PDA

View Full Version : My first day as a member

George001
11th March 2012, 09:05
Firstly I would like to say hello to everyone.
I have been following the forum for the last few months and have found a lot of valuable information, so thanks for that.

I have one question today that maybe someone can help with.

My wife applied for her settlement visa at VFS on 24th January 2012 and apart from the 2 text messages, have heard nothing, I am wondering what sort of system they have at the Embassy because some visa applications are very fast and some are so slow.

I hope someone can shine some light on this cos it is a bit confusing.

Congrats to all who have received there visa's

juvyjones28
11th March 2012, 09:38
Hi George, welcome to the forum! :Wave:

The embassy's processing period for settlement visa is up to 3 months. But luckily some members here have received their visas in a matter of days, some in a couple of weeks and some took months. But don't worry coz you and the wife are not alone. I also lodged my settlement visa last Feb 15, so It will be my 4th week of waiting on Mar 15. I've noticed few members here and friends who had recently got their visas this week had received the same notice on Mar 6, apparently the embassy dispatch the processed visa application batch by batch. I think they doing some 'local verification check' that's why It's taking so long for others. We have no choice but to patiently wait.

I'm trying not to worry but I can't help it, the waiting causes me grave concern but I know good thing comes to those who wait. So hang on there, hopefully we all receive the good news very soon. :)

Juvy

George001
11th March 2012, 09:49
Hi Juvy thanks for the swift reply, I am sure that so many people are waiting for their message to say that their parcel is on it's way, my wife and I are just praying everyday for a positive outcome, not just for us but everyone that is patiently waiting.

The waiting is the hard part :)

Cheers George

Terpe
11th March 2012, 10:17
Hello George, welcome to the forum.

Here's what UKBA state:-

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:
90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;
and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

Take a look here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/processing-times) at the UKBA guide to visa processing times and just use the drop down menu for Philippines, Manila to see the current info on times etc

grahamw48
11th March 2012, 10:41
Welcome to the forum George, and good luck with the visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
11th March 2012, 10:42
hi welcome to the forum

we just recieved our spouse visa this week(tuesday) and we lodged our visa application on the 12th of jan.
hopefully you will get a positive outcome soon

mickcant
11th March 2012, 10:47
Hi George, welcome to the forum:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Arthur Little
11th March 2012, 14:50
Firstly I would like to say hello to everyone.

:meet-1: George ... :welcomex: to the friendly filipino/uk forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th March 2012, 14:58
I have one question today that maybe someone can help with.

My wife applied for her settlement visa at VFS on 24th January 2012 and apart from the 2 text messages, have heard nothing, I am wondering what sort of system they have at the embassy because some visa applications are very fast and some are so slow.

That's the "million dollar" question :rolleyes: ... and one we'd ALL like answered!

I hope someone can shine some light on this cos it is a bit confusing.

There's not much I can add to what others have already said ... Entry Clearance Officers at the Embassy seem to be a law unto themselves ... although I suppose a lot depends on their workload at peak periods. ;)

BriaNoreen
11th March 2012, 16:02
Welcome to the forum George!

Wishing you all the best with your visa application, keep praying; keep believing :) We will be joining the waiting club soon!

Brian and Noreen

Arthur Little
11th March 2012, 16:04
The waiting is the hard part :)

:iagree:! My wife applied for hers on January 20, 2008 ... when the average waiting time for Settlement Visas was anything up to 3 months. :doh

In the event, however, she received it just 41/2 weeks later ... on February 23rd.

Rosie1958
11th March 2012, 20:27
Best of luck to you and your wife George, I hope that you receive a positive outcome about the visa application soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
13th March 2012, 01:15
Hi and welcome George. Good luck with your application :Hellooo: