PDA

View Full Version : Shock News.Maternity Staff Praised.

Pete/London
29th January 2012, 12:23
My daughter gave birth to her 3rd child in the early hours of Sat morn and had nothing but praise for the nursing staff and midwives.

I was first called to take her to hospital at 1.45 am (her husband cant drive here) and when I arrived she told me it was a false alarm.Went back home 20 mins away, just took my coat off and got the call that her waters had broke. Got them into the hospital in time and a couple of hours later heard the good news.

She has been nominated as the mother of the week by the staff for producing the largest baby, a 5.3 kilo
or 11.7llbs boy, not fat but long. She said the staff were great and it was a relaxed birth in the pool.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

haileylovely
29th January 2012, 13:21
:xxparty-smiley-050::baby1:

CONGRATULATIONS WELCOME THE WORLD BABY:Jump::Jump::Jump:

mickcant
29th January 2012, 13:22
Pete, all the best to your daughter and her husband:xxgrinning--00xx3:
That is a big boy:doh

It is good to hear a good outcome of going into hospital:heartshape1:
Mick.:)

Terpe
29th January 2012, 18:05
............ 5.3 kilo or 11.7llbs boy, not fat but long.......

Well congratulations lolo :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now that is a big lad :)

stevie c
29th January 2012, 18:13
congratulations :Jump:

Arthur Little
29th January 2012, 20:28
:olddude: ... well done to your daughter, Pete ... and Congratulations, Grandad :appl: ... again!!! Delighted all went well! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
29th January 2012, 20:36
congratulations grandad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
29th January 2012, 20:43
She has been nominated as the mother of the week by the staff for producing the largest baby, a 5.3 kilo
or 11.7llbs boy, not fat but long. She said the staff were great and it was a relaxed birth in the pool.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm24: ... wow ... 11lb. 7oz. ... that sure IS one :BouncyHappy: bouncing !:baby1: boy!

Arthur Little
29th January 2012, 21:02
And NOW ... I'm away to watch Episode 2 of ... yes ... (you've guessed!) "Call the Midwife". ;)

Pete/London
29th January 2012, 22:04
Thanks all,
Mother and baby doing well and Daddy is so good.

Most of the midwives have never seen a big baby and were all turning up to have a look. :icon_lol:

Rosie1958
30th January 2012, 00:20
My daughter gave birth to her 3rd child in the early hours of Sat morn and had nothing but praise for the nursing staff and midwives.

I was first called to take her to hospital at 1.45 am (her husband cant drive here) and when I arrived she told me it was a false alarm.Went back home 20 mins away, just took my coat off and got the call that her waters had broke. Got them into the hospital in time and a couple of hours later heard the good news.

Good grief, what a huge baby boy!!! Congratulations Grandad Pete, I hope that your daughter is able to make a speedy recovery :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
30th January 2012, 00:25
And NOW ... I'm away to watch Episode 2 of ... yes ... (you've guessed!) "Call the Midwife". ;)

You must have missed one Arthur as it was episode 3 this week. :xxgrinning--00xx3: We didn't see my partner's 11 year old son in this week's episode but the series has proved so popular that they are making another and he has been called back for more filming in the summer.:D

Arthur Little
30th January 2012, 00:39
You must have missed one Arthur as it was episode 3 this week. :xxgrinning--00xx3: We didn't see my partner's 11 year old son in this week's episode but the series has proved so popular that they are making another and he has been called back for more filming in the summer.:D

:cwm24: ... now isn't that a strange coincidence! I've just this minute dashed off a response to your recent thread, Rosie.

Yup ... with this being Episode 3 ... I MUST'VE missed the first two episodes, right enough.

Ah well, :anerikke: here's to the next one! :xxgrinning--00xx3: