PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate English Breakfast

RickyR
8th April 2012, 14:35
Since it's Easter, it's always nice to have a good hearty breakfast. What would you consider to be the ultimate English Breakfast?

stevewool
8th April 2012, 14:41
just toast for me thats what i like with apricot preserve too yum yum yum, plus a coffee too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
8th April 2012, 14:51
2 eggs
2bacon
1 sausage
fried tomatoes
mushrooms
black pudding
two of toast
pot of tea

That was mine & my Mahals breakfeast this easter morning...A rare treat as breakfeast usually consists of porridge with banana & honey

lastlid
8th April 2012, 15:28
Well, i dont partake of a full english so much these days ( though I used to eat one every day offshore ) but when i do i like to top it off with a slice or two of black pudding!

Dedworth
8th April 2012, 15:36
Wetherspoons this morning

Scrambled eggs, two rashers of bacon and two sausages, with baked beans, three hash browns, a flat mushroom and half a grilled tomato and two slices of toast. Washed down with a large coffee came to about a fiver. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
8th April 2012, 15:41

Scrambled eggs, two rashers of bacon and two sausages, with baked beans, three hash browns, a flat mushroom and half a grilled tomato and two slices of toast. Washed down with a large coffee came to about a fiver. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Amazing value Ded i have no wetherspoons in my town unfortunatley :doh

Dedworth
8th April 2012, 15:47
Amazing value Ded i have no wetherspoons in my town unfortunatley :doh

Worth looking out for if you are on your travels the smaller version is great value too , £2.99 gets you

1 x egg, 1 x sausage, half a tom, 2 x hash browns, beans, 2 rashers bacon, slice of toast £2.99 (beware though at airports they charge approx double)

We go quite often on a Sat or Sun up till 12 noon

RickyR
8th April 2012, 15:51
mmmm would love a good English Breakfast. Especially black pudding. I'll be in Spain soon, so hoping that I'll find a good place to get a full English.

Paid a fiver for a bottle of beer the other day Ded, would be happy if there was a wetherspoons here.

Arthur Little
8th April 2012, 15:55

Scrambled eggs, two rashers of bacon and two sausages, with baked beans, three hash browns, a flat mushroom and half a grilled tomato and two slices of toast. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yeahthat: ... appeals to me also! :hubbahubba: Indeed, OUR local Wetherspoons (formerly Perth Trustee Savings Bank HQ ... appropriately renamed 'The Capital Asset') ... happens to be conveniently situated overlooking the River Tay - right next door to the church Myrna & I attend.

lastlid
8th April 2012, 15:56
Worth looking out for if you are on your travels the smaller version is great value too , £2.99 gets you

1 x egg, 1 x sausage, half a tom, 2 x hash browns, beans, 2 rashers bacon, slice of toast £2.99 (beware though at airports they charge approx double)

We go quite often on a Sat or Sun up till 12 noon

WOW yes. Cant get much for 2.99 here on the IOM...no Wetherspoons here either.

Dedworth
8th April 2012, 15:58
Paid a fiver for a bottle of beer the other day Ded, would be happy if there was a wetherspoons here.

:yikes: We went to Aldi yesterday to buy amongst other stuff bedding plants at £1.79 a tray. I took the opportunity to invest in 5 x 500ml bottles of Courage Best and 5 x 500ml of Dutch 5% Bavaria at £1.00 per bottle. I saw in Sainsburys later they are supporting Rip Off Britain flogging the Best @ £1.95

Arthur Little
8th April 2012, 16:21
Washed down with a large coffee came to about a fiver. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:toocoffee:!! But ...

1 x egg, 1 x sausage, half a tom, 2 x hash browns, beans, 2 rashers bacon, slice of toast

... that's MY ":tea_cup5:"! And BOTH - great value for money. :REGamblMoney01HL1:

imagine
8th April 2012, 16:25
2 eggs
2bacon
1 sausage
fried tomatoes
mushrooms
black pudding
two of toast
pot of tea

wheres the baked beans :doh

Arthur Little
8th April 2012, 16:45
wheres the baked beans :doh ...

:rolleyes: ... they're now " HAS BEENS" :D ... because ...

Arthur Little
8th April 2012, 16:48
... of their flatuous after-effects ... :action-smiley-081: ...

fred
8th April 2012, 16:50
These days I get 2 Purefood hot dogs a fried egg, a plate full of white boiled rice and a spoonful of Katsup!... Yuk!
Dont rub it in!

lastlid
8th April 2012, 16:53
... of their flatulent after-effects ... :action-smiley-081: ...

I introduced Mrs Lastlid to baked beans and she loved em. After a few weeks I pointed out to her the after affects and once the penny dropped and she had put 2 and 2 together she has stopped eating them ever since...:icon_lol:

Terpe
8th April 2012, 17:08
Perfectly cooked Scrambled Egg bound with a chive beurre blanc and topped with smoked salmon. All served on a lightly toasted brioche :hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
8th April 2012, 17:09
:icon_offtopic: There's a pub along the road from where I live; 'the 208', it's called ... happens to be located opposite the driveway to Perth Crematorium. Handy watering hole :cwm24: for funeral parties. :D

Moy
8th April 2012, 17:15
speaking of breakfast nothing beat mine..in my own opinion:action-smiley-081::cwm24::icon_lol:

http://regandmitzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/myrons-brunch-8.jpg

:hubbahubba::Rasp::D

lastlid
8th April 2012, 17:18
Perfectly cooked Scrambled Egg bound with a chive beurre blanc and topped with smoked salmon. All served on a lightly toasted brioche :hubbahubba:

Bagles and smoked salmon and cream cheese. That was my ex wifes favourite. Washed down with a bucks fizz.

Terpe
8th April 2012, 17:26
speaking of breakfast nothing beat mine..in my own opinion:action-smiley-081::cwm24::icon_lol:

http://regandmitzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/myrons-brunch-8.jpg

:hubbahubba::Rasp::D

Wow!! gimme gimme :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Ako Si Jamie
8th April 2012, 18:04
I have a full english every Monday lunchtime at a truck stop in Wales.

5 rashers of bacon
2 sausages
loads of baked beans
egg
fried bread
toast
tea

All for a fiver and this one fills you up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
8th April 2012, 18:47
Usually its just toast but we are at a B&B in Blackpool at the moment, so enjoying a nice full english in the mornings. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
8th April 2012, 18:51
Usually its just toast but we are at a B&B in Blackpool at the moment, so enjoying a nice full english in the mornings. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You see the new comedy carpet, Rusty?

rusty
8th April 2012, 18:55
You see the new comedy carpet, Rusty?

Yes, as we were walking up to it, we wondered why all the people were walking in circles and looking down.

RickyR
8th April 2012, 19:02
So the essential ingrediants for the Breakfast of Champions is:

Fried Eggs or Scrambled Eggs
Sausages
Bacon
Fried Bread
Toast
Black Pudding
Hash Browns
Baked Beans

mmmmm :-) When we lived in Cebu there is a guy there who makes his own bacon, sells it pretty cheaply. Living in the Middle East means pretty no pork (its available in special pork shops, but it isn't cheap).

I've got to admit, on rare occasions I do like Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Eggs on Toast :-) Yum Yum

lastlid
8th April 2012, 20:06
I remember taking bacon and sausages, along with hop extract into Libya where it was banned, they would often intercept it in Immigration but not always and that meant providing a "pork" lifeline to those that were there semi permanently. The nearest one could get otherwise, was beef bacon, which wasnt really close to the real deal.

Jamesey
8th April 2012, 22:13
When I cook my cooked English breakfast, the essential items are:

Bacon (grilled)
Fried eggs
Black pudding (grilled)
Tomatoes (tinned, good quality)
Fried mushrooms (the big flat brown ones)
White toast
Coffee

Optional extras are:

Sausages
Baked beans
Fried bread
Hash browns / fried potato
Tea
Orange or grapefruit juice

When my wife's family visited, they loved it! Apparently, her brother has looked all over Manila and hasn't found a better "English" breakfast then mine! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tanga
9th April 2012, 04:55
I have a full english every Monday lunchtime at a truck stop in Wales.

5 rashers of bacon
2 sausages
loads of baked beans
egg
fried bread
toast
tea

All for a fiver and this one fills you up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

What a bargain! 7 quid for a breakfast fry up here. Ok for high days and holidays

http://unionjacktavern.com.ph/menus.php?catid=1

subseastu
9th April 2012, 06:22
Pint of Pedigree to kick start the day

subseastu
9th April 2012, 06:28
Or gravalax with mustard sauce, scrambled egg and some homemade bread toasted.

For a fry up its:
Grilled pork snorkers and bacon from the butcher
lightmy srambled egg
Beans
Toast
The wife will have mushrooms but I have a phobia of them, can't even touch them!
Fresh squeezed orange juice.

Ako Si Jamie
9th April 2012, 17:32
What a bargain! 7 quid for a breakfast fry up here. Ok for high days and holidays

http://unionjacktavern.com.ph/menus.php?catid=1Sounds like a case of an ex pat ripping off other ex pats. :NoNo:

I've never had a full English over in the Phils but I did manage to get a bacon sarni for the equivalent of about 20p. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lancashirelad
11th April 2012, 00:27
My ultimate breakfast : Beans, Crispy Bacon, Lincolnshire Sausage, Fried Egg, 2 Hash Brown, 2 Slices Fried Black Pudding, Grilled Tomato, slice of hot toast with lurpack, Half Slice Fried Bread, Brown Sauce, Smooth Orange Juice, Fresh Ground Black Coffee. :)

South-east boy
16th April 2012, 11:50
Mine would be: crispy bacon, fried or scrambled eggs, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fried bread and beans. Maybe sausages too if they are nice ones! Not had one for ages and thinking about it is making me hungry! :icon_lol:

Sunny11
24th April 2012, 07:31
I would consider "Italian food" as a healthy breakfast which is simply mind- blowing and ultimate food i had ever.

DeltaRomeo
24th April 2012, 17:01
I would consider "Italian food"
Sunny11
Banned

After 1 post...
That'll teach you to suggest Italian food for English breakfast! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
24th April 2012, 17:25
If i am at work its always continental breakfast for me , during my off days its gotta be pinoy breakfast or just porridge and banana , during my hubby's off days its english breakfast (eggy bread , sausage or bacon,tomato,mushrooms and baked beans )