PDA

View Full Version : Intolerance?

Neu75
24th January 2012, 15:09
Hi,

I haven't been here long but I do log on to have a look around.

To be honest, I see a lot of threads/posts showing intolerance towards immigrants.

As an English man who has a Philippino partner, I would have thought that a lot more relaxed attitude would be shown towards immigrants :doh

It seems that some people here (no names mentioned :icon_lol:) are not enlightened by their situation with Philippinos.

What do you think?

Englishman2010
24th January 2012, 15:15
Hi Neu 75 and welcome to the forum:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Respectfully I think you should read the posts you are referring to again. I do not see any intolerance on the forum to immigrants who play by the rules of the UK. What winds a lot of members up are the immigrants who come here illegally, sponge off our welfare state and make no positive contribution to our society.
By and large, The Filipino's who come to the UK adapt very well, make a positive contribution to the UK and make our country a far more interesting and diverse place:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
24th January 2012, 15:20
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hi Neu 75 and welcome to the forum:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Respectfully I think you should read the posts you are referring to again. I do not see any intollerance on the forum to immigrants who play by the rules of the UK. What winds a lot of members up are the immigrants who come here illegally, sponge off our welfare state and make no positive contribution to our society.
By and large, The Filipino's who come to the UK adapt very well, make a positive contribution to the UK and make our country a far more interesting and diverse place:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
24th January 2012, 15:22
look at what we have to do and pay to have our wifes partners to come to uk immigrants from europe come here then get benifets or work ilegal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
24th January 2012, 15:27
Hi,

To be honest, I see a lot of threads/posts showing intolerance towards immigrants.

As an English man who has a Philippino partner, I would have thought that a lot more relaxed attitude would be shown towards immigrants :doh

It seems that some people here (no names mentioned :icon_lol:) are not enlightened by their situation with Philippinos.

What do you think?

Yes. I agree with Englishman. The forum as a whole is intolerant of intolerance towards immigrants. But is intolerant of immigrants who arrive here illegally.

Tawi2
24th January 2012, 16:08
No intolerance whatsoever towards any legal immigrants,cut and paste a few examples please?Massive public intolerance towards the illegals who are sucking the lifeblood of this country,chipping away at the culture of this country,and generally taking the p*ss from the moment they arrive playing the race card and the human rights act to their own ends,the UK general public,everyone in my circle of friends and those I interact with on a daily basis are all sick of rampant illegal economic immigrants,back of a lorry jobbies who come here for a free ride and to milk the system,and rightly so,if we all broke laws that didnt suit us where would we be then?:rolleyes: I think after a guesstimated one million illegals tolerance takes a back seat and common sense should drive.

Steve.r
24th January 2012, 17:25
Nue 75......... maybe it should be New 75. :doh

Read and digest the threads you have been commenting on.. you are quite wrong! :doh

All of us are here because of our 'tolerance' towards our Filipino partners / wives / girlfriends. I would love to get my wife and son here tomorrow to be part of our country, but the illegals have now made our job so difficult and expensive to do. Why are most people angry here......??? Please think about your post and when you have evidence that we are intolerant towards our loved ones post again.

nnomad
24th January 2012, 17:32
i dont understand why so many people fall for this, " red top " sensationalist tabloid press led, intolerance of immigrants, whatever type,, it is the bankers , financiaers , leaders of massive international conglomorates , oil barrens and the likes , who are not just milking but blatentlly ripping off , not just this but all countries all over the world with scant regard for population or enviroment !!!!!!!!! wake up before it is too late !!!

Pete/London
24th January 2012, 18:03
it is the bankers , financiaers , leaders of massive international conglomorates , oil barrens and the likes , who are not just milking but blatentlly ripping off , not just this but all countries all over the world with scant regard for population or enviroment !!!!!!!!! wake up before it is too late !!!

As well as what`s already been said I think you will find that most of us on here are just as intolerant of the above mentioned, and have said so on numerous occasions.

grahamw48
24th January 2012, 18:14
You obviously haven't read and considered properly any of the answers given to you here, let alone the threads you have referred to.

Either you're totally stupid, a troll or both. :NoNo:

Dedworth
24th January 2012, 18:23
You obviously haven't read and considered properly any of the answers given to you here, let alone the threads you have referred to.

Todays Hitting The Nail on The Head Award once again goes to Graham

Neu75
24th January 2012, 18:52
No intolerance whatsoever towards any legal immigrants,cut and paste a few examples please?Massive public intolerance towards the illegals who are sucking the lifeblood of this country,chipping away at the culture of this country,and generally taking the p*ss from the moment they arrive playing the race card and the human rights act to their own ends,the UK general public,everyone in my circle of friends and those I interact with on a daily basis are all sick of rampant illegal economic immigrants,back of a lorry jobbies who come here for a free ride and to milk the system,and rightly so,if we all broke laws that didnt suit us where would we be then?:rolleyes: I think after a guesstimated one million illegals tolerance takes a back seat and common sense should drive.

My point is that the general tone here is, in my opinion, one of intolerance.
I was hoping for a forum that concentrated on issues concerned with the Philippines.
I will not get into a debate on individual posts because that is divisive.
I think that, as we have ladies from the Philippines in our lives, we should be more optimistic about life in general.
I will pop in here occasionally but the general tone of threads at the moment leaves me cold :doh
Maybe it will change, I don't know :cwm3:

stevie c
24th January 2012, 18:56
Neu75
I quite frankly find your comments ridiculous, annoying & very disrespectfull :cwm23:

Please try to read & take notice of members posts here in future as you will soon find yourself a very unpopular member :NoNo:

Neu75
24th January 2012, 18:58
i dont understand why so many people fall for this, " red top " sensationalist tabloid press led, intolerance of immigrants, whatever type,, it is the bankers , financiaers , leaders of massive international conglomorates , oil barrens and the likes , who are not just milking but blatentlly ripping off , not just this but all countries all over the world with scant regard for population or enviroment !!!!!!!!! wake up before it is too late !!!

+1.
:Hellooo: Now that is getting closer to the point.
You don't read the red tops obviously :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
24th January 2012, 19:00
, we should be more optimistic about life in general.
Always optomistic mate,life is better than the alternative but sometimes bad-news days spark off a reaction,sorry about that:)

Neu75
24th January 2012, 19:02
Neu75
I quite frankly find your comments ridiculous, annoying & very disrespectfull :cwm23:

Please try to read & take notice of members posts here in future as you will soon find yourself a very unpopular member :NoNo:

Sorry if my post was disrespectful in your way of thinking.
I was making what I thought was a valid observation about the emphasis on immigrants when I was hoping it was about Philippines-related issues.

tone
24th January 2012, 19:21
I think you will see that everyone here is very respectful to anyone and everyone who plays by the rules.

I personally get really upset at the reports in the news relating to the status of illegal immigrants taking our hard earned tax and wasting it - I myself am an immigrant and I certainly dont find or have any issues with the posts here - and as with others I bought my beautiful Filipina here to the UK to marry, but we followed the rules and in doing so have paid a lot of money and had to jump through quite a few hoops.

Everyone has their own point of view - air yours but as ever we should always digest posts first before making comments - you make some of us almost sound racist even though I am sure you dont mean to be:Wave:

Tone

Dedworth
24th January 2012, 19:22
My point is that the general tone here is, in my opinion, one of intolerance.
I was hoping for a forum that concentrated on issues concerned with the Philippines.
I will not get into a debate on individual posts because that is divisive.
I think that, as we have ladies from the Philippines in our lives, we should be more optimistic about life in general.
I will pop in here occasionally but the general tone of threads at the moment leaves me cold :doh
Maybe it will change, I don't know :cwm3:

I'm proud to be intolerant of criminals and illegal immigrant scumbags. There are many accurate news reports requiring wider circulation showing how far into the abyss this country has sunk due to mass illegal immigration, scheming and incompetent politicians, benefit fraudsters, blind adherence to perceived human rights legislation, soft attitude to law breakers etc etc.

You need to read a bit more into this forum there are thousands of posts concerned with the Philippines. Here's a Philippine topic for you to consider - How tolerant is the Philippines ? much the same as the limp wristed UK perhaps ? Next time you go there why not do a practical test and torch their flag in public.

imagine
24th January 2012, 19:23
we all discuss a number of different topics on here not always in connection with philippines,
we all enjoy our debates , and share our views, in itself its an ideal way to get to know each other,
for all the time iv been comming to this forum, i find everyone open and honest with there opinions,
we all have our own opinions on different subjects, i dont believe anyone here is intolerant to imigrants who live here leagaly and have respect of our culture,intergrate, and contibute to our society,

KeithD
24th January 2012, 20:15
Nearly 400,000 posts, been around 10 years, and helped 1000's of Filipina's out in that time, I'd say we're very tolerant of all legal immigrants no matter what country, color or faith.

As for illegals, the majority admit they headed to the UK for the money, otherwise they'd stop off at other countries. Germany & France take in more illegals than we do and you'll find they are even less tolerant of them than us Brits. Real asylum seekers are fine, it is the muppets who try to screw the system and take us all for a ride that annoys us as if you've had to bring a fiancee/wife here from the Philippines you'd know how difficult and expensive it is these days due to all the laws/rules to try and stop illegals.

Doc Alan
24th January 2012, 21:20

No forum member should be intolerant of spelling errors. Out of respect, however, it's worth avoiding offence - or more likely amusement - by using the right words :
* The archipelago was first called " Las Islas Filipinas " after Crown Prince Philip II (Spanish Felipe II), later King Philip II.
* When it was an American colony it was mostly called the " Philippine Islands ", or " Philippines ". Since independence in 1946 the official name is " Republic of the Philippines / Republika ng Pilipinas ".
* Pilipino / Tagalog is the official language, together with English. There are many local languages ( which don't have the " f " sound ).
* Filipina is a female; filipino is a male, or the " unisex " term for people of the Philippines, or also the name for the language.

Several members - including me - are Scottish or Scots. They may also be amused - but not intolerant unless Scotland becomes independent - if they're called " Scotch ". That term, legally defined, refers to whisky ( not whiskey which is Irish ), beef and lamb. As a verb, scotch means " decisively put an end to ... " such as incorrect use of words.

Steve.r
24th January 2012, 21:43
You have a lovely way with words Al :icon_lol:

grahamw48
24th January 2012, 21:48
...and calling me a 'Yorkie' is fine, but not to be confused with the 'Yorkie' chocolate bar', also emanating from my home city. :)

Being called 'Yorkshire Puddin' is also not appreciated by our larger residents.

stevie c
24th January 2012, 21:51
...and calling me a 'Yorkie' is fine, but not to be confused with the 'Yorkie' chocolate bar', also emanating from my home city. :)

Being called 'Yorkshire Puddin' is also not appreciated by our larger residents.

Also the dog breed called yorkie which is yorkshire terrier for short :D

Neu75
24th January 2012, 22:44
No forum member should be intolerant of spelling errors. Out of respect, however, it's worth avoiding offence - or more likely amusement - by using the right words :
* The archipelago was first called " Las Islas Filipinas " after Crown Prince Philip II (Spanish Felipe II), later King Philip II.
* When it was an American colony it was mostly called the " Philippine Islands ", or " Philippines ". Since independence in 1946 the official name is " Republic of the Philippines / Republika ng Pilipinas ".
* Pilipino / Tagalog is the official language, together with English. There are many local languages ( which don't have the " f " sound ).
* Filipina is a female; filipino is a male, or the " unisex " term for people of the Philippines, or also the name for the language.

Several members - including me - are Scottish or Scots. They may also be amused - but not intolerant unless Scotland becomes independent - if they're called " Scotch ". That term, legally defined, refers to whisky ( not whiskey which is Irish ), beef and lamb. As a verb, scotch means " decisively put an end to ... " such as incorrect use of words.

You're very observant doc(tor) :icon_lol:
Thanx for the reply :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neu75
24th January 2012, 22:51

I did see models of trolls in Norway once when on holiday.
How dare you call me one of them, my nose is half the size but with the same amount of pimples :icon_lol:
I am also not totally stupid, just partially :laugher:
Quick to insult people aren't you?
Relax mate and kiss your Philippino wife, I'm sure she will calm you down :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neu75
24th January 2012, 22:53
Neu75

Where is she? :icon_lol: I prefer popular ones. :icon_lol:

Rosie1958
24th January 2012, 22:55
Oh dear :doh

Steve.r
24th January 2012, 22:56
I did see models of trolls in Norway once when on holiday.
How dare you call me one of them, my nose is half the size but with the same amount of pimples :icon_lol:
I am also not totally stupid, just partially :laugher:
Quick to insult people aren't you?
Relax mate and kiss your Philippino wife, I'm sure she will calm you down :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Graham is not married, but I am, and my wife is currently 7000 miles away because of the system emposed by the government who make it so difficult for our loved ones to come here. I wish I could kiss her now, but I can't. Have a nice evening Neu

Neu75
24th January 2012, 22:57
Nearly 400,000 posts, been around 10 years, and helped 1000's of Filipina's out in that time, I'd say we're very tolerant of all legal immigrants no matter what country, color or faith.

As for illegals, the majority admit they headed to the UK for the money, otherwise they'd stop off at othe countries. Germany & France take in more illegals than we do and you'll find they are even less tolerant of them than us Brits. Real asylum seekers are fine, it is the muppets who try to screw the system and take us all for a ride that annoys us as if you've had to bring a fiancee/wife here from the Philippines you'd know how difficult and expensive it is these days due to all the laws/rules to try and stop illegals.

Thanks for the reply.
How much did it cost you?
I am thinking of doing this in the next year or two.......
By the way, you look like you need a square meal from your picture :icon_lol:

Neu75
24th January 2012, 23:03
Always optomistic mate,life is better than the alternative but sometimes bad-news days spark off a reaction,sorry about that:)

No problem mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:
With a boat like that, life must be fun
I'll be over tomorrow with my skipper's hat on, hopefully we'll leave the marina and be real sea dogs :Rasp:

Neu75
24th January 2012, 23:08
I'm proud to be intolerant of criminals and illegal immigrant scumbags. There are many accurate news reports requiring wider circulation showing how far into the abyss this country has sunk due to mass illegal immigration, scheming and incompetent politicians, benefit fraudsters, blind adherence to perceived human rights legislation, soft attitude to law breakers etc etc.

You need to read a bit more into this forum there are thousands of posts concerned with the Philippines. Here's a Philippine topic for you to consider - How tolerant is the Philippines ? much the same as the limp wristed UK perhaps ? Next time you go there why not do a practical test and torch their flag in public.

Thanks for the reply.
I would not burn any flag :NoNo:
Have you been to the Philippines many times?

nnomad
24th January 2012, 23:13
yep ,, the " red tops ", or more exactly their proprieters, will be happy, they got everyone bitching about the poor immigrant, ripping off the tax payer, when in reality the money which they scam is hardly enough to pay for one yacht in the harbour of Monacco , or one luxury pad in the Bahamas !!!!!!!!!

nnomad
24th January 2012, 23:17
as some others may have noticed,, our honourable ex leader tony blair ( not worthy of capitols in his name ) paid a paltry 300,000 tax on his 12million ( !!!!! ) earnings last year ,,,,,,,,, sorry, remind me again , who is grinding this country onto its knees ????????

Englishman2010
24th January 2012, 23:22
yep ,, the " red tops ", or more exactly their proprieters, will be happy, they got everyone bitching about the poor immigrant, ripping off the tax payer, when in reality the money which they scam is hardly enough to pay for one yacht in the harbour of Monacco , or one luxury pad in the Bahamas !!!!!!!!!

Dont have a go at the rich:doh Whilst they may avoid paying personal income tax where they can (which is wrong), they own business' in the UK which employ millions of people who all pay tax and NI into our system, money the government use to run our country. If the rich didnt own business' in the UK and employ people there would be no one working and the country would go bankrupt pretty soon.

I'm no lover of the millionaire bankers and billionaire business owners who avoid taxes, but they do play a vital function in the UK economy. I'd far rather we had these employing people than the alternative - No work for anyone or we become a communist country and head back to the dark ages:rolleyes:

grahamw48
24th January 2012, 23:25
as some others may have noticed,, our honourable ex leader tony blair ( not worthy of capitols in his name ) paid a paltry 300,000 tax on his 12million ( !!!!! ) earnings last year ,,,,,,,,, sorry, remind me again , who is grinding this country onto its knees ????????

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8773/aloneanddepressed130550.png

tone
24th January 2012, 23:42
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8773/aloneanddepressed130550.png

There are only two words needed one starts with F and the other rhyms with anchor...

juvyjones28
25th January 2012, 03:41

Please read once again what Doc Alan posted. :doh:NoNo::icon_lol:

I am proud of my husband because he write the right term for me as his Filipino wife :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

nnomad
25th January 2012, 09:00
Dont have a go at the rich:doh Whilst they may avoid paying personal income tax where they can (which is wrong), they own business' in the UK which employ millions of people who all pay tax and NI into our system, money the government use to run our country. If the rich didnt own business' in the UK and employ people there would be no one working and the country would go bankrupt pretty soon.

I'm no lover of the millionaire bankers and billionaire business owners who avoid taxes, but they do play a vital function in the UK economy. I'd far rather we had these employing people than the alternative - No work for anyone or we become a communist country and head back to the dark ages:rolleyes:

vodafone alone owe 16 million in unpaid taxes, which they show no intensions of paying , i dont know the exact figures, but i bet that is more than all their employees put together pay in tax annually !!!!

joebloggs
25th January 2012, 12:02
some of you might have noticed i've been posting more threads about whats in the news, I'm only posting what is out there, dont blame the messenger :doh.

thou some of the threads i do comment on, the court of criminal rights, those who abuse the system becuase i know honest and decent Brits on here who have been refused a visa or are having to wait many months before they can apply to reduce the risks of refusal :NoNo:

the system is unfair and its only right people are aware of whats going on :NoNo:

tone
25th January 2012, 14:07
some of you might have noticed i've been posting more threads about whats in the news, I'm only posting what is out there, dont blame the messenger :doh.

thou some of the threads i do comment on, the court of criminal rights, those who abuse the system becuase i know honest and decent Brits on here who have been refused a visa or are having to wait many months before they can apply to reduce the risks of refusal :NoNo:

the system is unfair and its only right people are aware of whats going on :NoNo:

Ahaaaa so it your fault for stirring the pot eh - I am only joking - I echo your sentiments - and I think these posts are very relevant to the main agenda we have here, after all I guess most of us found this site because we wondered how the hell we bring our Filipina/Filipino mates to the UK to enjoy a life together...

I was searching TOEIC when I stumbled accross this great place..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tone

Neu75
25th January 2012, 15:00

Thanks for your reply which was courteous.
As I said at the start, the general feeling to me was depressing when I looked at the subject matter.
I can imagine that a lot of people have been helped here...

Arthur Little
25th January 2012, 16:04
I can imagine that a lot of people have been helped here...

... indeed they HAVE! I'm glad you finally recognise that. ;) That's why so many of our members were dismayed :angry: to read your opening remarks on this thread. MOST bend over backwards to help those battling against Government restrictions on bringing their loved ones here lawfully :rolleyes: ... restrictions which only became necessary because of an ever~increasing number of would~be immigrants' attempts to enter :Britain: illegally. And therein lies our sole reason for any so-called "intolerance".

Dedworth
25th January 2012, 16:13
Well said Arthur

Zero Tolerance - you know it makes sense :)

Arthur Little
25th January 2012, 16:37
Well said Arthur

:) Thanks for your backing ...

Zero Tolerance - you know it makes sense :)

... :iagree: a robust approach IS needed :anerikke: ... there's little "room" [literally!] for softer alternatives.

Tawi2
25th January 2012, 17:38
Zero Tolerance - you know it makes sense
:icon_lol: Are you related to Ray Mallon?:icon_lol:

nnomad
25th January 2012, 18:52
i guess there is an understandable intolerence to those who exploit or use the system,, but if we are concerned about who or what is destroying this country then jumping on easy unjustified scapegoats is not the way to go,,,the aim of our intolerence should be concentrated on those who are ripping off and destroying our country , and the rest of the world, for their own selfish gain,,,,,,,,, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, the ratio of the best earners to the average earners used to be 12 times,,, it is now 144 times !!!!!!!!!!!

tone
25th January 2012, 19:33
the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, the ratio of the best earners to the average earners used to be 12 times,,, it is now 144 times !!!!!!!!!!!

I keep hearing this and typically its because of one thing...

The rich keep doing whatever it was that made them rich (except maybe some lottery winners and similar types) and the poor - well they obviously are not doing enough that can convert them to rich, although thats a WILD, WILD generalisation.
No one wants to be poor, but everyone has the same tackle to start with - a body, legs, arms and a head and thats the difference - the head! Attitude, education etc will make you richer - but you can only become richer by making oneself better - I know this doesnt work in 100% of examples but its a principle of success, although I think its wrong to say success and wealth go together like fish and chips! :)

I am sure there are many examples where someone got poorer due to a bad decision, but lets put it really simply, if I sell cars and you start a car business accross the street - one of us is going to be more successful than the other.. one will be richer and one will be poorer!
like a game of football someone will lose and someone will win.
Success = Wealth (usually) and attitude-commitment = nothing (always).
The stupid thing is that the bankers are getting paid big bucks for very bad decisions and the knock on is the public bailing them out - this is an anomoly but it is there and it upsets us all...

I guess my point is you cant say rich get richer and poor get poorer and the divide gets wider - because individuals have to judge themselves!
what I can see is that a lot of unfortunate people are out of work who want to work and a lot of people are lazy :Sex: who wish to live off the tax payers...

Terpe
25th January 2012, 20:41
Hi,

What do you think?

Hmm, missed your post somehow.
I'm sorry to learn that's your impression and feeing. I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but hey, we're all different.
Maybe you're just drawn to reading posts that focus on emotive and political issues that will usually involve strong opinions.

One of the issues with freedom of speech is that you often need to develop a thick skin and feel confident in your own frame of reference.

There are a great many threads and posts that focus on issues concerned with visa applications, life in UK and life in Philippines.
Just my opinion, but I get the feeling that most members here are optimistic and excited about life and new experiences and willing to share that with others.
That's what I like about this forum, it's respectful informative and loyally supported with good humour.
Well that's my opinion anyway. Obviously you have your reasons to find a different theme, and well, that's OK too.

This is a pretty cool place for all those people with common issues, interests and challenges. It's a great place to make new friends and learn new things
and Without such a diverse membership it would certainly be a bleaker place. Long may it continue

A special interest community forum like this is just like a neighborhood. Neighbors help each other, support each other, but never DEMAND from each other.
To do that would eventually mean that one does not have any neighbors that can be counted on in the future. We want to avoid that. If you don't like the topic or the freedoms expressed don't read it, if you have no motivation to comment or contribute then don't, it's a free choice. But don't expect to shoot down those diverse and passionate members who wish to express and debate their view without getting some honest feedback

Diversity is the spice of life.... Right?

In our forum (our online community) we try to focus on giving, helping and sharing.
We should all help each other, right?

I do hope you'll stop by once in a while and like everybody else jump in if you're interested or if you can help from your experience.

Try to avoid politics and religion :D

I usually do. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
25th January 2012, 20:48
Thanks for the reply.
How much did it cost you?
I am thinking of doing this in the next year or two.......
By the way, you look like you need a square meal from your picture :icon_lol:

Thats a bit below the belt commenting on someones personal appearance.

Especially as it is keith the boss you have commented on a big no no imo :NoNo:

KeithD
25th January 2012, 22:17
Thats a bit below the belt commenting on someones personal appearance.

Especially as it is keith the boss you have commented on a big no no imo :NoNo:

He's talking about my avatar ;)

stevie c
25th January 2012, 22:21
He's talking about my avatar ;)

Ok sorry boss i thought he was mischief making silly me :omg::doh

KeithD
25th January 2012, 22:26
Ok sorry boss i thought he was mischief making silly me :omg::doh

He still is!! :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
25th January 2012, 22:54
vodafone alone owe 16 million in unpaid taxes, which they show no intensions of paying , i dont know the exact figures, but i bet that is more than all their employees put together pay in tax annually !!!!

16 million, i suspect that Vodafones employees pay far more than that:doh

You're really missing the point here. All companies in the UK who employ people also have to pay an average of 14% NI on their employees earnings, this is in addition to any corporation tax they pay on profits and also in addition to the 12.8% NI the employees pay on their middle band earnings and of course the income tax they pay. I'm not bothered if the owners of these companies live in Bermuda or the Caymans and don't pay income tax themselves. The Employers NI which is levied on companies adds tens of billions a year into the UK treasury which is far more than their own personal tax would be.

Private sector employers are the only organisations creating wealth and adding to our economy, public sector employers spend the tax money that is generated by the private sector.

Whether any of us like it or not, the economy needs billionaire entrepeneurs to invest in businesses in the UK and employ people in the UK. If foreign domiciled UK business owners withdrew their UK investments, unemployment would head towards 10 million very quickly.

What are you suggesting? nationalisation of every single business that employs more than 10 people, communism, or anarchism:doh

Englishman2010
25th January 2012, 23:09
i guess there is an understandable intolerence to those who exploit or use the system,, but if we are concerned about who or what is destroying this country then jumping on easy unjustified scapegoats is not the way to go,,,the aim of our intolerence should be concentrated on those who are ripping off and destroying our country , and the rest of the world, for their own selfish gain,,,,,,,,, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, the ratio of the best earners to the average earners used to be 12 times,,, it is now 144 times !!!!!!!!!!!

Russia and China, once the great bastions of communism have dropped it in favor of a more capitalist system, because they eventually realised that communism doesn't work. If everyone is paid the same, there is no incentive for anyone to work hard. Consequently people become lazy because they get paid the same anyway. The net result of this is productivity falls and eventually there isn't enough food to feed the masses.

A capitalist system does mean that the rich get richer, but it also means that the average man gets richer too. I'm not saying capitalism is perfect, and like many people I think the bankers and hedge fund cowboys are leaches, but the reality is I bet all of us here are better off than their parents were, and whatever we say about the poor in this country, they aren't poor - just look at what they have got compared to the average Filipino

Dedworth
26th January 2012, 01:29
but if we are concerned about who or what is destroying this country then jumping on easy unjustified scapegoats is not the way to go,

For the benefit of all would you please expand on who these "easy unjustified scapegoats" actually are

grahamw48
26th January 2012, 10:20
Criminals ? :Erm:

Steve.r
26th January 2012, 10:33
Illegal immigrants ?

Englishman2010
26th January 2012, 12:47
Paedo's, perverts and kiddie sex groomers?

Dedworth
26th January 2012, 14:26
All the above (#57,58 &59) are unfortunate & exploited who need to be helped in the eyes of the handwringing bleeding heart liberals

nnomad may be aposhark in disguise :D

joebloggs
26th January 2012, 14:38
nnomad may be aposhark in disguise :D

your mystic meg powers Dedworth - you could well be right, mrshark or Northerner :rolleyes:

:Wave:

Tawi2
26th January 2012, 14:51
Northerner
Not Sean mate,he is probably living in happily wedded bliss nowadays,he was always a decent sort of bloke,I think time has moved on for everyone :)

Arthur Little
26th January 2012, 18:37
your mystic meg powers Dedworth - you could well be right, mrshark or Northerner :rolleyes:

:Wave:

Hmm ... well ... :anerikke: he IS a nnomad, after all! :rolleyes: Could've easily "WANDERED" across from the "other side".

Dedworth
26th January 2012, 19:18
:icon_lol: Are you related to Ray Mallon?:icon_lol:

RoboCop - Top Man :xxgrinning--00xx3: He's wasted as Mayor of smoggy 'Boro - should be Home Secretary

Tawi2
26th January 2012, 19:29
He's wasted as Mayor of smoggy
I always liked him,no nonesense and always an air of gravitas,straight down the line without deviation,he is wasted up there actually,his wrist isnt limp so he should be head of UKBA :)

grahamw48
26th January 2012, 20:28
Please forgive us for not welcoming this sort of culture and belief system into our country....oh, too late they're already here. :rolleyes:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3414607/Pretty-Afghan-woman-had-her-nose-hacked-off-after-fleeing-arranged-marriage.html

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-12-22/world/pakistan.harsh.justice_1_anti-terror-laws-two-men-high-court?_s=PM:WORLD