PDA

View Full Version : ..will I go back to the Philippines in applying for spousal visa???

aprilmaejon
20th January 2012, 17:01
I just arrived here in the UK last December 2011 under fiancee visa. As far as I am concerned, fiancee visa has only 6 months duration of stay and if you'll not marry within that span of time, you will be ban from the country. But I am gettiing married on April then we are planning to apply for spousal visa right after the wedding....will I apply it here in the UK or I need to go back in the Philippines and apply for it??? What are the requirements needed for it??? Is it just the same with the fiancee/marriage visa requirements which I've been through already???

stevie c
20th January 2012, 17:07
April as you are here in the uk on a fiance visa providing you get married within the 6 month timescale then you will apply for a spouse visa here in the uk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th January 2012, 17:33
as stevie said, you dont need to go back, your here on fiance visa to get married,

im sure someone with better knowledge than myself can advise you, how to go about this to satisfy any legal requirments, if its any different to a uk couple marrying :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aprilmaejon
20th January 2012, 17:37
Thank you so much guys for the informations....that relieved me from worrying.:):)

rusty
20th January 2012, 18:18
Here is the information you need from the UKBA website :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/

aprilmaejon
20th January 2012, 19:09
Thank you for that info rusty...:)

alanp
20th January 2012, 21:23
Once are married you will need to apply for further leave to remain (FLR) before you fiancee visa expires. Do a search on the subject on here there are alot of good advice on here for what are the requirements

aprilmaejon
21st January 2012, 00:08
Hi, I would like to ask if anybody can help me with regards to my confusion regarding the application of the spousal visa or the FLR after the wedding. Are those 2 just the same? How long will i take to have that?
My wedding is on April this year, and my fiancée visa will expire on June. Do you think I still have time to process my FLR?
Is FLR can work the same as the spousal visa -- like I can work or study legibly? Need your informations guys for those who have ideas or experience on this stuff.

joebloggs
21st January 2012, 09:26
if your in the UK on a fiancee visa, then you must marry and apply for FLR(M) (Further Leave to Remain) before your Fiancee visa expires.

no it is not the same as a spouse visa, a spouse visa is issued to people who are already married and are applying from outside the UK.

as long as UKBA get your FLR application before your visa expires, it doesn't matter if your visa then expires while they consider your application.

you cannot work until you have been granted FLR, as for studying you will probably have to pay international fees untils you've had at least ILR for 1yr.

aprilmaejon
21st January 2012, 10:11
Thank you for that informative reply Joe. Now I understand. :)

aprilmaejon
21st January 2012, 10:17
Okay Alan...thanks...

Arthur Little
21st January 2012, 15:06
N.B. ... these two threads - and respective responses thereto - have been duly merged, since they both relate to the same topic:

" .. will I go back to the Philippines in applying ... "

and

"Spousal visa vs. FLR???? Confused"

Hopefully - this way - there's no longer any need for confusion! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maricel_23
30th March 2012, 08:35
Apply for Spousal visa right after your wedding. Better to prepare your documents as early as possible and submit them after your wedding.