PDA

View Full Version : Bureau of Immigration lifts ban on au pairs starting today

malditako
19th March 2012, 07:59
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=788657&publicationSubCategoryId=63

it'd be good if uk is willing to give au pairs visas as well as other european country.

joebloggs
19th March 2012, 11:54
i can't see this gov allowing non European Au pairs not after they've made it more difficult for domestic workers.

Moy
19th March 2012, 14:07
and i wish the husband/wife goin to PH with there partner will be given a minimum of at least 3 years :D to stay than the usual one (1);) year balikbayan visa:rolleyes:

tanga
19th March 2012, 15:38
I think the one year balikbayan privilege visa is fair. It can be converted to a tourist visa for up to 24 months. Anybody intending to stay longer should apply for a 13a or SSRV or SIRV . i have a British friend who had been living here on BB for four years,exiting each year for a few days before returning.On the 5th trip BI informed him that they would no longer extend him the privilege after another year and as he was clearly living in Philippines on a permanent basis,he should obtain a permanent residency visa

Terpe
19th March 2012, 19:22
I think the one year balikbayan privilege visa is fair. It can be converted to a tourist visa for up to 24 months. Anybody intending to stay longer should apply for a 13a or SSRV or SIRV . i have a British friend who had been living here on BB for four years,exiting each year for a few days before returning.On the 5th trip BI informed him that they would no longer extend him the privilege after another year and as he was clearly living in Philippines on a permanent basis,he should obtain a permanent residency visa

Interesting to know that. Thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
19th March 2012, 19:30
I have two brit friends who reside in the Phils & do exactly that.

They fly out to a small island cant think of the island now its only about an hour then fly back in 2 days.
Im wondering what there situation will be if this is true about having to apply for residancy permit :Erm:

I will have to give them a call

Terpe
19th March 2012, 19:31
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=788657&publicationSubCategoryId=63

it'd be good if uk is willing to give au pairs visas as well as other european country.

I think this now come under UKBA Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme)

The only countries currently participating are:-

Australia
Canada
Japan
Monaco
New Zealand
Taiwan

It's up to the participating countries to apply for Deemed Sponsorship Status.

There are a number of conditions applied such as having savings etc

joebloggs
19th March 2012, 19:49
I think this now come under UKBA Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme)

The only countries currently participating are:-

Australia
Canada
Japan
Monaco
New Zealand
Taiwan

It's up to the participating countries to apply for Deemed Sponsorship Status.

There are a number of conditions applied such as having savings etc

wouldn't surrpised if the gov scrapped the Youth Mobility Scheme, they ended the post study work visa and as i mentioned b4 made in harder for domestic workers.