PDA

View Full Version : Paying online for visa application

briancol
3rd February 2012, 17:11
Today my wife submitted her visa application online, i wanted to pay online but no where during the application process did it give the option of paying,.so now im going to have to send to my wife over 58000 peso through western union,they will charge the earth,and i dont like the idea of my wife traveling to Manila with well over that amount in her purse.has anyone any idea if i can still pay online for the application from here in the UK.how,where? thanks.

raynaputi
3rd February 2012, 17:21
no way you can pay for the visa fee online..

Paying your visa application fee

You can pay your visa application fee in any of the following ways:

- By cash only over the counter at the Union Bank Pasong Tamo Branch. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.
The bank's address is:

Union Bank
Ground Floor
Kingswood Arcade Vito Cruz Ext. corner Pasong Tamo,
Makati City

- By cash only over the counter at any other branch of the Union Bank. There is a service charge of Php 150.00 per visa application. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.

- By manager's cheque obtained from any bank registered in the Philippines. Cheques should be made payable to the 'British Embassy'. Only managers' cheques with the correct fee and payable to 'British Embassy' will be accepted. There is a bank charge when you purchase a manager's cheque which varies from bank to bank. You should ensure that you obtain a receipt.

The visa application fee payment cannot be paid at the visa application centre. We will not refund your fee if your application is unsuccessful.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/applying/?langname=UK%20English

lastlid
3rd February 2012, 17:24
Yes. We applied in September and I looked into that every which way, but there was no way that I could pay electronically. I was also worried about my wife carrying so much money. In the end she simply had to collect it from Moneygram and carry it to the nearest Union Bank. She took her sister with her, just in case and picked a Moneygram close to a Union bank.

She didnt have to travel to Manila, just her local Union bank. And kept the receipt for VFS.

Why one cant pay, as an option, the UKBA directly by card, here in the UK, I just do not know. Amazing.

If one had a bank account with Union bank then maybe it would be a lot easier......

briancol
3rd February 2012, 19:11
hmmm,thank you for the replies,at least,now i know, must find out if theres union bank in Butuan.
where shes living at the minute.
but what does that mean?
( The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.)if you dont submit your application within 10 days of paying into the bank you lose the money? anyway my wife has already submited her application today,does that matter,is it still ok to pay at union bank? & who do they make it out to, the 'British embassy' that sounds a bit iffy.

briancol
3rd February 2012, 19:38
who did she/the bank make it out to? did she not give a referencce number.? it sounds a bit iffy to me. "heres 58,230 peso,pay it to the British embassy.

briancol
3rd February 2012, 19:38
Yes. We applied in September and I looked into that every which way, but there was no way that I could pay electronically. I was also worried about my wife carrying so much money. In the end she simply had to collect it from Moneygram and carry it to the nearest Union Bank. She took her sister with her, just in case and picked a Moneygram close to a Union bank.

She didnt have to travel to Manila, just her local Union bank. And kept the receipt for VFS.

Why one cant pay, as an option, the UKBA directly by card, here in the UK, I just do not know. Amazing.

If one had a bank account with Union bank then maybe it would be a lot easier......

who did she/the bank make it out to? did she not give a referencce number.? it sounds a bit iffy to me. "heres 58,230 peso,pay it to the British embassy.

briancol
3rd February 2012, 20:58
MY WIFE SUBMITTED HER ONLINE APPLICATION TODAY,3RD FEB 2012,SHE HAS MADE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 22nd FEB, DOES SHE PAY AT UNION BANK NOW,AND KEEP THE RECEIPT OR WAIT UNTILL 10 DAYS BEFORE THE 22nd TO PAY.? this 10 days thing has confused me. and seems theres no way to contact the VFS, by email.

raynaputi
3rd February 2012, 21:29
10 days validity of payment meaning after ten days that you paid the fee, it isn't valid anymore..so to be sure it's valid upon submission of documents and application to the VFS, pay less than 10 days before that date.

Sim11UK
3rd February 2012, 21:35
MY WIFE SUBMITTED HER ONLINE APPLICATION TODAY,3RD FEB 2012,SHE HAS MADE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 22nd FEB, DOES SHE PAY AT UNION BANK NOW,AND KEEP THE RECEIPT OR WAIT UNTILL 10 DAYS BEFORE THE 22nd TO PAY.? this 10 days thing has confused me. and seems theres no way to contact the VFS, by email.

Not quite sure about the 10 day thing, without looking it up? but my wife paid a few days before the appointment.
Pay within the 10 days before and you'll be alright, would be my advice.
Just keep hold of and produce the receipt at the appointment.

I can see you are agitated, quite rightly, so I hope you can relax a little bit now.

Good luck! with it all. :)

raynaputi
3rd February 2012, 21:37
Not quite sure about the 10 day thing, without looking it up? but my wife paid a few days before the appointment.
Pay within the 10 days before and you'll be alright, would be my advice.
Just keep hold of and produce the receipt at the appointment.

I can see you are agitated, quite rightly, so I hope you can relax a little bit now.

Good luck! with it all. :)

Hi Sim,

I posted in post#2 about that 10 days validity of the payment and it's from UKBA website ;)

Sim11UK
3rd February 2012, 21:41
Hi Sim,

I posted in post#2 about that 10 days validity of the payment and it's from UKBA website ;)

You're absolutely right, I missed that. :doh :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yanghwa
3rd February 2012, 23:35
Hi everybody, can i ask a question because i am still little confuse. Example: if I submitte my online application on 1st of march and my appointment is march 28... When I must pay the fees? Thank you all

raynaputi
3rd February 2012, 23:44
just pay it a few days before march 28..march 20 onwards would be better..

briancol
3rd February 2012, 23:59
ok,thank you all once again,although we/she has submitted her application already and got an appointment for the 22nd Feb,we will wait untill 10 days before that date/her appointment to pay.thank you very much.and yes SIM11UK you are right i am agitated by all of this,coz its just one thing after another,there seems to be no end in sight.

yanghwa
4th February 2012, 00:00
Now it's clear for me, because we argue of my husband bout the 10 days validity... He really don't understand and it's not clear for him but anyway thank you very much Raynaputi.....

briancol
4th February 2012, 12:15
my wife wants me to ask if anyone know a decent but not expensive hotel in manila where she can stay while shes there for her UKBA appointment. oh and does anyone know how long the intherview lasts. she wants to leave manila as soon as possible.

lastlid
4th February 2012, 12:23
There is no interview. Evidently there used to be interviews but not these days. Just a case of submitting the paperwork in person. Use the VIP option and it takes no more than 20 minutes with a fixed appointment of your choosing within just a day or two of your phone call to them. The VIP option is 1800 pesos and you get immediate attention, air conditioning, and some refreshments thrown in. Expensive yes, but worth it if your beloved has a long journey to VFS with a large parcel of paperwork under her arm in 30 degrees of heat.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html#1

yanghwa
4th February 2012, 13:20
There is no interview. Evidently there used to be interviews but not these days. Just a case of submitting the paperwork in person. Use the VIP option and it takes no more than 20 minutes with a fixed appointment of your choosing within just a day or two of your phone call to them. The VIP option is 1800 pesos and you get immediate attention, air conditioning, and some refreshments thrown in. Expensive yes, but worth it if your beloved has a long journey to VFS with a large parcel of paperwork under her arm in 30 degrees of heat.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html#1

Hi lastlid, If you don't mind, I have a question. If there no interview after submitting the document in UKBA Manila, will they call me from the information stated on my document and conduct the interview? is it 100 percent they will call me for interview or will they only call If there is a problem with my papers. ? Sorry lastlid if I have a lots of question, I just wanna be sure before I submit my application... Thank you in advance....

Yang:)

briancol
4th February 2012, 13:23
yea except she has already made her appointment yesterday,for the 22nd Feb,and her passport is being renewed at the moment,she doesnt get the new one untill the 17th Feb,the only documemts she has are the ones i left with her in November when i was there,and its not a really large parcel.but heavy enough i suppose considering the traveling. but is it possible to do it all in one day, arrive,go to VFS,catch flight home?

raynaputi
4th February 2012, 13:41
Hi lastlid, If you don't mind, I have a question. If there no interview after submitting the document in UKBA Manila, will they call me from the information stated on my document and conduct the interview? is it 100 percent they will call me for interview or will they only call If there is a problem with my papers. ? Sorry lastlid if I have a lots of question, I just wanna be sure before I submit my application... Thank you in advance....

Yang:)

You won't be interviewed unless they need more info from you or they need more documents..but it would very rarely they'd do the interview..some members here just got a call or email about additional documents if it was needed..

Sim11UK
4th February 2012, 13:53
but is it possible to do it all in one day, arrive,go to VFS,catch flight home?

I doubt it, you'd be really pushing it and it would be too stressful, for your wife/fiance?

I paid for my wife and her friend to fly up to Manila and they stayed 2 nights, so nothing was a rush and so they could go and seek out where VFS was...One night should do it though.

http://www.eurotel-hotel.com/makati.html

yanghwa
4th February 2012, 14:31
You won't be interviewed unless they need more info from you or they need more documents..but it would very rarely they'd do the interview..some members here just got a call or email about additional documents if it was needed..

Thank you for your reply raynaputi...God bless u....:)

lastlid
4th February 2012, 15:41
yea except she has already made her appointment yesterday,for the 22nd Feb,and her passport is being renewed at the moment,she doesnt get the new one untill the 17th Feb,the only documemts she has are the ones i left with her in November when i was there,and its not a really large parcel.but heavy enough i suppose considering the traveling. but is it possible to do it all in one day, arrive,go to VFS,catch flight home?

If you phone the VIP section of VFS they will cancel your original appointment when booking with them.

briancol
4th February 2012, 16:16
I doubt it, you'd be really pushing it and it would be too stressful, for your wife/fiance?

I paid for my wife and her friend to fly up to Manila and they stayed 2 nights, so nothing was a rush and so they could go and seek out where VFS was...One night should do it though.

is that link to the hotel they stayed at,is it near the VSF,OFFICE,.?
ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME THE ADDRESS,COZ I LOOKED IT UP AND IT GIVES TWO ADDRESS, (Address UK VFS Visa Application Centre
VFS Services Philippines Private Inc 6th Floor, Eco Plaza Building Unit 606 Pasong Tamo Extension Makati City, Metro Manila Philippines) Then when i clicked on the 'location map' it says, 'NEW ADDRESS' OF THE VFS CENTRE WILL BE'
2305 Chico roces avenue. ?

raynaputi
4th February 2012, 16:19
The new name of Pasong Tamo Extension is Chino Roces Avenue Extension. It's the same address.

briancol
4th February 2012, 16:45
THANKS Ryanaputi. i noticed the building was the same but street name was diff, so though i'd better ask just to make sure. also,im doing all this searching from the UK,coz my wife isnt great on the internet,and shes a bit worried about going to Manila,.then i have to relay answers to her the next day,and if she asks another question i have to come back again asking more.the time difference makes it awkward.but thanks for ur patience.

Sim11UK
4th February 2012, 22:17
is that link to the hotel they stayed at,is it near the VSF,OFFICE,.?

Yes that is the Hotel they stayed in and it's a 10 - 15 min jeepney ride away.

Terpe
4th February 2012, 22:38

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know quite a few people who have used this hotel then recommended the hotel to others.
By all accounts a great choice

Belmontboy
7th February 2012, 23:27
If I recall, my wife (to be) paid for her visa at citibank as that was one recommended by the embassy. She then made appointment with embassy to submit papers and things progressed from there.

briancol
7th February 2012, 23:44
really,the website says at Union Bank only,no mention of City Bank.

burpiesbaby
8th February 2012, 04:44
They only accept manager's check now or deposit to any Union Bank branch as payment. I submitted my application on the 25th of January and availed of their VIP service which is PhP1,800 per application. Took only 30 minutes considering I submitted 2 applications (my son's and mine). I came in 30 minutes before my schedule and they entertained me right away because there was nobody scheduled before me. You get to eat as much Oreos and cakes as you want and have unlimited drinks. Might be a cheaper alternative to booking a hotel... This is a good option if you're not sure if you have all of your documents photocopied since they provide free photocopying and even have your picture for the application taken for free. They even allowed my mother to join us inside the lounge which is just a small room really with a minibar.

lastlid
8th February 2012, 10:37
They only accept manager's check now or deposit to any Union Bank branch as payment. I submitted my application on the 25th of January and availed of their VIP service which is PhP1,800 per application. Took only 30 minutes considering I submitted 2 applications (my son's and mine). I came in 30 minutes before my schedule and they entertained me right away because there was nobody scheduled before me. You get to eat as much Oreos and cakes as you want and have unlimited drinks. Might be a cheaper alternative to booking a hotel... This is a good option if you're not sure if you have all of your documents photocopied since they provide free photocopying and even have your picture for the application taken for free. They even allowed my mother to join us inside the lounge which is just a small room really with a minibar.

Yes, well worth it if you feel you can stretch the pesos in your pocket a little......when all is said and done it is a small fee in the context of the huge sums already outlayed.

briancol
8th February 2012, 17:15
thanks for that Burpies, but i already booked her flight two day ago, 21st to 23rd.so hotel it will have to be.

briancol
13th February 2012, 12:05
can someone tell me what my wife asks for when paying the visa payment into the union bank,is there an account number she should have,or does she just say shes paying it to the British Embassy? sounds very matter of fact to me.

lastlid
13th February 2012, 13:19
Quick reply.....I recall my wife stated British Embassy and also Spouse Visa which is what I seem to remember is in the UKBA blurb....have a quick squint....

I know what you mean about "matter of fact"...I can remember the process for payng for her CENOMAR was similar, took it to the bank and just told them it was for the NSO and for a CENOMAR. Seems to be the way it is done out there.

It is vital that you keep the receipt and take the receipt with you when you submit the application (your wife that is)...

lastlid
13th February 2012, 14:54
Again I paste an email reply from Tess at VFS on this very question and others.....

Dear Mr. LASTLID,

The new visa fee effective 08 Aug 2011 was Php 58,320.00. Cash is not accepted at the visa application centre but she can pay cash over the counter from any branches of Unionbank. No account number is needed, just inform the teller that you will be paying for the account of British Embassy. And kindly show a copy of the applicant's passport when paying.

Thank you

Tess

briancol
13th February 2012, 15:49
dont think you gave me that reply before Lastlid but i thank you for it now.:)

lastlid
13th February 2012, 16:06
dont think you gave me that reply before Lastlid but i thank you for it now.:)

Yes, it can take me a while to dig out some of this stuff.......