PDA

View Full Version : Mrs RickyR is on her way to me!

RickyR
17th January 2012, 10:28
Having been through the most stressful few months of my life to date, we've finally completed all the requirements and Marvie is at 35,000 en-route to the Middle East.

The paperwork and visas have been touch and go for a while, since her ex-husband (my stepdaughters father) has absolutely no contact with the child and hasn't since prior to her birth. Having had to complete affidavits by an approved lawyer, certified at the city hall, red ribbon at the DFO, and then fedex'd to me, sent to the Embassy and then finally the ministry of foreign affairs for authenticating. The Immigration ummed and ahhed over whether to issue the visa, really not sure what to do without the Fathers consent. Finally the visa has been issued and work booked Marvie and the kids flights across here, thankfully in business class so at least they can all sleep.

The final hurdle that has been stressing me was the immigration on departure in the Philippines who can be an absolute nightmare. I've had sleepless nights wondering how this would go. Unlike the UK, the visa here is issued on arrival in their passports, so I could only give them a scanned copy of the visa receipts and a letter from me. I've read quite a few horror stories online that under 'anti trafficking laws' the immigration could decide to stop the travel. I was also worried because despite Marvie attending the CFO seminar, she hadn't got a sticker because they didn't know which one to issue (Middle East or British...). Maybe i'm just nervous, but I was really expecting quite a bit of hassle. In actual fact she did get asked a lot of questions, they asked for OFW documents, which she said she obviously didn't have because her husband is British, they asked for a affidavit of support from the filipino embassy, which again she told them that a British guy can't get a filipino affidavit, they asked about the CFO sticker, they asked about the children etc etc so eventually they just stamped the passports and allowed them through.

Half of our problems have been down the Philippines awkward and complicated procedures for obtaining documents.

So now this is over, the house is all prepared for Marvie and the Children, I've bought a new car (Kia Sorento 2.4ltr petrol AWD) and am off shopping now to get all the favourite foods in the house. I'm off work for the next few days to help them settle in and get comfortable in the new life here in the Middle East. Luckily its a good time of year, the temperatures are a cool 22 degrees :-)

Party time ! :)

Stress = no more!

lastlid
17th January 2012, 10:44
WOW. A complex story with a happy ending. :xxgrinning--00xx3: You must be soooooo relieved.

A little bit of stress can help knock the kilograms off the weightloss ticker.......

Englishman2010
17th January 2012, 11:02
Congrats and well done for finally sorting it out, enjoy your time with your family:)

RickyR
17th January 2012, 11:41
Thanks, its going to be nice to live a 'normal' ish life :)

Terpe
17th January 2012, 11:45
So glad to hear that your perseverance finally won the outcome everyone prayed for.
Well done Ricky :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now just enjoy those happy days ahead :xxgrinning--00xx3:

John_10
17th January 2012, 12:07
Congrats RickyR all well done...we are happy for you & your family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
17th January 2012, 12:34
:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Don't forget to send me that brown envelope ;)

johnboy999
17th January 2012, 12:44
It's always nice to read a bit of good news - congratulations to you and the Mrs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
17th January 2012, 13:34
A well derserved result:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Doc Alan
17th January 2012, 14:10
Great news Ricky, I knew from facebook how happy Marvie is :xxgrinning--00xx3:

juvyjones28
17th January 2012, 15:11
Congratulations :D:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

alanmf1
17th January 2012, 22:03
Great News mate Enjoy!

stevie c
17th January 2012, 22:14
Wow Ricky you certainly showed alot of determination not to mention patience :doh:doh

Congratulatios on getting there in the end a very happy outcome for you all :Jump:

Rosie1958
17th January 2012, 22:26
So pleased to hear your fabulous news Ricky, well done and I hope that you and your family settle in your new life quickly! :xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump::)

South-east boy
18th January 2012, 11:45
That's great news Ricky. It certainy took long enough and I guess a month longer than you wanted! Have they arrived already?

tone
18th January 2012, 11:49
Wow that is complex - really good news to hear you managed to seal it all up and what a lovely time you are gonna have together.

Great news for sure mate!

Piamed
18th January 2012, 15:11
Congrats matey!

RickyR
19th January 2012, 20:30
All family settled in the house, :-) Thanks for all the messages.

It's good to be living a relatively normal life.

Arthur Little
19th January 2012, 20:58
All family settled in the house, :-) Thanks for all the messages.

:) That's a great relief, Ricky ... congratulations to you and Marvie ... you got there in the end. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's good to be living a relatively normal life.

Phew :doh ... I'll BET it is!

subseastu
19th January 2012, 22:14
Nice one ricky I know this has been a trying and knackering time for you but at least its all come good in the end and you can get on and enjoy your family. Well done that man.