PDA

View Full Version : A world of poems (love story)

jlags90
28th March 2012, 09:12
Love does move in a mysterious way. It arrives in an unexpected time, and since it is mysterious, there are events which happen that even how hard we try seeking for explanations we fail. But, that’s part of the mystery: it happens because it is meant to happen. Let me unfold the mystery how David and I came to be together.
I have joined dating sites since I was 18 years old. It was just a way to kill boredom since I work in the computer laboratory of the university where I completed my Bachelor’s Degree. I have joined around six dating sites, one of which is asiandating.com (formerly asian euro) where I spend my online rendezvous most of the time.
Around the end of August 2010, Dave and I met online in an extraordinary way. Not the usual getting to know which usually happens in a dating site. I have written my profile well in asian dating as I know a well written profile would attract more men, and since I am not a paying member, my communication is only limited to gold and premium members. One of the rules of the dating site is prohibiting members to share their contact information such as emails and phone numbers. Out of stupidity, I tried writing my profile in a way that I gave a clue to my email address and ym I.D. (I wanted to know who reads profiles and I want to find out who is clever). Luckily, the dating site staff did not notice the clue hidden beneath my well written profile so it was published for three months.
One boring afternoon, I sent interests to anyone who is online disregarding who they are or where they come from. And Dave was one of those people whom I have sent interest. I did not even dared reading his profile. That time, I did not send any message and I was not expecting that I would meet someone clever enough. After around 30 minutes, I saw a pending friend request in my Yahoo Messenger account and THAT was DAVE! I was surprised because within three months, it is only DAVE who SOLVED the PUZZLE and got his way to my YM without me telling him. I have concluded, HE MUST be GREAT!
I was honestly impressed since he was the cleverest man. I was saddened because we did not talk for long that afternoon since he had to catch the train for his work. Since we met, we talk around 30 minutes each day before he goes to his work. He often has his breakfast while talking to me to save time. Through our chats, I found Dave so interesting and exciting to talk to. We exchanged our previously written stories and we do critiquing session to improve work. I also sent him copies of the poems I have previously written. Most of the time, he corrects the syntax and grammar of the poems. On the first three weeks, our chats are centered in literature especially the novels written by Hemingway since he is Dave’s favourite author. We both love to read so we never run out of topics to talk about.
Dave was surprised to know that I am still 20 years old by that time because I seem to know a lot about stuff under the heat of the sun. He even suspected that I am not telling my real age because everytime we talk in the first three weeks, I did not show myself on cam. I just sent him pictures in his email. One afternoon, he challenged me to show myself on cam and he will book for a flight to the Philippines if he finds out that I am really a woman. I did not take the challenge seriously because we have just met and it is a big gamble to book a flight that early. Nevertheless, I went to a café to talk to him on skype. Dave saw me on cam the first time on September 18, 2010. True enough to his words, he started looking for cheaper flights to Davao but I told him that I won’t be free ‘til the end of March of 2011 because I am busy with school work since I am a graduating student. He agreed to visit me on my 21st birthday so he booked for a flight to Davao last September 23, 2010 but he was scheduled to arrive in the Philippines on the 23rd of March, 2011. We had to wait for six months to meet personally. It was a long wait for both of us but we used the time of waiting to get to know more each other deeply. He sent me books along the way and introduced the works of George Orwell to me. From September to March, I have been talking to David exclusively and had deactivated my profiles in the dating sites where I have previously joined. I wanted to give time and chance for our online relationship to flourish. Dave only joined one dating site and his membership expired around November of 2010. Whenever I could not go online because of busy study schedule, Dave would leave me messages on my phone and often times call.
Through our chats, I have found out that the qualities of a man I have been looking for a prospective mate are in Dave. He was far more different from those I have previously met online. He was more realistic than the others. Though we felt a deep connection online, he often tells me that things might go upside down when we meet. We might not like each other when we are together or we might find qualities which may hinder the development of a healthy relationship when we meet. Deep inside, we have been hoping for a positive result when we meet. I have found in Dave the “crazy factor”, there are no dull moments when we meet online. Above all, he has been so honest with his past relationships and his statements always collide.
We had lesser online talks in December since he moved in to his new house and it took him around one month to get everything in order including his internet at home. Nevertheless, he still sends me mobile messages and calls during special occasions.
Our love story became more colourful and headed to a new direction after his 45th birthday. At exactly 12:01 of the 31st of January, I sent him a voice message with a simple birthday greeting. He was so happy with what I did. It might have changed something in him. He started expressing hopes about us living a good life together. I LOVE YOUs are said often than before. He calls me often and on February, I received my first VALENTINE CARD ever!
Finally, Dave arrived in the Philippines on the 23rd of March 2011 and because of a long flight to Philippines, he decided to stay in Manila for one night and flew to Davao the next day. I met Dave personally at Davao International Airport without companion. Though I know it was safer to bring someone with me in our first meeting, I opted not to because I felt there was no need for it. Dave was equally good looking and I did not expect he had such a slim figure because he looks chubby online. He was wearing a body tight striped polo shirt with a red panama hat! Probably with the gush of admiration, I had to say hi to him with the French (cheek to cheek) greeting! We ran out of words for the first time in the taxi on our way to his hotel but we managed to talk about his flight. We have made it clear before he flew to Philippines that I am not staying with him in his hotel so I just accompanied him. After checking in and putting his things in place, we dined at a fine seafood restaurant nearby. That was our first dinner date! We were just observing each others moves for the first time and I noticed he was so behaved in public, not the crazy one online.
We met in a mall on the second day and he opened about a more serious stuff. He asked about how I think about us being together. He told me that I was more wonderful in person and that he would love to spend the rest of his Philippine stay with me as much as possible. He even asked me if I do not like him because he had not even kissed nor touched me since his arrival! I just laughed at his foolishness. But that night, I slept with him in his hotel but he was aware I am not ready for something more and I am glad he respected how I felt that night. He was never angry but was so considerate and as expected, nothing happened between us in our first night together. The next day, we travelled to my hometown to ask permission from my parents to go with him in a secluded island in Davao for my 21st birthday celebration. My parents allowed us so we went to Samal Island the next day. We stayed there for two nights and three days. On our first night in the island, he arranged for a candle light dinner by the sea and after giving his birthday present to me, the unexpected marriage proposal happened. He was so great and I felt it was a great stupidity to say no. I accepted his proposal and we spent the rest of the days in the island full of hope and love.
He stayed for five more days and was there during my graduation day. He also attended my thanksgiving party where he had the taste of a Filipino party. He was so happy that I had let him experience party the Filipino way. He drunk, ate, sang and danced with my relatives! He was so cool along the way and did not have problems dealing with my folks. The night before he flew back to England, he talked to my father and assured him that whatever happens he will always be there to support me.
Dave had become more thoughtful since we had met personally and few days after his arrival in England after his Philippine trip, he made the first poem that was made for me!
We talk often than before and each time, we always long to be in each others arms once again in the bond of marriage. I have met David’s parents online and they are happy with the prospect of Dave settling for the first time at 45. Despite my zeal to meet Dave’s father personally, he died of a sickness at age 83 in the Month of October 2011 and I wrote a poem for Dave’s father which was read by Dave during his father’s burial.
I have been so blessed to meet Dave, and we are hoping for the approval of my fiancée visa to the UK to be able to be with him in England so together, we could write more beautiful poems. Our connection is stronger as it is bonded by love, hope, trust and POETRY.

lastlid
28th March 2012, 09:17
I would have been too thick to pass the test :D

So when is your application going in to VFS? Some time soon?

jlags90
28th March 2012, 09:28
YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED US IN THE APPLICATION... Lastlid, my visa was approved Dec. 9, 2011.. I am flying to UK on the 24th... Remember the scrapbook problem?

lastlid
28th March 2012, 09:35
Ah. Its alzheimers. :D I thought you were still waiting to put the application in. Sorry. My wife tells me I have a "memory gap" - 100% certified.

Good. Yes, now I remember you were simply waiting until now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
28th March 2012, 09:38
YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED US IN THE APPLICATION... Lastlid, my visa was approved Dec. 9, 2011.. I am flying to UK on the 24th... Remember the scrapbook problem?

Also it says on the bottom of your posts that you are hoping to see the visa stamp in your passport.

Terpe
28th March 2012, 09:48
Nice love story.
Me too, I probably would not have figured out the hidden clue's.

Your visa was approved Dec 9?? That's quite a long time ago. What is the date of validity?
I only ask because usually UKBA don't issue visa's more than 3 months ahead of start dates?

Anyway enjoyed reading your story and I hope all works out well for you journey to UK
Just in time for some nice weather too.

imagine
28th March 2012, 09:52
thats a wonderful love story :):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Miss Taurus
28th March 2012, 12:50
Awesome love story:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
28th March 2012, 12:56
I can see you enjoy writing Jlags. Good to see. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jlags90
29th March 2012, 06:21
Ah. Its alzheimers. :D I thought you were still waiting to put the application in. Sorry. My wife tells me I have a "memory gap" - 100% certified.

Good. Yes, now I remember you were simply waiting until now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry... I did not edit my signature... :) I should have changed it... :)):Hellooo::Hellooo:

Do not worry with the memory gap lastlid.... One of the reasons why westerners would opt for a younger Filipina because our memory is still fresh... and that would supplement your memory gap... (just pulling your leg)...

jlags90
29th March 2012, 06:25
Nice love story.
Your visa was approved Dec 9?? That's quite a long time ago. What is the date of validity?
I only ask because usually UKBA don't issue visa's more than 3 months ahead of start dates?

Anyway enjoyed reading your story and I hope all works out well for you journey to UK
Just in time for some nice weather too.

Thanks Terpe... :) My visa was approved on the 9th of December but its validity is March 9th 2012 (three months after the approval). We included in the cover letter that I can't travel to England til the second week of April because of my work here in Philippines.

Rosie1958
29th March 2012, 06:48
Hi Jlags90

I also enjoyed reading your story. As you have already experienced, perceptions of people online are often very different in face to face situations. I do hope that you know each other well enough to make a successful marriage and I wish you both the very best of luck and a safe trip to UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie :)

lastlid
29th March 2012, 06:48
Sorry... I did not edit my signature... :) I should have changed it... :)):Hellooo::Hellooo:

Do not worry with the memory gap lastlid.... One of the reasons why westerners would opt for a younger Filipina because our memory is still fresh... and that would supplement your memory gap... (just pulling your leg)...

Ah, but my wife also forgets....hehe

jlags90
31st March 2012, 09:13
Hi Jlags90

I also enjoyed reading your story. As you have already experienced, perceptions of people online are often very different in face to face situations. I do hope that you know each other well enough to make a successful marriage and I wish you both the very best of luck and a safe trip to UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie :)

Thank you Rosie... We also have been hoping the same.. :) Dave would often tell me about how feelings may change with constant exposure to each other everyday once I arrive in UK.. I just hope the feelings would grow deeper...

Jona

jlags90
31st March 2012, 09:14
Ah, but my wife also forgets....hehe

Hahaha... Not a problem.. Have more children to keep reminding you.. :)