PDA

View Full Version : need help to check if my job offer is genuine?

enitsirhc
23rd March 2012, 03:38
hi,i just registered today.my prospect employer send me the employment contract and told me to signed it within 5days.we exchange email regarding the job offer,about their family,and send me photos of the them and told me that the visa agency will email me too.the visa agency who contacted me and the processing fee of 1200pound "UNIVERSAL VISA SERVICES LTD"11G11 DAVINA HOUSE,137-149 GOSWELL ROAD LONDON,EC1V 7ET.UK for ticket,work permit,uk entry clearance,tax clearance certificate,resident permit and other necessary documents. i emailed my employer telling him its a lot of money then he offered me to pay half which is 600pound,i find it odd.Guys what do you of think of this.i really want to go uk and work but wasnt sure about the law in ther.thanks....

fred
23rd March 2012, 04:02
This sounds like a scam to me and please don't send them a penny!
Wait for further comments by those more knowledgeable than me..

fred
23rd March 2012, 04:11
http://embassy-finder.com/philippines_in_london_united-kingdom?page=3

Beware of emailed job offers for childcare and other similar positions in the UK. These are all frauds.

• Since November 2008, no visas are granted for household workers from outside Europe. Work visas are only granted for highly-skilled positions, most of which require university degrees.

• No legitimate employment agency in the UK requires you to pay them any money. All fees would be paid by the employer.

• No legitimate employment agency in the UK uses a free email address from Yahoo, Gmail, or similar services.

• No legitimate employment agency in the UK uses a telephone number that begins with +4470 (070). These are non-geographic numbers available to anyone in the world.

• No legitimate business requests payment via Western Union.

fred
23rd March 2012, 04:15
Is this their website?

http://www.universalvisas.co/

juvyjones28
23rd March 2012, 05:34
Definitely a scam, don't send any penny. I had a same job offer as an Au-pair in UK before. It was too good to be true, most of this job offers aren't genuine. Be careful. :rolleyes:

joebloggs
23rd March 2012, 07:38
send me photos of the them and told me that the visa agency will email me too.the visa agency who contacted me and the processing fee of 1200pound "UNIVERSAL VISA SERVICES LTD"11G11 DAVINA HOUSE,137-149 GOSWELL ROAD LONDON,EC1V 7ET.UK .

how did they want you to send them the money ? western union :rolleyes:

Steve.r
23rd March 2012, 08:35
SCAM......... run away

enitsirhc
23rd March 2012, 08:39
The visa agency in uk website is infouvisa@gmx.co.uk .When i ask the prospect employer how will a make the payment he told me to liase with the visa agency.My prospect employer info was Mr.Patrick Tim Howard of 11 Silverdale Close Harrow,Northolt,Greater London UB5 4 BL,UK. Terms and Condition *5days a week 40hrs and 8 hrs per day,Sat & Sun Off *Free double room and feeding including full electronics set,free internet browsing and laptop usage *£3000 per month and £80 for weekly allowances *Offered 2 weeks paid vacation after 7mis of working.

Steve.r
23rd March 2012, 08:50
You need to understand that the chances of you coming to the uk are slim to none. We hear of these scammers conning unsuspecting people many times. DO NOT SEND MONEY.

IF you look on Google maps, the addres you give shows local authority housing and blocks of flats. I don't think these people will have the money to bring a Nanny or AuPair. They are probably Nigerian scammers.

If it sounds too good to be true...... it probably is

Bluebirdjones
23rd March 2012, 10:04
It's a SCAM

I suggest you read these previous threads.... I think you'll see the same type of language, phrases in the "job offer" you also received.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/34019-working-visa-for-au-pair?highlight=scam+au+pair

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/30306-Re-How-to-determine-if-the-job-being-offered-is-authentic-for-domestic-job?highlight=scam+au+pair

Let's make this simple ..... it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for a UK-based employer/family to employ an au-pair / domestic from outside the EU.

... so all job offers of this nature are SCAMS

grahamw48
23rd March 2012, 10:11
Please also report this company to the UKBA.

Terpe
23rd March 2012, 11:50
enitsirhc,

As everyone has said, this is a SCAM
These people want to trick you out of your money. DO NOT send any money at all. Nothing.

As Graham suggest, send your story and all correspondence to the UKBA at the British Embassy.

Bernard11
23rd March 2012, 13:56
I had a same job offer as an Au-pair in UK before but it was too good to be true, most of this job offers aren't genuine.

enitsirhc
24th March 2012, 08:27
Guys thanks for the info.can share me the website to report this scammers.i have the family photo and all the exchanging email printed.

JAYMEE
25th May 2012, 09:19
how can that be? i actually processing all my documents here in the Philippines then suddenly I saw your forum... Oh my! I even scan the working contract letter a while ago, with my signature in it... What is happening to :NoNo:this world?

JAYMEE
25th May 2012, 09:20
Its all the same, the name of the employer and the agency..

grahamw48
25th May 2012, 11:01
It is almost impossible for a Filipina to get a work visa for this country....end of story.

If in doubt contact the British Embassy.

NEVER pay anyone money. :NoNo:

They should be paying you ! :doh