PDA

View Full Version : Extremist germs given pathetic sentences

Dedworth
9th February 2012, 23:18
Terror gang members to walk after six years following sentence reduction

Members of a terror gang that plotted to bomb the London Stock Exchange could walk free in less than six years after they were given double the normal reduction in sentence for entering guilty pleas yesterday.

A judge discounted their sentences by a fifth instead of the normal ten per cent for admitting guilt at the start of a trial because their serious offences meant they faced long prison terms

There was outrage from MPs last week after the court iindicated sentences for some of the members of the al Qaeda-inspired gang, which also plotted to target the Mayor of London and build terror training camps, would be less than six years.

And yesterday the judge said he had cut a fifth off planned sentences for the nine-strong group because their guilty pleas had “exposed them to a lengthy prison sentence” and saved the taxpayer a five-month trial.

One of the men, Mohammed Chowdhury, 22, from east London, was described as a “linchpin” in bringing the gang together but will be back on the streets by 2018 after being handed a sentence to 13 years and eight months.

He will only serve half and has already spent more than a year on remand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9072733/Terror-gang-members-to-walk-after-six-years-following-sentence-reduction.html

Another limp wristed Judge living in fantasy land

tone
10th February 2012, 01:13
I really don't get it! They spend £8 million chasing someone for about £100k, and is only a threat to his computer and then worry about the cost of a 5 month trial of people who want to kill us.
Dicks!

grahamw48
10th February 2012, 01:17
Sorry...can't read it (don't want to raise my blood pressure). :NoNo:

tone
10th February 2012, 01:18
Sorry...can't read it (don't want to raise my blood pressure). :NoNo:

:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: