PDA

View Full Version : Is joint savings account really necessary for spouse visa application?

iamghee
4th February 2012, 08:00
I read several posts stating they have submitted joint bank accounts that makes me worried because my husband and I doesn't have a joint account here in the Philippines although he have about 4 savings accounts in the UK under his nam, we are planning to get my name added as AND OR on one of his savings accounts. We just got married in January 2012 and very very soon we are going to organize the requirements to get a spouse visa. I would appreciate if you can share what's your take on this.

sheriel
4th February 2012, 09:06
Where in the Philippines did you marry,and dont worry you do not have to have joint bank accs,to obtain Visa,wait for more replies from here and make up your own mind then :Wave:

tone
4th February 2012, 09:36
I've not heard you need a joint bank account for an entry visa.
Once you are here and need to obtain the Further Leave or indefinate leave then a joint account simply shows the UKBA one piece of evidence you are together.
Don't worry, usually you can't be added to an account here until you arrive and then show passport etc.
Tone

grahamw48
4th February 2012, 10:18
Your sponsor simply needs to demonstrate that he can support you financially when you arrive here....without the need for public funds ('welfare').

What type of bank accounts either of you have , if any, is totally irrelevant providing the above requirement is satisfied.

scottishbride
4th February 2012, 11:12
I read several posts stating they have submitted joint bank accounts that makes me worried because my husband and I doesn't have a joint account here in the Philippines although he have about 4 savings accounts in the UK under his nam, we are planning to get my name added as AND OR on one of his savings accounts. We just got married in January 2012 and very very soon we are going to organize the requirements to get a spouse visa. I would appreciate if you can share what's your take on this.

My husband and I was not in joint account when I applied for my spouse visa. Your husband needs to prove he can support you in the UK. So his bank account is enough evidence.

Terpe
4th February 2012, 11:52
As everyone has said, there is no requirement for a joint bank account. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

iamghee
5th February 2012, 09:19
Thank you all for your help :Jump:, I am so glad that there are still some nice people around especially on this forum, it seems like everybody is willing to help and share their experiences

Steve.r
5th February 2012, 09:24
Thank you all for your help :Jump:, I am so glad that there are still some nice people around especially on this forum, it seems like everybody is willing to help and share their experiences

Thats why we are here, congratulations on your wedding btw :Hellooo:

iamghee
5th February 2012, 09:29
Thats why we are here, congratulations on your wedding btw :Hellooo:

Thanks Steve :Wave: My husband's name is Steven, I just thought that you might have the same name :icon_lol:

Steve.r
5th February 2012, 09:35
Thanks Steve :Wave: My husband's name is Steven, I just thought that you might have the same name :icon_lol: I am a Stephen....... but only my wife and my mother call me that if I am naughty :xxaction-smiley-047:icon_lol: