PDA

View Full Version : ILR new rules!

scottishbride
9th March 2012, 22:32
Hello everyone!

I just wanna share my sister inlaw experience in PEO Glasgow as she applied today. Apparently, she did not get her passport back and the Immigration officer said that they are sending the documents and passport to London office from now on..:cwm24::Erm: and it will take 5-7 working days to process... and they will post it to her:cwm24::yikes: what's the use of using Premium if they will post to her anyway..She is kinda disappointed as she thought she will get it today, same day. Like mine, when I applied last Nov. last year at Glasgow I got it in just 1 hour. My documents and my passport with Indefinite leave to remain visa on it. :D. Now, about the biometric they didn't mention anything to her about it... so she kinda lost at the moment... :NoNo: I am going to update you guys...I will see what will be her outcome..

Moy
9th March 2012, 23:02
am so anxious about this ILR AT the moment scottishbride and your update will be a great help:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tanga
10th March 2012, 05:46
15 years ago everything was sent to Croydon and it took a minimum of 3 months to get a passport returned.
The Immigration office at Glasgow was temporarily closed when one staff member resigned and another went on maternity leave
as they were unable to operate due to lack of staff!

Arthur Little
10th March 2012, 14:03
what's the use of using Premium if they will post to her anyway..

... you're RIGHT, Mel ... it doesn't make sense! :doh Hope all goes well for your sister-in-law. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scottishbride
10th March 2012, 19:06
... you're RIGHT, Mel ... it doesn't make sense! :doh Hope all goes well for your sister-in-law. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know Arthur... My Mother in law were furious! :NoNo: She paid the PEO fee and all of the sudden they say the result along with the documents will post it to her and it will take 5-7 working days.. Ashamed she will travel and booked her ticket as she will go home. Does anyone here have same experience?

scottishbride
10th March 2012, 19:41
am so anxious about this ILR AT the moment scottishbride and your update will be a great help:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Right Moy, My sister inlaw said her ILR has been approved, she is just waiting for the letter to be sent out for her Biometrics permit. So when she recieve the letter from UKBA she will undergo biometrics. Hope this will help. Though not sure if she got her passport back.. :Erm:

raynaputi
10th March 2012, 20:01
:doh:NoNo: They should refund the extra amount of the visa fee since she didn't get the passport and documents that same day..:rolleyes: it's such a rip off! :angry:

scottishbride
10th March 2012, 23:20
:doh:NoNo: They should refund the extra amount of the visa fee since she didn't get the passport and documents that same day..:rolleyes: it's such a rip off! :angry:

I know..:doh Well, you were right about the Biometric thing that you posted previously in other thread.. UKBA will send her a letter to have her biometric. She haven't had her passport yet.. but somehow she manage to post on facebook that her ILR has been approved.

malditako
11th March 2012, 11:04
if this is the case whats the point of using PEO then...:NoNo: