PDA

View Full Version : marriage in phillipines verus the U K

tiger31
29th March 2012, 19:43
where is the least problematic place to get married phillis or u.k ive heard there is a mountain of paperwork to file in the phillis to get married there.so why get married there ?surly the u.k is much easier to get married in.as this is my second time i don,t want the hassle just a stress free time .any advice cheers

stevewool
29th March 2012, 19:47
its down to yourself where is best, myself and emma was married here in england, my family andfriends where invited and we managed to get some of emmas family on the cam so they did see so much, the cost well what do you want to pay,what does your girl want thats the most important thing to ask and thats the best place to start too, what ever you chose , goodluck

Terpe
29th March 2012, 19:49
where is the least problematic place to get married phillis or u.k ive heard there is a mountain of paperwork to file in the phillis to get married there.so why get married there ?surly the u.k is much easier to get married in.as this is my second time i don,t want the hassle just a stress free time .any advice cheers

Take a look here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/36171-Fiance(e)-Visa-or-Spouse-Visa-Which-is-best

It may or may not help but hopefully will provide food for food on a personal choice.

I don't think the paperwork in the Philippines is problematic. It's pretty simple really.

Steve.r
29th March 2012, 21:02
Let your fiancee choose :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
29th March 2012, 21:41
There is no divorce in the Phils ? :Erm:

Terpe
29th March 2012, 23:30
There is no divorce in the Phils ? :Erm:
And????:Erm::Erm:

RickyR
30th March 2012, 00:02
One aspect that I'd throw in for the Philippines is that you can have a much bigger wedding and party for a considerably smaller price.
When we got married in the Philippines, we married in the church and then rented an entire resort for the reception with outside caters, an unlimited bar for the guests and accomodation. The bride and bridesmaid dresses we're all made to design. We could never have even dreamed of affording something similar in the UK. It was also a great bonding occasion between my family and my wifes which could never have occured had the wedding been in the UK.

grahamw48
30th March 2012, 00:13
And????:Erm::Erm:

More the prospective wife's problem I suppose, if she is a Filipino citizen and marrying there.

sars_notd_virus
30th March 2012, 09:38
where is the least problematic place to get married phillis or u.k

it doesnt matter PH or UK , you still need to process your legal documents for the marriage

Lancashirelad
1st April 2012, 22:32
We did both! We got married in the UK, because i saw it as the fastest route to be with my fiancee at the time. We later returned to the Philippines and had a re run of the wedding with a blessing in church.:)

lastlid
2nd April 2012, 06:42
I didn't get any choice. It was down to my wifes mother that we marry in the Philippines. :icon_lol:

rajann
24th May 2012, 21:16
We did both! We got married in the UK, because i saw it as the fastest route to be with my fiancee at the time. We later returned to the Philippines and had a re run of the wedding with a blessing in church.:)

Its good to hear that some body have happy life after marriage. It doesn't matter how somebody at this stage...Otherwise its good to have celebrate marriage at Uk.