PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for my VISA

Eyes O'Donnell
16th February 2012, 12:05
Hi everyone,

Its already 4 weeks since I applied for my spouse visa. After I received two messages I haven't receive any news from them :bigcry:
I know that I submitted the right documents that they need. I really don't understand what's going on with my visa application. My husband and I are very anxious its very stressful :bigcry:
I really miss my husband and really want to be with him :heartshape1:
Hope everything will turn out well soon :)
Good luck and Godspeed :)

Blesslady
16th February 2012, 12:11
Hello!Eyes,

Your not alone..i have lodge my application 2weeks ago and after the two message I haven't receive any news..hope we can get visa soon I pray..goodluck to us!

lastlid
16th February 2012, 12:11
I think we were just lucky, back in the autumn, as ours took 2 weeks and others took just a few days. But I guess that was a little unusual and it is back to normal with longer waiting times right now.

Maybe due to the increased number of folk simply trying to get their visa processed before the changes are implemented? I would imagine that a lot more applications have gone in recently for that reason.

I relate to the stressful bit as ones life goes on hold until the result finally comes through. We discovered we couldn't plan or anything. The consoling point is that the success rate is so very high. And of course the feeling is euphoric when the positive result comes through.

Eyes O'Donnell
16th February 2012, 12:27
Thanks Blesslady :)
Please let me know when you have yours ok? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Take care :)

Eyes O'Donnell
16th February 2012, 12:29
Lucky you lastlid :) its very hard to wait :bigcry:

Blesslady
16th February 2012, 12:35
will surely let you know eyes:) Thank's too..by the way where are you going to live in the England if you don't mind??

Eyes O'Donnell
16th February 2012, 12:38
Hi Blesslady in Mitcham :) what about you? :)

Blesslady
16th February 2012, 12:41
Thank's eye's:) i will live in Exeter Devon..

Eyes O'Donnell
16th February 2012, 12:47
Blesslady hope to see you there :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th February 2012, 13:12
Take a look here for processing times (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/beforetravel/visas/processing-times/#resultTableAnchor)

I can remember the bad old days when we would wait for months :Cuckoo:

Bluebirdjones
16th February 2012, 13:21
in Mitcham

You'll be well situated for Filipino shops etc

There's a Filipino fiesta in Morden every year
There's a Filipino sai-sari shop in Tooting & in Croydon
There's a Filipina hair-dresser in Tooting Broadway indoor market
There's a Filipino restaurant in Garratt Lane (Tooting Broadway)

... you lucky girl !
:)

lastlid
16th February 2012, 13:29
Take a look here for processing times (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/beforetravel/visas/processing-times/#resultTableAnchor)

It is worth adding that I think I am correct in saying that days quoted by the UKBA are working days......

Terpe
16th February 2012, 14:06
It is worth adding that I think I am correct in saying that days quoted by the UKBA are working days......

Yep, it's working days.
5 working days = 1 week

joebloggs
16th February 2012, 14:16

yes many were waiting for months, for some people over 3 months :cwm24:

just because you've been waiting 4wks i wouldn't worry :rolleyes:

jencha8569
16th February 2012, 14:20
I think currently it is still their peak season plus to think that they have so many back logs during the holiday season and with the increase of tourist visa for the Olympics.

My visa was granted after 7 weeks or so, submitted before christmas:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its too early dont stress yourselves out..stay positive:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck and God Bless

Arthur Little
16th February 2012, 16:00
the increase of tourist visa for the Olympics.

Mmm ... :rolleyes: I never THOUGHT of that :yeahthat: possibility ... :gp:!

Arthur Little
16th February 2012, 16:13
Anyway ... Gospeed to BOTH ladies - and others - patiently awaiting their visas. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lykayu01
16th February 2012, 19:56
I also feel for you...
Let's just hope and pray for the visa to be dispatched in a couple of days or weeks...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aim_angel
16th February 2012, 21:15
yes many were waiting for months, for some people over 3 months :cwm24:

that's imagine my frustrations!! I called them last wk and this week and same story all settlement are pending though I am not convinced! all we have to do is wait and for how long I don't know but I was advised to call back again so I will do it. I try not to think about it otherwise I will have lots of sleepless nights! I just put in mind that everything will fall into place and that its worth waiting for!!

aim_angel
16th February 2012, 21:17
that's imagine my frustrations!! I called them last wk and this week and same story all settlement are pending though I am not convinced! all we have to do is wait and for how long I don't know but I was advised to call back again so I will do it. I try not to think about it otherwise I will have lots of sleepless nights! I just put in mind that everything will fall into place and that its worth waiting for!!

by the way, it's been 3 months 2 wks since we submitted my daughters application! so you are still lucky :D

malchard888
16th February 2012, 22:09
Hi everyone,

Its already 4 weeks since I applied for my spouse visa. After I received two messages I haven't receive any news from them :bigcry:
I know that I submitted the right documents that they need. I really don't understand what's going on with my visa application. My husband and I are very anxious its very stressful :bigcry:

It took us 4 weeks back in november to obtain our fiancée visa and like u i was getting anxious so sent an e mail to " ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk" asking why it was taking so long. I didnt get an acknowledgement but the visa was issued within a few days of receipt of my mail so u may want to do the same thing, at least then u know they might investigate in case its been overlooked in a pile of paperwork.
Anyway best wishes and be positive, the wait will be worth it.

Malcolm:)

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 00:27
Hi Terpe thanks for the info :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 00:40
in Mitcham

... you lucky girl !

Hi Bluebirdjones :Hellooo: yes, your right my husband told me that :Jump: ;)

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 00:52

Hi joebloggs :) yeah i know but it seems it takes ages for them to decide :bigcry:

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 01:02
Thank you Sir Arthur :)

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 01:10
Its too early dont stress yourselves out..stay positive:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi jencha :) thank you I'm sure I'm going to hear the good news soon. Take care :)

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 01:14
Let's just hope and pray for the visa to be dispatched in a couple of days or weeks...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi lykayu :) thank you. I just keep my hopes high and I know everything is gonna be okay :xxgrinning--00xx3: God bless

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 01:21

Hi aim_angel :) I'm very frustrated because I got no right to rush them just to wait. Take care :)

Eyes O'Donnell
17th February 2012, 01:26
It took us 4 weeks back in november to obtain our fiancée visa and like u i was getting anxious so sent an e mail to " ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk" asking why it was taking so long. I didnt get an acknowledgement but the visa was issued within a few days of receipt of my mail so u may want to do the same thing, at least then u know they might investigate in case its been overlooked in a pile of paperwork.

Thank you Malcolm :) I'm going to do that if I'll not hear from them...looking for my visa result can't wait to hear from them soon.

iamghee
17th February 2012, 14:16
Hi everyone,

I hope you get it soon :) Please update all of us when you get it ok?. To be honest i'm feeling quite nervous too because of the waiting, I'll be submitting mine soon. Anyway, God bless you and just keep on praying :)

mikey73
17th February 2012, 21:27
Hi everyone,

hi :Wave:
i know how you are feeling eyes o'donnell, we have been waiting for 5 weeks now for our spouse visa. hopefully we will both have some good news very soon.
take care
mikey

Eyes O'Donnell
18th February 2012, 01:30
I hope you get it soon :) Please update all of us when you get it ok?. To be honest i'm feeling quite nervous too because of the waiting, I'll be submitting mine soon. Anyway, God bless you and just keep on praying :)

Hi iamghee :) will do as soon i will get it....its really a life changing time..waiting,sleepless nights etc etc...:NoNo:
Take care and Good luck :)

Eyes O'Donnell
18th February 2012, 01:34
hi :Wave:
i know how you are feeling eyes o'donnell, we have been waiting for 5 weeks now for our spouse visa. hopefully we will both have some good news very soon.
take care
mikey

Hi mikey :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed always for all of us here who are still waiting and I know soon we're going to get it :):xxgrinning--00xx3: wishing us all the best. God bless us all :)

bigmarco
18th February 2012, 06:18
in Mitcham

... you lucky girl !
Yes your right Bluebirdjones I went to the Fiesta last year in Morden and it was very good Allan K was on stage. Hopefully my wife will have her visa in time so we can both go this year.

lykayu01
18th February 2012, 16:29
Hi lykayu :) thank you. I just keep my hopes high and I know everything is gonna be okay :xxgrinning--00xx3: God bless

true so as i...
im also waiting for like 8days now, and im so very nervous
eventhough im trying not to think of it but cant help but to count days that passes by without hearing anything
after the 2 txt messages that it is on process..
also it is their "peak season" plus the "olympics" ...

well all we gotta do is Pray for the good outcome and wait :):):):):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eyes O'Donnell
19th February 2012, 00:53
after the 2 txt messages that it is on process..
also it is their "peak season" plus the "olympics" ...

Hi lykayu :) same here that's the last message I received from them and haven't hear anything again :bigcry:
lets keep on praying :pray::pray::pray: that soon we all hear the good news. Take care and God bless :)

bruce
24th February 2012, 07:15
oh dear :NoNo::NoNo: u are not alone, like aim angel-- we are still waiting, we submitted our application NOV 14!! :bigcry::bigcry: I MISS MY HUSBAND!!!!! whats going on?? they are also not answering my calls and the email i have sent them was returned to me 4 times and after that it says on the email--permission to resend is failed permanently :cwm24: why why why delilah???!! ---nivea

lastlid
24th February 2012, 07:32
oh dear :NoNo::NoNo: u are not alone, like aim angel-- we are still waiting, we submitted our application NOV 14!! :bigcry::bigcry: I MISS MY HUSBAND!!!!! whats going on?? they are also not answering my calls and the email i have sent them was returned to me 4 times and after that it says on the email--permission to resend is failed permanently :cwm24: why why why delilah???!! ---nivea

Thats over 3 months? WOW. We were all so lucky back in the autumn of last year.......I sympathise greatly.

iamghee
24th February 2012, 10:30
I'm wondering if the embassy is really busy because our family friend applied for a tourist visa on 19th of Jan 2012 and received the result not later than 7days. I don't know if it's quicker to get a tourist visa than spouse.

lastlid
24th February 2012, 10:33
My theory is that they are having to cope with a Spouse / Fiancee visa backlog created by those seeking to beat the April 2nd deadline.......

lykayu01
24th February 2012, 12:49
so slow :(

joebloggs
24th February 2012, 14:10
I'm wondering if the embassy is really busy because our family friend applied for a tourist visa on 19th of Jan 2012 and received the result not later than 7days. I don't know if it's quicker to get a tourist visa than spouse.

yes there is a priorty for the different types of visa's and also some visas types take longer to process (settlement visa - as you need entry clearence) the ones that are suppose to be processed first are FAMILY PERMITS :angry:

aim_angel
24th February 2012, 16:53

just keep ringing them and eventually they will answer :) took me about 2 hrs before.. but now I call around 5:30 in the morning and they answer after 30 mins of trying but still quicker than 2 hrs! :D
all we have to do now is wait and I hope you let me/us know if you heard anything from them....

just think and believe that everything is worth waiting for! :)

Eyes O'Donnell
25th February 2012, 00:47

Hi bruce :) hope its helps and don't forget to put your ref no on it. good luck to all of us here who's still waiting :) God bless us all

Eyes O'Donnell
25th February 2012, 00:54
so slow :(

yes lykayu sooooooo ssssssslllloooooowwwwww :bigcry:

Eyes O'Donnell
25th February 2012, 00:59
just think and believe that everything is worth waiting for! :) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lets stay all positive and God is working things out for us...have faith :);)

bruce
27th February 2012, 15:39
thanks every one! goodluck to us all..oh dear its killing me--gosh i know all of us who r waiting know what i exactly feel! :bigcry::bigcry: u always think about it every nyt every morning....hayyyyyyzz.. :olddude:<---im getting old waiting lol --nivea

manilabong
27th February 2012, 17:08
My theory is that they are having to cope with a Spouse / Fiancee visa backlog created by those seeking to beat the April 2nd deadline.......

Hello there! Has the change of requirement already been finalized? Thanks!

lastlid
27th February 2012, 17:12
Hello there! Has the change of requirement already been finalized? Thanks!
Nothing definite yet. Just hints and clues. But we might not have to wait long now. Seems like April 2nd and during the preceding weeks we will hear.

malchard888
27th February 2012, 17:30

your application was only 2/3 weeks after our fiance visa was lodged and our was issued towards the end of November. Even then we were told it was peak season so surely peak season doesnt last all year so perhaps u need to persevere with e mails and phone calls just in case they have misplaced your application . I can imagine u are climbing the walls over such a ridiculous delay especially considering the unreasonable cost of such a visa.

Eyes O'Donnell
28th February 2012, 01:17
your application was only 2/3 weeks after our fiance visa was lodged and our was issued towards the end of November. Even then we were told it was peak season so surely peak season doesnt last all year so perhaps u need to persevere with e mails and phone calls just in case they have misplaced your application . I can imagine u are climbing the walls over such a ridiculous delay especially considering the unreasonable cost of such a visa.

Hi malchard i send them email and they replied " Presently your visa application is still under process at the British Embassy. Kindly take note that applications will be dealt with in line with our standard processing time which is 15 to 120 working days for settlement applications".
been waiting for 31 days now and I'm very frustrated because I got no right to rush them :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: all we need to do is WAIT WAIT WAIT

lastlid
28th February 2012, 06:43
Even then we were told it was peak season so surely peak season doesnt last all year so perhaps u need to persevere with e mails and phone calls just in case they have misplaced your application . I can imagine u are climbing the walls over such a ridiculous delay especially considering the unreasonable cost of such a visa.

I seem to recall that we were told it was peak season back in september :icon_lol:

Kerolyne
13th March 2012, 13:45
by the way, it's been 3 months 2 wks since we submitted my daughters application! so you are still lucky :D

Hi, i feel the same way. We submitted dependant visa for my widow mother and my son who was born here 2 years ago last 26 Jan and we still haven't heard anything. We're getting anxious now. You can follow it up if they've had it for over three months already, right? Hope we get their visas soon.

bruce
24th March 2012, 16:36
If ours is anything to go buy you have a long long wait ..we just got ours back ..it took 86 days yes 86 days to process ...good luck I hope you are not waiting so long :)