PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United

lastlid
21st March 2012, 23:55
Today, Mrs Lastlid and I visited the stadium at Old Trafford. A bit pricey at £30 quid for the two of us but it did include the museum too. Got to see the Barclays Premier League trophy, the original of course aswell as the Charity Shield. Neither of which one can see anywhere else just now.

75000 capacity stadium which looked a good deal bigger than its Liverpool FC counterpart.

The pitch was absolutely immaculate.

I would say almost all on the tour were from overseas. I thought at first there were a heap of Pinays but they were from Honkong, evidently.

After the tour we did a little shopping in what is arguably the best shopping mall in the UK, the Trafford Centre, with dinner at a place called Tampopos where Mrs Lastlid had Chicken Adobo! About the only place we could find with anything Filipino on the menu. She gave it 7/10 for authenticity.

lastlid
21st March 2012, 23:59
Not many clubs with one of these this year.....the Charity Shield is right next to it. This is the real thing evidently.

joebloggs
22nd March 2012, 00:02
i bet your misses was happy touring around Man United, for years we use to have our Xmas works do there until we got banned :NoNo:

you should have took your misses to the chillfactore let her see what snow looks like :rolleyes:

lastlid
22nd March 2012, 00:06
i bet your misses was happy touring around Man United, for years we use to have our Xmas works do there until we got banned :NoNo:

you should have took your misses to the chillfactore let her see what snow looks like :rolleyes:

She loved it! And loved the larger than life pictures of the players that are now up in the newly pedestrianised area at the East stand on Sir Matt Busby Way. As much a treat for her as me.

The Little Pea is her favourite player, BTW :D

Am going to the Chill Factor at the weekend with my son.

Look at the funny signs thread, the one for the chewing gum was great! LOL.

les_taxi
22nd March 2012, 00:15
It's the only place to be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
22nd March 2012, 00:19
This appears to be new = dont recall seeing it before. Its been about 15 months since I was there last.....shame the sun was going down. In the newly pedestrianised area.

lastlid
22nd March 2012, 07:02
No doubt for Sir Alexs benefit. These were everywhere throughout the ground LOL