PDA

View Full Version : original or photo copies

johnny11
17th March 2012, 17:25
my mother is going to apply a family visa soon and where going to send our documents that she needed.what documents is needed original and what is photo copies?

juvyjones28
17th March 2012, 17:31
Hi Johnny, All supporting documents must be ORIGINAL copies. It's stated on the UKBA website. I submitted all original supporting documents except for my (sponsor) husband's passport, what he did is he scanned and printed his passport, bio-data and all stamped pages and signed every pages for authenticity or you could have it notarized if you want to.

But I recall when I applied for tourist visa in 2009, I submitted all scanned copies but was granted. So it depends really, submit original copies to be on the safe side.:)

http://vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html

Please submit original documents with one photocopy of each document. Your original documents will be returned after the final decision has been made by the UK Border Agency.

Terpe
17th March 2012, 19:24
Hi Johnny, All supporting documents must be ORIGINAL copies. It's stated on the UKBA website. I submitted all original supporting documents except for my (sponsor) husband's passport, what he did is he scanned and printed his passport, bio-data and all stamped pages and signed every pages for authenticity or you could have it notarized if you want to.

But I recall when I applied for tourist visa in 2009, I submitted all scanned copies but was granted. So it depends really, submit original copies to be on the safe side.:)

http://vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html

Please submit original documents with one photocopy of each document. Your original documents will be returned after the final decision has been made by the UK Border Agency.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you have any specific problems in sending original documents just include the explanation in your supporting letter.

Concerning bank statements etc the UKBA states:-

Every personal bank or building society statement should clearly show:
your name or your sponsor's name
the account number
the date of the statement
the financial institution's name and logo
transactions covering the recent period
that there are enough funds present in the account to support a dependent partner and any dependent children

If you want to send electronic bank statements from an online account, these must contain all of the details listed above. You will also need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

We will not accept statements that simply show the balance in the account on a particular day, as these documents do not show that there are consistent funds to meet the maintenance requirement.