PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP!!! Fiancee VISA!

melovesengland
17th January 2012, 15:27
I was granted by the British Embassy last year to visit the UK using a visitor visa. I stayed 5 months there and left the UK 6 days before my visa expired. Now, we are planning to get a fiancée visa for me to get back to the UK and get married with my fiancée, Paul.

Here are the questions that keeps playing round our minds. Hope you can help us.

-I'm a single mother and also unemployed. We are planning to leave my daughter with my older sister's guidance along with my parents. Do you think its best to send a letter that says my sister and my parents will look after my daughter from the time I will leave the Philippines till I get back in no time because we are planning to extend my stay in the UK after getting married.

-My fiancée is living with his parents (old couple) and his brother in their own bungalow in England. Is that enough proof to use for my accommodation in England for my fiancée visa app? We used that before on my visit visa and it worked well or we really need to rent/buy our own house?

-How can we prove that we are planning to get married within the 6 months of my stay in England? It is not allowed to book any wedding in the UK unless I arrive the country. Any suggestions?

Hope you can help us. These are our main concerns. We don't want to get refused again cos I know the pain it brings so as much as possible we are trying our best to collect docus and informations for our upcoming visa app.

Terpe
17th January 2012, 16:59
What are the key issues in your thinking to leave your daughter in Philippines?

If there's any way to have her join with you in UK it may well be the best strategy.

I wouldn't advise you to write a letter that basically gives away responsibility.
When the time comes to have her join you may well need to prove 'sole responsibility'.

No offence. Just trying to help

Terpe
17th January 2012, 17:05
.....How can we prove that we are planning to get married within the 6 months of my stay in England? It is not allowed to book any wedding in the UK unless I arrive the country. Any suggestions?

The ECO needs to be convinced that a marriage/civil partnership in the UK will take place.
The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK. Anyway, in itself, a booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.
However the ECO can reasonably expect the couple to have made some tentative plans for the wedding.
Any documented evidence at all, however small, that's available to show that wedding arrangements are in hand will help in this respect.
Think about including any facebook messages, e-mails or texts that specifically refer to wedding plans.

have your fiance (sponsor) write a good letter to the Embassy supporting your application, and outlining how long you have been together and important events and meetings between yourselves.
You may also briefly outline the start of the relationship, how it developed, the times you met face-to-face, some things you did together,
your feelings for each other, why you want to marry, plans for the future and where you will live and how you will support yourselves.
Keep it simple and above all be honest about everything.

If there is anything complicated or unusual about your application you should include a clarification for the ECO.
It would certainly strengthen the application to include a supporting letter from the sponsoring fiance(e)s parents saying that they support the future marriage and that they are looking forward to meeting and welcoming you into the family. Nothing complicated.

Terpe
17th January 2012, 17:16
.........My fiancée is living with his parents (old couple) and his brother in their own bungalow in England. Is that enough proof to use for my accommodation in England for my fiancée visa app? We used that before on my visit visa and it worked well or we really need to rent/buy our own house? ....

As long as you both can meet the needed requirements for accommodation it's not necessary to rent/buy your own place.

The Rules require that there must be adequate accommodation for a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner and any dependants both up to and after the date of the marriage or registering of the civil partnership.
The ECO will be looking for evidence that the accommodation complies with the following requirements:-

- It is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple.
- It is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985.
- The ECO should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting.
- That no additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds.

If you intend to live in accommodation with other occupants such as family/friends/etc, your fiance will need to show that you will have exclusive access to a bedroom that will be occupied solely by you both.
A bedroom may be a family room or study which has been converted for exclusive access (kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms do not qualify). Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet(4.65 square meters).

There are statutory definitions of overcrowding in residential housing contained in the Housing Act 1985.
A house is considered to be overcrowded if 2 persons aged 10 years or more of opposite sexes, who are not living together as husband and wife, must sleep in the same room.
The Housing Act also details the maximum number of people allowed for a given number of rooms.

Number of rooms Permitted number of persons

1................................... 2
2................................... 3
3................................... 5
5................................... 10
Each additional room in excess of 5 = An additional 2 people
A child under one does not count as a person.
A child aged 1-10 years counts as only half a person.

By the way is the property owned or rented?
Who is the owner?

juvyjones28
17th January 2012, 17:17
I was granted by the British Embassy last year to visit the UK using a visitor visa. I stayed 5 months there and left the UK 6 days before my visa expired. Now, we are planning to get a fiancée visa for me to get back to the UK and get married with my fiancée, Paul.

My husband's name is also Paul. :D

-My fiancée is living with his parents (old couple) and his brother in their own bungalow in England. Is that enough proof to use for my accommodation in England for my fiancée visa app? We used that before on my visit visa and it worked well or we really need to rent/buy our own house?

If it worked well on your visit visa then I supposed you can use same accommodation in your future fiancee visa application. You just need a letter from his parents and his brother that you are OKAY to stay there. Given there is enough room/space for you. That shouldn't be a problem. No need to buy new house or rent but if you and your fiance can afford new place why not? :D

-How can we prove that we are planning to get married within the 6 months of my stay in England? It is not allowed to book any wedding in the UK unless I arrive the country. Any suggestions?

Your fiance can book the wedding in advance. As you need to submit wedding plans and bookings with your fiancee visa application in the future.

raynaputi
17th January 2012, 21:39

When we applied for a fiancee visa, we submitted a copy of the letter to the registry office inquiring about the upcoming wedding. We also submitted a photo of the engagement ring and receipts of it as a proof that we're already engaged.

Bluebirdjones
18th January 2012, 09:32
We don't want to get refused again

.... refused a fiancee or visitor's visa ?

If a fiancee visa, have you addressed the causes of the refusal ?
... if not, you're gonna encounter the same problems.

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:02

If there's any way to have her join with you in UK it may well be the best strategy.

I wouldn't advise you to write a letter that basically gives away responsibility.
When the time comes to have her join you may well need to prove 'sole responsibility'.

She is currently studying as a nursery student in a private school sponsored by my fiancée. I dont want to interupt on her studies just to come with me in England. Tnx for the help, I appreciated your effort. xxxxx

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:03
tnx for this! Will bookmark and save your infos. Such a big help! :)

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:06
My first visit visa app was refused but the second visit visa app was a success and I arrived safely in England last May, 2011. Stayed there for months and left the country 6 days before my visa expired.

I just dont want to feel and get refused again on this Fiancée visa we are planning to apply cos its is a very big burden. Tnx for the comment.

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:08
When we applied for a fiancee visa, we submitted a copy of the letter to the registry office inquiring about the upcoming wedding. We also submitted a photo of the engagement ring and receipts of it as a proof that we're already engaged.

Tnx for this informations, tips and ideas raynaputi. It will be a very big help! Cheers!

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:08
We don't want to get refused again

.... refused a fiancee or visitor's visa ?

If a fiancee visa, have you addressed the causes of the refusal ?
... if not, you're gonna encounter the same problems.

My first visit visa app was refused but the second visit visa app was a success and I arrived safely in England last May, 2011. Stayed there for months and left the country 6 days before my visa expired.

I just dont want to feel and get refused again on this Fiancée visa we are planning to apply cos its is a very big burden. Tnx for the comment.

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:09
The ECO needs to be convinced that a marriage/civil partnership in the UK will take place.
The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK. Anyway, in itself, a booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.
However the ECO can reasonably expect the couple to have made some tentative plans for the wedding.
Any documented evidence at all, however small, that's available to show that wedding arrangements are in hand will help in this respect.
Think about including any facebook messages, e-mails or texts that specifically refer to wedding plans.

have your fiance (sponsor) write a good letter to the Embassy supporting your application, and outlining how long you have been together and important events and meetings between yourselves.
You may also briefly outline the start of the relationship, how it developed, the times you met face-to-face, some things you did together,
your feelings for each other, why you want to marry, plans for the future and where you will live and how you will support yourselves.
Keep it simple and above all be honest about everything.

If there is anything complicated or unusual about your application you should include a clarification for the ECO.
It would certainly strengthen the application to include a supporting letter from the sponsoring fiance(e)s parents saying that they support the future marriage and that they are looking forward to meeting and welcoming you into the family. Nothing complicated.

tnx for this! Will bookmark and save your infos. Such a big help!

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:12

She is currently studying as a nursery student in a private school sponsored by my fiancee. I dont want to interupt her studies just to come with me in England thats why were thinking of leaving her in the guidance of my family. Do u think that'll work?

melovesengland
18th January 2012, 11:19
As long as you both can meet the needed requirements for accommodation it's not necessary to rent/buy your own place.

The Rules require that there must be adequate accommodation for a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner and any dependants both up to and after the date of the marriage or registering of the civil partnership.
The ECO will be looking for evidence that the accommodation complies with the following requirements:-

- It is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple.
- It is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985.
- The ECO should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting.
- That no additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds.

If you intend to live in accommodation with other occupants such as family/friends/etc, your fiance will need to show that you will have exclusive access to a bedroom that will be occupied solely by you both.
A bedroom may be a family room or study which has been converted for exclusive access (kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms do not qualify). Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet(4.65 square meters).

There are statutory definitions of overcrowding in residential housing contained in the Housing Act 1985.
A house is considered to be overcrowded if 2 persons aged 10 years or more of opposite sexes, who are not living together as husband and wife, must sleep in the same room.
The Housing Act also details the maximum number of people allowed for a given number of rooms.

Number of rooms Permitted number of persons

1................................... 2
2................................... 3
3................................... 5
5................................... 10
Each additional room in excess of 5 = An additional 2 people
A child under one does not count as a person.
A child aged 1-10 years counts as only half a person.

By the way is the property owned or rented?
Who is the owner?

His parents owned the bungalow and will be passed to him and his brothers name in case something will happen to the old couple. They have 3 rooms in the bungalow. One room is occupied by his brother and his dad, one was his gradads room that they converted into a diner when he passed away and his mum and him in the 3rd room.

aprilmaejon
20th January 2012, 17:29
After the wedding....did you go back to the Philippines just to apply for another visa which is the spousal Ray? or What did you do next?

raynaputi
20th January 2012, 18:21
After the wedding....did you go back to the Philippines just to apply for another visa which is the spousal Ray? or What did you do next?

I'm not married yet and my Fiancee Visa won't expire until April 2012..but you don't need to go back to the Philippines just to apply for FLR(M)..you have to submit the application here in UK.