PDA

View Full Version : More Doom And Gloom, Steve......

lastlid
10th April 2012, 07:22
But good news if you are welsh......

"Groundwater levels in south-eastern England are lower than during the 1976 drought, it has been revealed.

A former head of Welsh Water has claimed Wales should profit from transferring water to England."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17656317

mickcant
10th April 2012, 08:47
Yes there could be a way of water companies buying water from each other:furious3:

We always pay for their mistakes anyhow:omg:
But we all need water.
Mick.:)

lastlid
10th April 2012, 08:51
And a chance for the taxman to bung on some VAT......

Dedworth
10th April 2012, 10:13
Yes there could be a way of water companies buying water from each other:furious3:

We always pay for their mistakes anyhow:omg:
But we all need water.
Mick.:)

Quite right Mick - I'm baffled why there is no type of National Grid for Water. If we can bore huge tunnels under London and the Channel it can't be a big deal to link reservoirs. Welsh water has gone to Birmingham, Liverpool etc for decades

lastlid
10th April 2012, 10:33
Quite right Mick - I'm baffled why there is no type of National Grid for Water. If we can bore huge tunnels under London and the Channel it can't be a big deal to link reservoirs. Welsh water has gone to Birmingham, Liverpool etc for decades

Its relatively easy but still very expensive to bore tunnels across the channel and under London. But in other parts of the country would be more expensive owing to the local geology. Also, water would require pumping unless it was all at one level nationwide, which would also be a problem if surface pipes or shallow subsurface pipes were used, as water is heavy.

The Norwegians used to export ice some years back.......maybe thats an answer.....or harpoon an iceberg and drag it down here....:icon_lol:

stevewool
10th April 2012, 18:20
its only in this country that problems arise, look at theplaces that have little rain, how do they go on, wrong leaves, wrong snow, wrong rain, soon this contry will stop because its the wrong sunlight, hay ho life goes on in the woolley household no matter what:)

Arthur Little
10th April 2012, 18:27
And a chance for the taxman to bung on some VAT......

... VAT we can be sure of ... but it ain't gonna be a water-filled "vat"! :NoNo:

lastlid
10th April 2012, 18:55
its only in this country that problems arise, look at theplaces that have little rain, how do they go on, wrong leaves, wrong snow, wrong rain, soon this contry will stop because its the wrong sunlight, hay ho life goes on in the woolley household no matter what:)

Well, its looking good over here. We get buckets full of the stuff. We have the worlds biggest water wheel here. :D

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3XWH_Largest_Working_Waterwheel_in_the_world_Lady_Isabella_Isle_of_Man

stevewool
10th April 2012, 19:26
plus you have the greatest racing track in the world too,

lastlid
10th April 2012, 20:13
plus you have the greatest racing track in the world too, Depends how you look at it.....but I will spare you the doom and gloom. I haven't watched any yet, not properly but I will take Mrs Lastlid this year......