PDA

View Full Version : ROP entry stamp

johncar54
28th February 2012, 12:12
I recently entered the Philippines with my wife, using the Filipino entry line.

There is no clear indication on my passport of how long I was permitted to stay (I left after 7 days).

A friend told me that if accompanied by a Filipino spouse the partner gets up to 12 months, as long as they do not leave within that period.

Is that correct please?

tanga
28th February 2012, 12:22
If you enter the Philippines with your wife then you can avail of the Balikbayan visa which is valid for 12 months. Your wife must be with you and both passports presented at the time of entry. There is no requirement for you to leave together. You can leave any time within the 12 month validity.If you were to return by yourself you would receive 21 day tourist visa.
The visa is usually marked BB (Balikbayan)

johncar54
28th February 2012, 12:28
Tanga

Thanks so much for that.

I am sending a letter to a Malaysian Newspaper and probably later to the Gov complaining about their immigration policy,

Dedworth
28th February 2012, 15:55
Tanga

Thanks so much for that.

I am sending a letter to a Malaysian Newspaper and probably later to the Gov complaining about their immigration policy,

The Star Online is a pretty good Malaysian rag with the right attitude

They're hot on Law and Order, I often peruse their Courts pages eg today we have a Thai woman to hang for 250g cocaine (a woman with 9kg at Gatwick recently got just 3 years) and a sex offending policeman getting 20 years’ jail and three strokes of the rotan http://thestar.com.my/news/courts/