PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Dependant Relative Visa

Kerolyne
6th March 2012, 21:10
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone here has applied for an elderly dependant visa for their parent/s? How long does it usually take?
I'm an only child and my mother is now 67y/o. My father died a month after i was born so me and my mom are extremely close. My mother has visited me and my husband here in Uk thrice before and she never overstayed. At the moment she is looking after my 2 y/o son who was born here but is also currently in the phil. My husband and I got our ILR last 16 Jan and we lodged ILR application for my mom and my son last 26 Jan and we haven't had any news yet and I'm starting to worry. :( We think we submitted everything that they both need for the application. Hope I could hear from someone who has been in this situation before. Any ideas and help would be very much appreciated.

joebloggs
6th March 2012, 22:29
i wouldn't worry yet, spouse visa's for some people have been taking upto 3 months recently.

Kerolyne
6th March 2012, 23:21
Thanks! Thats given me slight relief. I did think about that considering the influx of applications they're probably getting for the olympics season.