PDA

View Full Version : Bride hits out at asylum rules as fiance is arrested for deportation on wedding day

joebloggs
11th March 2012, 00:08
I think UKBA were right to refuse him asylum as your suppose to claim it when you first enter the UK not after you've been studying at college , looks like his student visa has expired and has now tired to claim asylum :NoNo:

A SCOTS bride has vowed to marry in Afghanistan after her asylum-seeker fiancé was arrested on their wedding day.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/03/10/bride-hits-out-at-asylum-rules-as-fiance-is-arrested-for-deportation-on-wedding-day-86908-23782025/

Dedworth
11th March 2012, 01:05
The country will be better off without her - I hope she enjoys it in Afghanistan

grahamw48
11th March 2012, 12:16
Stupid gullible women. :NoNo:

The new 'Spanish waiter syndrome'. :rolleyes:

Yes, let's hope she puts down to experience being a 'chattel' with a bag over her head, and bedding down next to the goats. :)

tanga
11th March 2012, 13:17
Does the UK actually deport anybody? I heard that if you have a cat then you have grounds for appeal and would most likely win under HR charter

joebloggs
11th March 2012, 13:30
from what i can tell, he should be deported if he claimed asylum, for the reason i mentioned before, i take it his student visa has expired, so it looks like he has no right to be in the UK, if so he should be deported, and as his g/f has said, she can go and marry somewhere else and apply for a spouse visa, like the rest of us.common sense really :doh

Terpe
11th March 2012, 16:40
Common sense isn't that common in the EU I'm afraid.
So says my good friend Nigel Farage :rolleyes: