PDA

View Full Version : I just wonderd how we all spent the holiday weekend ?

mickcant
9th April 2012, 19:43
Hi Everyone,
I think most of us in the UK have had poor weather this holiday?
So just wonderd how we all spent the weekend.

I have done a lot of maintenance on my computers,
Sorting out folders then de fragged the drives and backed them up to external hard disc drives.

Have just watched the film "Marley and me" again this afternoon, it is about a young couple just married who get a puppy then have children and all the adventures life brings with a lively dog in the family, until he eventfully has to be put to sleep to spare him suffering.

I do not mind admitting it brought tears to my eyes as I have been through loosing dogs five times in the past.
But that is life.

I was pleased they buried him in their garden.

Take care,
Mick.

lastlid
9th April 2012, 19:48
I was at work today.....

stevie c
9th April 2012, 19:49
I was at work today.....

me too :NoNo:

stevewool
9th April 2012, 19:57
seen the grandkids went shopping eaten out, talked to friends, friends visited me, when to see my brothers, chilled out, watched tv, bed, clean up and so on and on and on, what a crap holiday weekend weather, rather be at work,:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

andy222
9th April 2012, 20:38
Well I had good friday off but I was working the rest. Good old NHS.:doh

Dedworth
9th April 2012, 20:40
Shopping, eating, drinking, generally dossing around. Grass cutting was on the agenda today but called off due to rain

grahamw48
9th April 2012, 23:13
I went drag racing yesterday. Also did some shopping. :)

Terpe
10th April 2012, 07:52
It's been a bit of a funny Easter Holiday for us. The weather really was a downer that's for sure. We had planned a couple of barbies, but.............
Not much chance to do anything in the garden, just too wet.

We spent most of the time emptying the loft of the accumulated rubbish.
It's just amazing the stuff we had crammed up in that roof space. Brought back some good memories and had a laugh etc but why we kept it all :doh

A job well done anyway.

mickcant
10th April 2012, 08:43
It's been a bit of a funny Easter Holiday for us. The weather really was a downer that's for sure. We had planned a couple of barbies, but.............

It's just amazing the stuff we had crammed up in that roof space. Brought back some good memories and had a laugh etc but why we kept it all :doh

A job well done anyway.

My last flat had a loft and I had moved from a 3 bed house so put a lot of stuff into the loft, when I moved 4 or so years later I then took most of it to the tip, been better if I had done that to start with:omg:
Problem is I do not like dumping stuff that "might" come in handy:crazy:
Mick.:)

rusty
10th April 2012, 09:54
Finished work on Thursday and not going back till tomorrow. :Jump:

Had a lovely couple of days away with the family in Blackpool but weather could have been a bit better.

My wife's Birthday today so cooked her a filipino breakfast this morning and now getting ready for her filipina friends to come round and eat more food. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
10th April 2012, 10:00
My last flat had a loft and I had moved from a 3 bed house so put a lot of stuff into the loft, when I moved 4 or so years later I then took most of it to the tip, been better if I had done that to start with:omg:
Problem is I do not like dumping stuff that "might" come in handy:crazy:
Mick.:)

I hope no one threw away a Clarice Cliff vase or similar....:D

Cash in the attic and all that....

subseastu
10th April 2012, 10:04
I'm at work in 30 degrees of Mozambique! Better time than my brother who along with his brother in law got mugged outside a local pub. My brother now has 3 stitches in his head and a bust leg. He has to go back to hospital on friday to see if they need to operate. Looking at over 8 weeks of work. Sick pay is £50 a week!!!!!!!

grahamw48
10th April 2012, 10:43

A job well done anyway.

There are schemes at the moment where EVERYONE regardless of income etc can have their loft topped up with insulation free of charge.

Have a look on the Energy Savings Trust website. :)

Terpe
10th April 2012, 11:31
There are schemes at the moment where EVERYONE regardless of income etc can have their loft topped up with insulation free of charge.

Thanks for the good tip Graham. The loft space got fully insulated and floor boaded just a couple of years ago.
We also had cavity wall insulation.

Anyways, we're looking now to move out of this big old house into something more cosy (and cheaper) whilst we decide when to relocate to the paradise islands.

Terpe
10th April 2012, 11:31

Thanks for the good tip Graham. The loft space got fully insulated and floor boaded just a couple of years ago.
We also had cavity wall insulation.

Anyways, we're looking now to move out of this big old house into something more cosy (and cheaper) whilst we decide when to relocate to the paradise islands.

stevewool
10th April 2012, 18:48

what about my walls graham, its a terraced so cant get any between the bricks its either on the outside or inside i can have that is fixed to the wall too

grahamw48
10th April 2012, 19:07
There's no funding for solid walls at present...far as I'm aware. Still too expensive to subsidise . Same with double glazing.

I would avoid the sprayed on stuff (outside).Lots of spurious claims and damned expensive, to the point of being a rip-off.

Before you decorate next time you could fix insulating board to as much of the inside of outside (only) walls as possible, using polystyrene sheet for more awkward areas.

Seal the gaps between the floorboards, or better still if you're staying a few years....take them up and put 2" thick polystyrene on the underside. Also seal under all window cills, around door and window frames etc, but make sure you don't impair the ventilation of the house. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
10th April 2012, 19:29
thats my plan for this year to put 25mm insulate with plaster board to the inside or the walls will not cost much just time and under £500 i reacon

grahamw48
10th April 2012, 19:39
Yeah, just a bit awkward and some mucking about, but well worth it for a cosier house and lower heating bills. :)

Moy
10th April 2012, 20:22
Hi Everyone,
I think most of us in the UK have had poor weather this holiday?
So just wonderd how we all spent the weekend.

i spent all my time with the big file of paperworks:cwm3::D and of course on my cooking agenda!!:Rasp::Jump::D

Terpe
10th April 2012, 21:17
i spent all my time with the big file of paperworks:cwm3::D and of course on my cooking agenda!!:Rasp::Jump::D

Well done Moy. Keep at the ILR application:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Then in your spare time just pur together a couple of gourmet dishes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
12th April 2012, 15:34
On Friday I edited some photos, chatted to Viva, went to Leeds castle to get some spring-time photos as it was a nice day out (& meant to be rubbish the rest of the Easter weekend!), then shopping to get a few more things for my hols in Phils in 5 weeks time, some grocery shopping, then ebay ads in the evening (free-listing w/end). Saturday took some photos of my brothers gf's shop for their website, then back home and more ebay ads & chatting to Viva. Sunday went to parents on Sunday afternoon, then back for more ebay ads & chatting to Viva. Monday taking photos of things to sell, wet-vaxxing a car seat to sell, rubbing down a car wheel I'm refurbing, rubbing down and spraying up some car headlight bowls, more ebay ads and chatting to Viva!

All the ebay ads and things I'm selling is to get more spending money on my hols! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 15:36
Do any good on ebay ? :)

I've been thinking of having a go myself.

I've only sold cars on there before.

South-east boy
12th April 2012, 15:46
Do any good on ebay ? :)

I've been thinking of having a go myself.

I've only sold cars on there before.

You should have a go. Maybe try a few various things and see how they do. Maybe wath a few smilar things to what you want to sell and see how they do? Now I just wait until free listing weekends as I list quite a few things, and even though the listing fee's are not too much, when you list a lot of things and re-list the unsold things each time they end, it soon adds up to a lot!

I'm listing all manner of things! Various cars bits & pieces, some clothing and other toot I dont want or won't use anymore. Might try some things on Gumtree or pre-loved sometime, but doing a whole lot of new ads doesn't appeal at the mo! :icon_lol:

Moy
12th April 2012, 19:14
Well done Moy. Keep at the ILR application:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Then in your spare time just pur together a couple of gourmet dishes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Jump::D oh yes Terpe :Dand soon am goin to invent a special dish:omg::D only for you:cwm24::D

grahamw48
12th April 2012, 23:02
You should have a go. Maybe try a few various things and see how they do. Maybe wath a few smilar things to what you want to sell and see how they do? Now I just wait until free listing weekends as I list quite a few things, and even though the listing fee's are not too much, when you list a lot of things and re-list the unsold things each time they end, it soon adds up to a lot!

I'm listing all manner of things! Various cars bits & pieces, some clothing and other toot I dont want or won't use anymore. Might try some things on Gumtree or pre-loved sometime, but doing a whole lot of new ads doesn't appeal at the mo! :icon_lol:

Thanks very much. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'll start having a root around the local bric a brac places and car boots. :)