they're from. After all ... EVERYONE is important to SOMEONE ... SOMEWHERE ... you simply CANNOT put any monetary value on a human life! :NoNo: Life is short enough!

raynaputi
17th January 2012, 19:43
i won't post it here..I don't want everyone coming to my wedding..:icon_lol:

Dedworth
17th January 2012, 20:15

:icon_lol:Just keep an eye on the place - if you see a lot of Pakistani and Nigerian males dressed in ill fitting suits going in there with dodgy looking Eastern European women call the UKBA immediately :D

Arthur Little
17th January 2012, 20:22

:cwm24: ... aww ... I'm sure Dedworth would be "the life and soul of the party"! :xxparty-smiley-050:

stevie c
17th January 2012, 20:26
Im up for an invite if there are any invites going :)

Arthur Little
17th January 2012, 20:53
Joking apart - and there was, ACTUALLY, more than a modicum of seriousness in my earlier post #20 also - it's :censored: diabolical that Tony's wife is being forced to undergo such interrogation at her legally~wedded husband's regular doctors' surgery ... where each of the "fully~fledged" practitioners is likely to be raking~in at least £80k per annum. :cwm23:

Doc Alan
17th January 2012, 22:44
... it's :censored: diabolical that Tony's wife is being forced to undergo such interrogation at her legally~wedded husband's regular doctors' surgery ... where each of the [I] "fully~fledged" practitioners is likely to be raking~in at least £80k per annum. :cwm23:
The point of #10 was that there is a standard procedure for registration with a GP. Inconsistencies posted by members such as Tony, should be minimised if they know beforehand exactly what is required, and their rights.
Two of the core principles of the NHS are :
1. It provides a comprehensive service available to all irrespective of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
2. The NHS has a duty to every patient it serves and must respect their human rights.
I'm not a GP, and, with respect, what they are contracted to earn is a separate topic. Two other core principles of the NHS are : to provide best value for taxpayers' money, and the most effective, fair, and sustainable use of finite resources; also to aspire to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism. These are part of the NHS Constitution which sets out your rights as an NHS patient. Included among them is the right to complain if things go wrong. Although the NHS is funded through national taxation, most decisions about individual treatment and detailed organisation of the service are taken at local level.

Doc Alan
17th January 2012, 22:55
:anerikke: ... I know there are a great many who would disagree with me on this - SCOFF :laughitupsmilie: at me, even - for "living in Cloud :Cuckoo: Land" ... but I've long~felt that, in an "ideal world" (which, sadly, :bigcry: ours most certainly ISN'T!) healthcare OUGHT to be freely available to ALL nationalities - regardless of WHERE they're from.
I hope no one would disagree with you, Arthur. In an ideal world healthcare in every country would meet the needs of everyone, be free at the point of delivery, and be based on clinical need, not ability to pay.
Again with respect, I believe this is a separate topic, and worth a thread comparing UK with Philippines. How many members will wish to read and respond to it is another matter.

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 02:26
Thanks, Alan ... you're right, of course ... standards of healthcare and GPs salaries ARE separate topics. And :68711_thanx: too, for your sensitive handling of a "sphere" in which - judging by the abrupt "drying-up" of responses to this thread ever since airing my views in post #20 - others must've thought I'd had some kind of :crazy: brainstorm and taken leave of my senses ... even though I'd tried to qualify my statement about an "ideal world" by indicating my awareness it wasn't.

Truth be told ... reading between the lines, my immediate guess (rightly or wrongly) had been that - as in just about every situation these days - "filthy lucre" [or the lack of it] once again appeared to be rearing its ugly head. And to MY mind, this criteria seemed a wholly unacceptable factor in determining a person's future wellbeing. Sorry for any misunderstanding - like countless other Brits before me ... and [hopefully] many more to follow - I'm eternally grateful for our much~maligned Health Service. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
18th January 2012, 09:25
Joking apart - and there was, ACTUALLY, more than a modicum of seriousness in my earlier post #20 also - it's :censored: diabolical that Tony's wife is being forced to undergo such interrogation at her legally~wedded husband's regular doctors' surgery ... where each of the "fully~fledged" practitioners is likely to be raking~in at least £80k per annum. :cwm23:

Exactly and it is under these circumstances that you begin to think " :censored: it " and start reaching for the Matalans spam mail. :icon_lol:

We found the GP registration a complete doddle but the bank account was a different matter....very frustrating. I could have done with some spam mail or anything, just to get my wifes account open. It took nigh on 4 weeks all told, including some ineptitude on the part of the banking staff.

I mean, sure, we want to abide by the rules and don't want to encourage sham visa applicants but on the other hand we do want the processes involved to be applied with a modicum of fairness, reasonability and common sense etc and not soooooo dam difficult as it evidently can be. I dont blame Rayna for using the Matalans spam mail at all....

lastlid
18th January 2012, 09:56
- if people have to wait for more official letters to be addressed to them then so be it.

If you want to post the location of the Registry Office here I will gladly report them to the authorities.

There comes a point where the waiting time becomes unreasonable.....

tone
18th January 2012, 10:49
Hi Tony - surprised to hear of the hassle with the Dr's the difference is the receptionists - they all say different things I think!

When Rina arrived I put her on the Council Tax form, Electricity and water straight away - registering at the Docs was easy - showed passport and council tax statement - filled in the forms and 3 weeks later got new medical cards.

We went to Halifax - added Rina to my account - again they needed passport and council tax - when we married changed her name with bank and Dr Surgery.

Since then everything has been quite easy - she is on the house insurance documents too. The only thing not joint is the house mortgage.

She now has her free prescriptions and dental treatment so off to register with the local dentist this afternoon so she can be looked after.

I'd add her to sky but at some point I want her to do an upgrade when the next new thing comes out! :rolleyes:

Tone

lastlid
18th January 2012, 11:09
She now has her free prescriptions and dental treatment so off to register with the local dentist this afternoon so she can be looked after.

Apologies if I am picking you up wrongly. Free prescriptions? How does that work Tone? I was under the impression that those on a Spouse visa weren't entitled to free prescriptions. ( I have to exercise some caution here as the IOM is a little different but I am from the UK and spent all my life there until february last year ). I recall my ex wife, who never worked and is British, could never claim for free prescriptions in Manchester, as I was earning a reasonable income.

lastlid
18th January 2012, 11:28
I think prescription charges are currently free in Scotland, 7 quid in england and about £3.50 or thereabouts in IOM?

Terpe
18th January 2012, 11:42
Hmm, I also wondered about the free prescriptions :Erm:

tone
18th January 2012, 11:46
Hehehehe I have to laugh because I wondered who would pickup on this I am pleased to say that Rina is now expecting a mini "me" or mini "her" so after some initial alarms on what the NHS would cover we found out that she is entitled to full natal care.

We have a scan next week after last weeks scan showed the baby wasnt big enough for the initial screenings etc - maybe I have spilled the beans a little early but cant contain my excitement any longer... I am going way off topic I'm afraid so I will post up separately so that Tonys post isn't detracted from too much!
congrats to us!!:Jump:

Terpe
18th January 2012, 11:49
Hehehehe I have to laugh because I wondered who would pickup on this I am pleased to say that Rina is now expecting a mini "me" or mini "her" so after some initial alarms on what the NHS would cover we found out that she is entitled to full natal care.

We have a scan next week after last weeks scan showed the baby wasnt big enough for the initial screenings etc - maybe I have spilled the beans a little early but cant contain my excitement any longer... I am going way off topic I'm afraid so I will post up separately so that Tonys post isn't detracted from too much!

Woo Hooooooooo ! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Many sincere congratulations to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow, happy days indeed :baby1:

lastlid
18th January 2012, 11:52
WOW....an unexpected answer. Congratulations. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And interesting that she gets full natal care.....good tip Tone.

Doc Alan
18th January 2012, 12:09
Prescriptions are free in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. For England, see :-
http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcosts/pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx . If you are pregnant, or have had a baby in the last 12 months, you get free NHS prescriptions, but only if you have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx) ( obtained from your doctor, nurse, midwife, or health visitor ).
Congratulations Tone and Rina :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm sure you know that drugs should be prescribed in pregnancy only if the expected benefit to the mother is thought to be greater than the risk to the developing baby and that especially applies during the first trimester. For those lucky enough to have an NHS dentist, see :-http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcosts/pages/Dentalcosts.aspx . Pregnant women and those who have had a baby in the last 12 months get free NHS dental treatment.

lastlid
18th January 2012, 12:24
Nice one Doc. Thanks. Such a useful forum, I say yet again. Much of what is law in the UK is replicated in the IOM so it is still very useful to me.

Moy
18th January 2012, 13:20
now this confused me:rolleyes::Erm: ive been issued a card call NHS TAX CREDIT EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE togethere with the husband..thats before his not working..(though now his working) he is using it for free prescription and to the NHS dentist..mine i didnt use as im not sure weather am intitle to it:cwm24::Erm::D

raynaputi
18th January 2012, 13:22

Congrats Tone and Rina! :baby1:

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 14:02

maybe I have spilled the beans a little early but cant contain my excitement any longer... I am going way off topic I'm afraid so I will post up separately so that Tonys post isn't detracted from too much!

Wouldn't worry about going :icon_offtopic:, Tone ... we're ALL inclined to do that at times. ;)

Congratulations to you & Rina on your delightful news, and - not least - for managing to *keep it a "secret" until now. *That's bound to've taken SOME doing! :cwm24:

tone
18th January 2012, 14:05
Hey Guys
Thanks very much yes its great - and to be honest when we met the midwife initially she said I may have to pay for the scans! I was pretty unhappy about this - just like many I have contributed like everyone else and jokingly I said to the midwife - I dont need a scan she can have mine! The midwife as expected replies with "it doesn't work like that" and I said I am sure it doesnt but its a key point! Whilst they were going through the Q&A with Rina I was googling on my phone and found a document that basically said if someone is settling here - then the treatment should be free just as it would be if once registered with a GP.
We went for one scan - no issue - and as we were too early we have another one next week, hope all goes well, and Thanks Doc Alan for your text - as ever very useful!

Tone

lastlid
18th January 2012, 14:11
- and to be honest when we met the midwife initially she said I may have to pay for the scans! I was pretty unhappy about this - just like many I have contributed like everyone else and jokingly I said to the midwife - I dont need a scan she can have mine! The midwife as expected replies with "it doesn't work like that" and I said I am sure it doesnt but its a key point! Whilst they were going through the Q&A with Rina I was googling on my phone and found a document that basically said if someone is settling here - then the treatment should be free just as it would be if once registered with a GP.

More useful info. Thanks Tone.

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 14:26
when we met the midwife initially she said I may have to pay for the scans! I was pretty unhappy about this - just like many I have contributed like everyone else and jokingly I said to the midwife - I dont need a scan she can have mine! The midwife as expected replies with "it doesn't work like that"

:Rasp: ... they're a real "bundle of joy" themselves, some of those midwives & Practice Nurses.

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 14:37
And finally ... to Tony ... :rolleyes: the best of luck, mate - you could do WITHOUT this unnecessary hastle! :angry:

tone
18th January 2012, 14:52
Thanks Arthur - yeah its all a learning curve - I am sure there will be more learning and more stress to come but for now I'll take it one step at a time.

Tone

Doc Alan
18th January 2012, 14:56
...I've been issued a card call NHS TAX CREDIT EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE togethere with the husband..thats before his not working..(though now his working) he is using it for free prescription and to the NHS dentist..mine i didnt use as im not sure weather am intitle to it:cwm24::Erm::D
Hello Moy :) An NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate entitles you, your partner and any children to:
Free NHS prescriptions
Free NHS dental treatment
Free NHS sight tests
The full value of a voucher towards the cost of glasses and contact lenses
Free NHS wigs and fabric supports
Refund of necessary costs of travel for NHS treatment.
See http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1040.aspx

Moy
18th January 2012, 15:35
Hello Moy :) An NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate entitles you, your partner and any children to:
Free NHS prescriptions
Free NHS dental treatment
Free NHS sight tests
The full value of a voucher towards the cost of glasses and contact lenses
Free NHS wigs and fabric supports
Refund of necessary costs of travel for NHS treatment.
See http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1040.aspx
thanks for the inf Doc Alan:) but isnt it part of recourse to public funds:rolleyes: as im on spouse visa and later this months ill be applying for my ILR hopefully..and i dont wnt any trouble in case..you know what i mean:D:Jump::rolleyes:

lastlid
18th January 2012, 15:43
So get yourselves in for the free wigs.....:D

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 17:01
So get yourselves in for the free wigs.....:D

:anerikke: ... could certainly do with one of THOSE :yeahthat: meself! :laugher: ...

Arthur Little
18th January 2012, 17:47
... hence the hat! :Bugger:!

Doc Alan
18th January 2012, 18:36
... I'm on spouse visa and later this months ill be applying for my ILR hopefully..and i dont wnt any trouble in case..you know what i mean:D:Jump::rolleyes:
I know what you mean Moy :)
This is not my field of expertise. I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but I understand that " no recourse to public funds " does not mean NHS treatment. It refers to most other public funds, such as unemployment/job seeker's benefits, child benefits and disability benefits.
Good luck with your application, a late Happy Birthday wish, and I hope by now you've recovered from that cold :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

stevie c
18th January 2012, 18:44
congratulations Tone me & florsel are so very happy for the both of you. :Jump::Jump:

Terpe
18th January 2012, 19:45
thanks for the inf Doc Alan:) but isnt it part of recourse to public funds:rolleyes: as im on spouse visa and later this months ill be applying for my ILR hopefully..and i dont wnt any trouble in case..you know what i mean:D:Jump::rolleyes:

Moy,

Please don't worry. The NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificates are not considered as public funds.
There will be no impact at all on your ILR application.

malditako
18th January 2012, 20:09
congrats to you both....

back to the topic...registered to nhs dentist and they gave me a list of fee depends whats being done to my teeth...so its not free. better get pregnant soon to get a free teeth bridge then lol.

Moy
18th January 2012, 21:46
I know what you mean Moy :)
This is not my field of expertise. I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but I understand that " no recourse to public funds " does not mean NHS treatment. It refers to most other public funds, such as unemployment/job seeker's benefits, child benefits and disability benefits.
Good luck with your application, a late Happy Birthday wish, and I hope by now you've recovered from that cold :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

thanks very much DocAlan:) great inf and ill rem that:xxgrinning--00xx3:
am getting well now.. just chilling out..throat still sore:doh though otherwise am fine:Jump: