PDA

View Full Version : Call And Text Worldwide For Free??

Terpe
11th March 2012, 22:31
There’s good news for iPhone® and Android™ users-a new mobile app provides free calling and texting between users worldwide.

Vonage Mobile® is a free downloadable app that lets users talk and text worldwide for free with anyone else who uses the app (data rates may apply). It also provides ultra low-cost calling to friends and family who don’t have the app. It’s a combination of the best free and paid communications apps, all rolled into one.

The new app is the latest offering from Vonage, a provider of communications services connecting individuals through mobile and broadband devices worldwide. Users don’t have to be a Vonage home phone customer to use the app—just download it for free from iTunes® or Android™ Market.

Significant Cost Savings
When calling friends and family who don’t have the app, users can make calls globally with per-minute rates that are on average 70 percent less than major mobile carriers and 30 percent less than Skype. Rates start at .016 cents/min., and calling credit is available in $4.99 and $9.99 increments, making it one of the most cost-effective solutions for international calling.

A Free Global Network
Users can instantly build a free global calling and texting network using the app’s multi-invite system from their existing contacts. Even more exciting, Vonage Mobile uses the phone’s existing mobile number and contact list, eliminating the need for unique user names and duplicate identities for contacts. It’s incredibly easy to use, allowing users to take full advantage of the features without the hassle of having to leave the app.

A Comprehensive Solution
“Vonage Mobile consolidates the best features of our prior applications, while adding important functionality, better value and improved ease of use,” said Marc Lefar, CEO of Vonage. “It combines the best of free high-def voice and messaging along with incredible value for traditional international calls, all while using the existing mobile number and address book for unsurpassed ease of use.”

Vonage Mobile works over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G wireless data networks, worldwide. In addition to iPhone and Android smartphones, the app also works on iPad®, iPod Touch® and Android™ Tablet

Source:-
http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/technology/17972-new-mobile-app-lets-users-call-and-text-worldwide-for-free

Terpe
11th March 2012, 22:32
Can some of you experts explain the catch in simple terms?

grahamw48
11th March 2012, 23:04
Make sure News International isn't on your contacts list ? :D

Steve.r
11th March 2012, 23:24
Sounds just like Viber.

We use Viber to make calls and text messages as well as sending photos to eachother, its saving me a packet. Viber will use 14Mb per hour of talk time, not sure about this Vonage app. I have a gig of data on my contract but have never got close to using it.

lastlid
12th March 2012, 00:03
Yes. Sounds just like Viber. I have just started using Viber. Someone at work introduced me to it. She uses it to keep in touch with relatives in Canada. No catch. Sound quality and picture quality good.