PDA

View Full Version : Questions about employment

iamghee
12th February 2012, 06:19
Hi,

I don't think this has been asked in the past as I couldn't find it anywhere but here it goes, Do I need to send evidence of my Employment here in the Philippines for when I submit a spouse visa application in March hopefully. I am not getting any remittances from my husband. I only use my wage to support myself, and the money I am getting out of my job is actually more than enough to support all my necessities, I work in a call center by the way for TMobile UK for 4months already since I went back from a family visit in the UK in September 2011 apart from that my Mum from the UK still supports and sends me money to pay only for the rent of my apartment and other utilities bills. So do I have to send them my wage slips for 4months and a certificate of employment? Is it necessary since I don't get remittances and no joint bank accout as well?

Terpe
12th February 2012, 10:35
In principle, for settlement visa's, the UKBA are only concerned with the financial status for supporting yourselves when in UK. So the answer is no, your employment history and wage slips from Philippines are not needed.
If you have savings then those can be included in your application.
Also there is no requirement for a joint bank account.
From a financial aspect it is your sponsor (husband) who needs to show he can support you.

iamghee
12th February 2012, 11:00
Hi Terpe, thank you so much. I think I'm overnalyzing too much things but I appreciate you for making this understandable;))

Marie
13th February 2012, 01:24
yes...thanks for this.... also need an advise like this but seems that already enlighten me a bit...just that mine is different coz I've been employed for 20 years ...stopped since March 2008 and now a self employed but not registered...my husband also not supporting me but he's sending me some when I asked...will this affect my spouse visa application soon ?

Terpe
13th February 2012, 11:49
yes...thanks for this.... also need an advise like this but seems that already enlighten me a bit...just that mine is different coz I've been employed for 20 years ...stopped since March 2008 and now a self employed but not registered...my husband also not supporting me but he's sending me some when I asked...will this affect my spouse visa application soon ?

It's just the same as I mentioned above in post #2

manilabong
13th February 2012, 15:55
Hi there! I'm a stay at home mom. My husband sends me every month. I don't rent. So what he remits is just enough for us. His financial status is OK. I will be applying for a spouse visa a few months from now and what worries me is they might question my not having a job. So I just wanna know if it's necessary for me to have a job here in the Philippines? Thank you!

rusty
13th February 2012, 16:27
I will be applying for a spouse visa a few months from now and what worries me is they might question my not having a job. So I just wanna know if it's necessary for me to have a job here in the Philippines? Thank you!

As you are applying for a settlement visa, your employment is not an issue, they will look at your husband and if he has the resources to support you when you arrive in the UK.

My wife did not have a job when we applied and we had no problem getting a spouse visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck with your application.