PDA

View Full Version : finally im already in N.I. UK with hubby :)

lykayu01
15th March 2012, 19:57
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump::Jump::Jump:
im so happy now that im here with hubby ....parents/in laws were so sweet and warm,,, i arrived march14th here 7celcius cold hehehe but nice im still excited about the place :):Hellooo:

lastlid
15th March 2012, 20:04
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep. Just 7 degrees C, here in Douglas Isle of Man.

We are right next to the beach. But Boracay it isnt.

lykayu01
15th March 2012, 20:06
many thanks for all the help Lastlid :):Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Jump::Jump::Jump:

lastlid
15th March 2012, 20:38
Thats okay.

I hope the weather warms up soon. I know 15 degrees sounds a bit cool to you but I find it is so different to 7 degrees. Should start to get warmer any time over the next few weeks.

How was the flight and rendezvous etc? You obviously breezed through Dubai airport....

grahamw48
15th March 2012, 20:44
Hooray ! :Jump:

Welcome to the UK. :Wave:

Come to York, it was 13C here today. :)

Temperatures are on the way up now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
15th March 2012, 21:01
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good your ok

Terpe
15th March 2012, 22:07
Welcome to UK:Jump::Jump:
You have arrived here with the best time of year just preparing to her face.

Soon the springtime will breathe life into everything and everyone.
New life

alanmf1
15th March 2012, 22:16
Congrats to you. norn iron is a very long way from Phils!
Which part are you living my family is from Antrim!
When i took my wife home last summer she loved the place and the people just not the temperature:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
15th March 2012, 22:22
Welcome to a cool UK :Wave:

Rosie1958
15th March 2012, 23:43
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump::Jump::Jump:
im so happy now that im here with hubby ....parents/in laws were so sweet and warm,,, i arrived march14th here 7celcius cold hehehe but nice im still excited about the place :):Hellooo:

Welcome to the UK, I'm glad to hear that you arrived safely and to a warm welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's now gradually becoming a bit warmer here so hopefully you will soon settle down and meet some Filipinas before long. Enjoy our Spring, it's a pretty time of year :)

bigmarco
16th March 2012, 00:52
Welcome to the UK :Wave:

tanga
16th March 2012, 03:44
Glad to know you arrived safe and sound.
Im in Laguna today Its a cool 27c,last week it was 34c by mid morning.
Going back to Tagaytay later to "chill out"

tanga
16th March 2012, 03:51

Lastlid:Wave:
I thought you had Palm trees there on I.O.M
Product of the gulf stream
Do people still wave to the fairies?:Wave:

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:13
Thats okay.

I hope the weather warms up soon. I know 15 degrees sounds a bit cool to you but I find it is so different to 7 degrees. Should start to get warmer any time over the next few weeks.

How was the flight and rendezvous etc? You obviously breezed through Dubai airport....

flight was ok bit tiring as it is a long travel MNL-DBX then DBX-GLA then GLA-BELFAST havent had sleep on the plane but thats ok loads and loads of foods in Emirates plane but i dont really eat much so i just taste some of it just a wee bit of snack coz their food is too overwhelming to say so as it is too much for just one passenger like me hahaha...all went well really just a bit not that comfortable at the NAIA1's Immigration officer in the Philippines as she seems like way too annoying asking u personal things then commenting on it a bit :doh but all is fine ....thanks so much!!!! im still excited go out everyday to look around hehehe way too different in Pinas its so cold,so high tech and so clean :) :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:14
Hooray ! :Jump:

Welcome to the UK. :Wave:

Come to York, it was 13C here today. :)

Temperatures are on the way up now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i love travelling and looking around so hpoing to see most places around UK :)

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:15
:xxgrinning--00xx3: good your ok

yup so happy now and loving the place hehehe:Jump::Jump::Jump:

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:17
Welcome to UK:Jump::Jump:
You have arrived here with the best time of year just preparing to her face.

Soon the springtime will breathe life into everything and everyone.
New life

yeah i guess so perfect time so my body temp could adjust a bit to the weather before it gets colder by winter time though im so very excited to see the snow hehehe thanks terpe :):Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:21
Congrats to you. norn iron is a very long way from Phils!
Which part are you living my family is from Antrim!
When i took my wife home last summer she loved the place and the people just not the temperature:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hehehe true had a very long flight going here... we are at Co.Antrim also at newtownabbey :) hehehe me im slightly liking the weather at the moment because when i left Pinas its way too hot hehehe but its just hard to take shower coz i cant get away from the flowing water while i do clean up as its cold if im out of the water hehehe but everythings fine here so as people like my inlaws so very nice and sweet :):Jump::Jump::Jump:

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:22
Welcome to a cool UK :Wave:

thankyou SteveR :)

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:23
Welcome to the UK, I'm glad to hear that you arrived safely and to a warm welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's now gradually becoming a bit warmer here so hopefully you will soon settle down and meet some Filipinas before long. Enjoy our Spring, it's a pretty time of year :)

true hehehe thanks Rosie1958 :)

lastlid
16th March 2012, 07:24

Lastlid:Wave:
I thought you had Palm trees there on I.O.M
Product of the gulf stream
Do people still wave to the fairies?:Wave:

We do have palm trees here - many. You are correct. And for similar reasons we never see snow, hardly ever. But unfortunately it never gets particularly warm here either. The sea keeps us from freeezing in the winter but cool in the summer. By the time the gulf stream gets here it has cooled down an awful lot anyway. We certainly dont see pineapples or coconuts or any other tropical fruit here that isn't imported. I dont think the palm trees bear fruit and are dwarfish by comparison to the Philippines. Oh for a few hot springs like there in Laguna.....I stayed there last summer in a hot spring resort. Volcanic activity has been rife her (and in Northern Ireland) but some few million years back.

I am not an IOM native but I believe they do wave to the fairies here, yes. I drive past here every day.

lastlid
16th March 2012, 07:27
.... loads and loads of foods in Emirates plane but i dont really eat much so i just taste some of it just a wee bit of snack coz their food is too overwhelming to say so as it is too much for just one passenger like me hahaha..

Oh. I normally ask for a second meal heheh

lastlid
16th March 2012, 07:28
....so high tech :) :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

Thats something my wife keeps commenting on, the level of automation here....high tech drive through in macdonalds, automated car wash, cameras instead of security guards, posting machines at the post office, cameras on the buses, automatic ramp on the bus for easy access for wheelchairs etc etc

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:30
Welcome to the UK :Wave:

thanks bigmarco :)

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:31
Glad to know you arrived safe and sound.
Im in Laguna today Its a cool 27c,last week it was 34c by mid morning.
Going back to Tagaytay later to "chill out"

heheh thanks dont wanna mention ur user name though hehehe lol takecare enjoy :)

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:38
Oh. I normally ask for a second meal heheh

hahaha greedy hehehe lol :icon_lol:

lykayu01
16th March 2012, 07:46
Thats something my wife keeps commenting on, the level of automation here....high tech drive through in macdonalds, automated car wash, cameras instead of security guards, posting machines at the post office, cameras on the buses, automatic ramp on the bus for easy access for wheelchairs etc etc

hhehehe first thing that amazes me was at tesco pack and pay on your own hehehe and at abbey center choose products and pay on machine hehehe...:hubbahubba:

lastlid
16th March 2012, 07:50
hhehehe first thing that amazes me was at tesco pack and pay on your own hehehe and at abbey center choose products and pay on machine hehehe...:hubbahubba:

Yep. Those aswell.

I think our employers here would prefer to hire robots if they could as technology is cheaper than people in so many cases now.....

Same for me in reverse. I couldnt believe how many security guards there are in the Philippines. You hardly see any here but loads of cameras.

Oh and the automatic car washers. My wife loves them. LOL

Pay at the pump gasoline etc etc

febmary
16th March 2012, 08:15
lyka,

Happy to know you arrived safe...:xxgrinning--00xx3: A new life and adventure awaits you there. Take care.

Eyes O'Donnell
16th March 2012, 15:07
Hi lykayu :) I am glad you arrived safely and now and Good luck with everything :):xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Maria B
16th March 2012, 17:02
:Hellooo:Welcome to the UK lyka. Your are in good timing for spring & summer & yet...England always have 4 seasons in 1 day. :icon_lol: You will understand what I'm talking soon or ask hubby :)

Glad u join this forum. A warm welcome:Wave::)

stevie c
16th March 2012, 17:05
Welcome to the uk
Wishing you all the happiness with your new life here in the uk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
16th March 2012, 17:06

Go to Argos, it's techie shopping there..haha :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th March 2012, 21:48
hhehehe first thing that amazes me was at tesco pack and pay on your own hehehe

To be perfectly honest, I'm only just getting used to that myself :doh

Happy days and lots of experiences to come.

grahamw48
16th March 2012, 23:03
I like standing there looking helpless until some nice young lady comes across and does it all for me. :icon_lol:

mikey73
16th March 2012, 23:37
hi
welcome to the uk:Hellooo:
7 degrees thats t-shirt weather in scotland :D

mikey

Arthur Little
17th March 2012, 02:54
Glad you're settling into your new surroundings, Lyka ... to be sure, you can depend on a warm, :irish: welcome.

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 04:57
hehe so am i Lastlid really fascinated by the technology here which is good way too diff in PINAS :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::hubbahubba:

thanks ate febmary see u soon here... :)

thanks eyes o donnel :)

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 04:58
:Hellooo:Welcome to the UK lyka. Your are in good timing for spring & summer & yet...England always have 4 seasons in 1 day. :icon_lol: You will understand what I'm talking soon or ask hubby :)

Glad u join this forum. A warm welcome:Wave::)

thanks Maria B :)

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 04:59
Welcome to the uk
Wishing you all the happiness with your new life here in the uk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks stevie c :)

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 05:00
Go to Argos, it's techie shopping there..haha :xxgrinning--00xx3:

will see soon ate rayna :)

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 05:03
To be perfectly honest, I'm only just getting used to that myself :doh

Happy days and lots of experiences to come.

hehe yeah i know thats just a normal thing to most of u terpe but hehe its way too nice to see very far from PINAS where u have to fall in line and wait for a long long line and time before being able to pay stuffs hehe :) true more happiness and experiences :)

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 05:04
I like standing there looking helpless until some nice young lady comes across and does it all for me. :icon_lol:

haha lol Grahamw48:icon_lol:

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 05:05
hi
welcome to the uk:Hellooo:
7 degrees thats t-shirt weather in scotland :D

mikey

lol for me thats already for winter coat ...now its 4c hehe

lykayu01
17th March 2012, 05:06
Glad you're settling into your new surroundings, Lyka ... to be sure, you can depend on a warm, :irish: welcome.

i strongly agree :)

tanga
17th March 2012, 14:16

Got to say on a visit to UK in 2010 after 7 year absence I was amazed at the technology.
This facility of scanning your own shopping in Tesco,especially when buying a bottle of wine
and a message sounds out "authorisation required'

Wonder if it would catch on a SM...maybe they should introduce a conveyor belt at check out first
No sense in trying to run when you cant yet walk

grahamw48
17th March 2012, 14:36
:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: