PDA

View Full Version : Azkals score important win vs India

Terpe
11th March 2012, 21:42
After an opening game loss to the mighty North Koreans, the Philippine Azkals came back strong to give former champion India a 2-0 drubbing in the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup.

The Azkals showed better ball handling against the Indians, who were constantly placed into defensive mode because of the Azkals’ consistent attacks.

In the 10th minute, Phil Younghusband pushed the Philippines ahead with a left-footed shot to the goal.

Jason Sabio made a long throw in to James Younghusband, who flicked the ball toward Phil.

Phil then turned around and fired the shot to put the Azkals at a 1-0 advantage over the Blue Tigers.

The Filipino-British striker followed up his effort with two more attempts at the goal in the 36th and 42nd.

In the second half, Phil teamed up with his brother for another goal in the 73rd minute.

Phil received a quick assist from James before sending the ball to the back of the net. This hiked the Azkals’ lead to 2-0.

The win was a history of sorts for the Philippines, as it was their first time to win over the 2008 titlist.

Source:-
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03/11/12/philippine-azkals-score-important-win-vs-india

lastlid
11th March 2012, 21:58
The Azkals. Arent they a bunch of pretty boys that cant play but look good in the team photo? :D

Terpe
11th March 2012, 22:12
The Azkals. Arent they a bunch of pretty boys that cant play but look good in the team photo? :D

Well that's one way of putting it :D
But let's stay positive.

I'm still a bit miffed that Angel Locsin appears to have a relationship with one Azcals player (Phil Younghusband)
She'd be much better off staying with me :D (only in my dreams)

Dedworth
11th March 2012, 22:18
There's only one Chelsea reject !

(Phil Younghusband)

Terpe
11th March 2012, 22:20
There's only one Chelsea reject !

(Phil Younghusband)

His brother plays for Azcals as well. Although I've forgotten his name.

Maybe not the only Chelsea reject :D

andy222
11th March 2012, 22:50
I saw them play on my last visit to phils last october. I was impressed. Not a bad team at all.

lastlid
11th March 2012, 23:57

That is my wife's opinion. I don't know much about them really.