PDA

View Full Version : olympic team smallest ever

tiger31
6th April 2012, 20:14
can someone explain to me a nation of 90 plus million people can send only 5 athletes to the games .Thats got to be a national disgrace by the goverment .I hope they can justify this in some way ,to me there is no excuse for this situation .any comments on this

Terpe
6th April 2012, 20:36
can someone explain to me a nation of 90 plus million people can send only 5 athletes to the games .Thats got to be a national disgrace by the goverment .I hope they can justify this in some way ,to me there is no excuse for this situation .any comments on this

Could be many reasons.
Have you seen how the Greek Olympic Team has been reduced?

Sending athletes cost a substantial amount of money.
Apart from that the athletes themselves need to be performing at required levels.

Australia will send their smallest team since 1992 due mainly to non-qualification.

What do you think the government can do to improve the situation? Perhaps spending much much more on training, facilities and support? Or are there other priorities?

It not always as straightforward as could be imagined.

Are there any athletes who have reached the required qualification levels yet are not be allowed to participate?

lastlid
6th April 2012, 21:10
And we have been told of visa delays in Manila owing to the Olympics. Waaaaaaaaah. :icon_lol: 5 athletes......Must be a big support team