PDA

View Full Version : Senator Miriam Defensor- Santiago

lastlid
11th March 2012, 12:31
What do you think of this Senator? She has some opinions of her own.....

My wife thinks she is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgPdM59n-9I

tanga
11th March 2012, 13:03
Philippines version of Margaret Thatcher...any nonsense she gets in there and handbags the culprit. You should have seen her last week at the Senate Impeachment trial. She giving one of the lawyers an earful and he covered his ears. She went at him like a viper and he was judged in contempt.
She certainly has an abrupt manner but when it comes to tackling corruption she goes for the jugular.
In the euro-generals inquiry a few years ago she made mincemeat of the accused
She ran for president in 1991 but lost but considers she was cheated.
I like her.
Even the Senate leader 88 year old Juan Ponce Enrile. If he was in the military or police he would have been compulsary retired 32 years ago at 56
but is a sharp as a needle with an encyclopedic knowledge of the law

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Nk1FOgMQE

lastlid
11th March 2012, 13:08
Philippines version of Margaret Thatcher...any nonsense she gets in there and handbags the culprit. You should have seen her last week at the Senate Impeachment trial. She giving one of the lawyers an earful and he covered his ears. She went at him like a viper and he was judged in contempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Nk1FOgMQE

Yes, I saw that. The mrs was watching that on pinoy news on Pinoy TV :icon_lol:. I have just done a bit of googling and I saw she ran for president. I think the mrs likes her RH bill.

Terpe
11th March 2012, 13:15
What do you think of this Senator? She has some opinions of her own.....

My wife thinks she is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgPdM59n-9I

Me too, I think she's great.
I agree with everything tanga has said.....and then some.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

She also has a wicked sense of humour. (as shown in that video clip)
She's spot on about Justin Bieber :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tanga
11th March 2012, 14:07
+She's spot on about Justin Bieber+

He was here in Philippines last year and did a tantrum at NAIA when someone tried to take a photograph of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dujCyRf3k0&feature=related

lastlid
11th March 2012, 14:11
+She's spot on about Justin Bieber+

He was here in Philippines last year and did a tantrum at NAIA when someone tried to take a photograph of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dujCyRf3k0&feature=related

Ironically my wife likes Justin Bieber.

lastlid
11th March 2012, 16:29
I am just reading some stuff on her now.........

Her famous quips have been captured in the book Miriam Dictionary. She once told media: "I eat death threats for breakfast." When a congressman delivered a privilege speech against her for a lightning group arrest of foreign pedophiles occupying a village in his district, Miriam called him "fungus face." She was famous for describing her anticorruption work as needing "the epidermis of a pachyderm" and "intestinal fortitude." Filipinos were delighted when, on TV, she told a foreigner charged with pedophilia: "Sir, I represent the majesty of the Republic of the Philippines. Now shut up, or I'll bash your teeth in!"

Some gal!

Terpe
11th March 2012, 16:32
I am just reading some stuff on her now.........

Her famous quips have been captured in the book Miriam Dictionary. She once told media: "I eat death threats for breakfast." When a congressman delivered a privilege speech against her for a lightning group arrest of foreign pedophiles occupying a village in his district, Miriam called him "fungus face." She was famous for describing her anticorruption work as needing "the epidermis of a pachyderm" and "intestinal fortitude." Filipinos were delighted when, on TV, she told a foreigner charged with pedophilia: "Sir, I represent the majesty of the Republic of the Philippines. Now shut up, or I'll bash your teeth in!"

Some gal!

Yep, as long as she like you :icon_lol:

lastlid
11th March 2012, 17:00
I have to admit to naivity here but too bad she didnt get elected in 1992?

juvyjones28
11th March 2012, 20:20
Sen Miriam Defensor-Santiago never backs down from a fight. She knows that when she fights, it’s because she believes that fight should be fought. I really like her for being brave and straight to the point. I also like some of her pick up lines:icon_lol:

Sana naka off ang ilaw, para tayo na lang mag on.

Nakalimutan ko ang pangalan mo eh, pwede bang tawagin na lang kitang akin?

Pagwala ka, buhay ko’y parang lapis na di pa natatasahan, pointless.

Kung magkakaroon ako ng sariling planeta, gusto ko ikaw ang axis nito, para sayo lang iikot ang mundo ko.

Sana FB status ka na lang, para pwede kitang i-like.

Ibenta mo na bahay mo, total nandidito ka na, nakatira sa puso ko.

Sana naka-off ang ilaw, para tayo na lang mag-on.

Noodles ka ba, kasi Lucky Me?

Parang see-saw, pag wala ka, down ako.

Para kang hold-upper, lahat ibibigay ko sayo, wag mo lang akong saktan.

Galing mo din, ano? Di mo pa ko binabato tinamaan mo na ako.

Maglaro tayo ng kahit ano, wag lang taguan, kasi a guy like you is hard to find.

Sana exam mo na lang ako, para sagutin mo rin ako.

Bastos ka rin, ano? Di ka man lang nagpapaalam tuloy-tuloy kang pumasok sa puso ko.

Google ka ba? Lahat kasi ng hinahanap ko, sa'yo ko natagpuan.

Nakalunok ka ba ng kwitis, kasi pag ngumiti ka, may spark.

Hindi ko sinasabing maganda ako, ang sinasabi ko lang pangit ka!

When someone told me “ang ganda mo” ... I answered “sana ikaw rin”

In a swimming pool:
Classmate 1 – I’m sure lulutang ka
Classmate 2 – Bakit dahil payat ako?
Classmate 1 – Hindi, dahil plastic ka

Masasabi mo bang bobo ako, kung ikaw lang naman ang laman ng utak ko.

Sana magkasama tayo sa pila para pag may sumigaw ng “next” at hindi mo narinig tatanungin mo na agad ako kung “Tayo na ba?”

Ako na ang magbabayad ng tuition fee mo, pag aralan mo lang na mahalin ako.

Pangalan mo palang kinikilig na ako, paano pa kaya kung magka apelyido na tayo?

Ang pag ibig ay parang ketchup, matamis pero maraming nakikisawsaw.

Straw ka ba? Kasi sipsip ka na, plastic ka pa.

LOL. :icon_lol:

lastlid
11th March 2012, 20:39
My wife has just translated for me. Yes. She seems quite a character. I think she would certainly liven up the houses of parliament here. :icon_lol: Whats happening with the RH Bill right now?

Terpe
11th March 2012, 21:39
Miriam Santiago heats up virtual world, too

Love her or hate her, Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago has invaded the virtual world.

She is now a trending topic on the Internet, and the rise of her temper seems to reflect a rise in the number of her followers on the two top social networking sites, Facebook and Twitter.

Agog over Santiago’s famous temper, the “netizens”—bloggers, Twitter and Facebook users—are looking forward to the resumption on Monday of the impeachment trial of Chief Justice Renato Corona after an 11-day break.

Like a widely watched telenovela, the trial begins its Season 2 as it were, with the defense panel’s turn to present its rebuttal following the prosecution’s sudden decision to rest its case.

As of Sunday afternoon, Santiago’s Twitter followers have reached 132,663, while her Facebook fans have generated 102,000 “friends.”

The highly charged hearing on February 29—during which lawyer Vitaliano Aguirre incurred the ire of the feisty senator for covering his ears while she was lambasting the prosecution’s handling of the case—went exactly like a cliffhanger season-ender. The audience lapped it all up.

What the public witnessed that day was courtroom drama. Aguirre—the defense lawyer for the family of former Senator Freddie Webb in the Vizconde massacre trial—later apologized, missing a jail term for his behavior.

The Santiago-Aguirre squabble has launched a thousand Facebook posts, tweets, blogs and memes. Some of the comments were funny, others downright mean and some may be considered propaganda.

Santiago is not a stranger to attack and praise. Every time she opens her mouth, she earns for herself fans or critics.

She did invite criticisms when she used the word gago (fool) to describe the prosecution’s supposed ineptness. She readily acceded to the motion of a House prosecutor, Ilocos Norte Representative Rodolfo Fariñas, to have the word stricken from the record.

In the virtual world, Santiago generates as much heat. Online, her followers and friends—who call themselves as “Team Miriam”—are a force to reckon with.

Her followers and critics are a mixed group of celebrities, students, professionals, pundits, social activists, journalists, wannabe pick-up artists and possible spambots riding on Santiago’s popularity

Source:-
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/159827/miriam-santiago-heats-up-virtual-world-too

lastlid
12th March 2012, 23:29
This is old news, but new news to me. I am trying to get my head around this stuff.

"Miriam Santiago is challenging Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao to a fight, in jest, that is. The feisty senator, known for her support of the passage of the Reproductive Health Bill, has asked Manny Pacquiao back off the issue and just focus on boxing. This after the People’s Champ announced his support for the Church’s side on the issue after arriving from Las Vegas over the weekend."

tanga
13th March 2012, 04:57
Miriam did back out of a "fistfight" with Manny Paquiao's mother "Mommy' Dionisia who ranted and raved like a fishwife at the senator's comments on Rep. Manny's stand on the RH bill.
Miriam"s comment was that she was speechless
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/mommy-dionisia-lashes-miriam-defensor-santiago-her-comments-013000079.html

Marie
13th March 2012, 07:18
being a brave and intelligent senator...I like her ....she's a straight forward person..

lastlid
13th March 2012, 07:36
being a brave and intelligent senator...I like her ....she's a straight forward person..

I am wondering if she will get the RH Bill through before her health prevents her from participating in politics. She has issues with high blood pressure.

Vische
13th March 2012, 09:06
Sen Miriam Defensor-Santiago never backs down from a fight. She knows that when she fights, it’s because she believes that fight should be fought. I really like her for being brave and straight to the point. I also like some of her pick up lines:icon_lol:

Sana naka off ang ilaw, para tayo na lang mag on.

Nakalimutan ko ang pangalan mo eh, pwede bang tawagin na lang kitang akin?

Pagwala ka, buhay ko’y parang lapis na di pa natatasahan, pointless.

Kung magkakaroon ako ng sariling planeta, gusto ko ikaw ang axis nito, para sayo lang iikot ang mundo ko.

Sana FB status ka na lang, para pwede kitang i-like.

Ibenta mo na bahay mo, total nandidito ka na, nakatira sa puso ko.

Sana naka-off ang ilaw, para tayo na lang mag-on.

Noodles ka ba, kasi Lucky Me?

Parang see-saw, pag wala ka, down ako.

Para kang hold-upper, lahat ibibigay ko sayo, wag mo lang akong saktan.

Galing mo din, ano? Di mo pa ko binabato tinamaan mo na ako.

Maglaro tayo ng kahit ano, wag lang taguan, kasi a guy like you is hard to find.

Sana exam mo na lang ako, para sagutin mo rin ako.

Bastos ka rin, ano? Di ka man lang nagpapaalam tuloy-tuloy kang pumasok sa puso ko.

Google ka ba? Lahat kasi ng hinahanap ko, sa'yo ko natagpuan.

Nakalunok ka ba ng kwitis, kasi pag ngumiti ka, may spark.

Hindi ko sinasabing maganda ako, ang sinasabi ko lang pangit ka!

When someone told me “ang ganda mo” ... I answered “sana ikaw rin”

In a swimming pool:
Classmate 1 – I’m sure lulutang ka
Classmate 2 – Bakit dahil payat ako?
Classmate 1 – Hindi, dahil plastic ka

Masasabi mo bang bobo ako, kung ikaw lang naman ang laman ng utak ko.

Sana magkasama tayo sa pila para pag may sumigaw ng “next” at hindi mo narinig tatanungin mo na agad ako kung “Tayo na ba?”

Ako na ang magbabayad ng tuition fee mo, pag aralan mo lang na mahalin ako.

Pangalan mo palang kinikilig na ako, paano pa kaya kung magka apelyido na tayo?

Ang pag ibig ay parang ketchup, matamis pero maraming nakikisawsaw.

Straw ka ba? Kasi sipsip ka na, plastic ka pa.

LOL. :icon_lol:

I love her pick up lines hahahaha, yeah Miriam is great but sometimes she gets a little too excited that sometimes she cross some lines that should be :NoNo: but all in all she is a very intelligent woman and very brave in telling those things, i guess that's the reason she got a heart problem she is very into 'it' when she decides to be on something she gives it full force :icon_lol:

lastlid
13th March 2012, 09:54
I love her pick up lines hahahaha, yeah Miriam is great but sometimes she gets a little too excited that sometimes she cross some lines that should be :NoNo: but all in all she is a very intelligent woman and very brave in telling those things, i guess that's the reason she got a heart problem she is very into 'it' when she decides to be on something she gives it full force :icon_lol:

I think she should be cloned.....:icon_lol:

Vische
13th March 2012, 10:50
I think she should be cloned.....:icon_lol:

:icon_lol: hahaha funny, but when she started i remembered in the news that she was always been tag as 'loka-loka' or something like that cause she thinks differently from the rest of them and they say she had TOO much of study. :icon_lol:

lastlid
13th March 2012, 10:57
:icon_lol: hahaha funny, but when she started i remembered in the news that she was always been tag as 'loka-loka' or something like that cause she thinks differently from the rest of them and they say she had TOO much of study. :icon_lol:

loka loka.....I dont know what that is exactly but I think I can guess from the context of your wording.

So why is the RH bill dragging out? Why so long to get it through?

Vische
14th March 2012, 10:25
loka loka.....I dont know what that is exactly but I think I can guess from the context of your wording.

So why is the RH bill dragging out? Why so long to get it through?

Loka-loka means crazy sometimes also termed as baliw :icon_lol:

RH Bill ohh i think it will have a hard time to get through since the Catholic church is opposed to it, they don't agree in using contraceptive pills or etc for birth control, so i guess it will still have a long time to be approved :Erm:

lastlid
14th March 2012, 10:28
Loka-loka means crazy sometimes also termed as baliw :icon_lol:

RH Bill ohh i think it will have a hard time to get through since the Catholic church is opposed to it, they don't agree in using contraceptive pills or etc for birth control, so i guess it will still have a long time to be approved :Erm:

I see this as a crucial bill for the countries future....

Vische
14th March 2012, 10:51
yes our population is increasing in a great speed hahaha :icon_lol: and most of the new mothers or parents are minors between 15 to 19 years old :NoNo:

lastlid
14th March 2012, 10:56
yes our population is increasing in a great speed hahaha :icon_lol: and most of the new mothers or parents are minors between 15 to 19 years old :NoNo:

Thats what my wife has explained to me. I wish Manny Pacquiao would stick to boxing instead of putting his weight behind the anti RH bill lobby.

sars_notd_virus
14th March 2012, 11:14
MG3hx02SEt0

I like her a lot!!...I was lucky to have met her in the bank I used to work before...stunning sense of humuor:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Vische
14th March 2012, 11:16
Thats what my wife has explained to me. I wish Manny Pacquiao would stick to boxing instead of putting his weight behind the anti RH bill lobby.

I agree to that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
14th March 2012, 20:08
she's is too intelligent that only intelligent people understand her...i like her a lot.